It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Preliminary Results using Opti Lube XPB
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:27 am 
LOST Newbie

After studying the Aug 2007 Diesel Fuel Lubricity Additives Study Results by the Diesel Place I decided to get some Opti-Lube XPD. It ranked second after 2% Reg SoyPower biodiesel for a fuel additive for lubricity.

After adding it and driving around town the first 80 miles I then made a trip from Northern Va to Boston earlier this week and while on the highway noticed that the needle seemed to moving slower. When fueled in New Jersey (lowest priced diesel on the trip) I got an average of 26 MPG.

Got stuck in 30 miles of traffic in Conn and was unable to get a real good highway reading for the rest of the trip to Boston.

Fueled up outside of Boston on the way back and made a 200 mile run at 65 to 70 mph. When I filled up I average 29 mpg, which is the highest mpg I have ever got.

It seems that there is no MPG improvement at lower speeds and around town but it could help out at higher speeds. I am making a 500 mile trip out to Ohio in April which is all highway. That will give me a good baseline to test.

FUMOTO, SAMCO Hoses
GDE Eco Tune, Euro Torque Con
New Fuel Filter Unit
2009 VW TDI