It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CRD's in New York
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

Anyone know why you can't buy a CRD in New York State?
What if you buy one out of state, what are the ins and outs??? Will DMV not let you register it or something?

2003 Silver Liberty Limited
-Just Plain old OEM
LOST #000610

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

The reason is the CRD does not meet California emissions which are required in NY, MA, and VT. I don't beleive you will be able to buy out of state and register it back home. I would contact your DMV and ask the question though.

Good luck!

Safari Rack
All Husky lined
Full Mopar Armor / Olympic Rock Rails
Daystar 2.5 lift - Rancho RS 5000's
Moab rims
265/75/16 Kumho KL71 MTR's
Magnaflow muffler / DR perf module
Security system - German Shepard

Post subject: CA CRD's
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:12 pm 
LOST Member

BH120, check through the past topics in this forum about briging CRD's into Cali. I'm in the middle of this now. Check out NY's DMV web site for rules on bringing in "used" vehicles or "buying a vehicle out of state". Cali has a whole page on this topic. That's likely your easiest/safest option.

GDE Eco Tune and DPF delete
CB Engineering DPF delete pipe
EHM

Past (sold to Mountainman):
2005 Patriot Blue Liberty CRD Limited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ok, I checked out the NYS DMV web site...you can bring them in, only if you meet their exemption...ie:my car died in Florida and I just HAD to buy a CRD!! :D

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/register.htm#california

Thanks for the tip on where to look!

2003 Silver Liberty Limited
-Just Plain old OEM
LOST #000610

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

if you end up with a CRD in New York can you still get it warrenty serviced at a Jeep dealer? Would the service dept still be responsbile for or capable of diesel work since they don't sell them there?

Post subject: Re: CRD's in New York
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:01 pm 
LOST Junkie

bh120 wrote:

Ah yeah.... That would be L-I-B-E-R-A-L-S! Let me just start the list

Hillary,
Lieberman,
Fienstein,
Schumer,
.......................... :lol:

New EGR Flow Control Valve @ 25,020 miles
New Transfer Case input/output seals @ 32,787 miles
SEGR Kit @ 52,000 miles
SunCoast TC and Transgo Shift Kit @ 52,000 miles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:04 pm 
LOST Member

DZL_LOU wrote:
bh120 wrote:

Ah yeah.... That would be L-I-B-E-R-A-L-S! Let me just start the list

Hillary,
Lieberman,
Fienstein,
Schumer,
.......................... :lol:

If that's the problem, then Bush should just sign an executive order repealing the CARB regulations for said states against diesels, no? I'm sure the auto mfg lobby (DC, VW) would be very agreeable to such an occurance.

And: 1995 Grand Cherokee 4.0 Laredo, Silver, Selec-Trac, custom free-flow exhaust by local shop.

Me: 1998 Subaru Outback AWD, 2.5 DOHC, 5-speed manual. Nearly 170k miles & runs awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:48 pm 
LOST Addict

joe78660 wrote:
if you end up with a CRD in New York can you still get it warrenty serviced at a Jeep dealer? Would the service dept still be responsbile for or capable of diesel work since they don't sell them there?

I think this depends on the dealer and how the owner chooses to manage their franchise. I shopped several dealers when buying a CRD, was turned away by two that would not sell (or service) a CRD. One place told me they wouldn't spend the money to send a tech to CRD school to risk loosing them to another dealership given the few they would ever sell or service. Your best bet is to call around and find a Jeep dealer that also sells Dodge trucks, at least they may have a mechanic familliar with diesel issues.

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:16 am 
LOST Member

RFCRD wrote:
joe78660 wrote:

I think this depends on the dealer and how the owner chooses to manage their franchise. I shopped several dealers when buying a CRD, was turned away by two that would not sell (or service) a CRD. One place told me they wouldn't spend the money to send a tech to CRD school to risk loosing them to another dealership given the few they would ever sell or service. Your best bet is to call around and find a Jeep dealer that also sells Dodge trucks, at least they may have a mechanic familliar with diesel issues.

Man, that is pretty shortsighted, given that there will be more Jeep CRD models (Grand Cherokee, etc) coming in the future. I am sure that most dealers will eventually bite the bullet.

My parents' local dealer doesn't sell or service CRDs either (they bought it in Oregon from a Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge dealer). However, there are 2 within 50 miles of them (Eastern WA) that sell Jeeps and Dodge trucks (local dealer is Jeep-Subaru-Mazda-Chevy-Cadillac) that will service the CRDs.

And: 1995 Grand Cherokee 4.0 Laredo, Silver, Selec-Trac, custom free-flow exhaust by local shop.

Me: 1998 Subaru Outback AWD, 2.5 DOHC, 5-speed manual. Nearly 170k miles & runs awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:47 am 
LOST Newbie

offroadsubaru wrote:
My parents' local dealer doesn't sell or service CRDs either (they bought it in Oregon from a Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge dealer). However, there are 2 within 50 miles of them (Eastern WA) that sell Jeeps and Dodge trucks (local dealer is Jeep-Subaru-Mazda-Chevy-Cadillac) that will service the CRDs.

Wow.. a dealer that has DC, GM, Ford, and Subaru under one roof... Crazy! :shock:

NEW RIDE: 2008 Flame Red JK Unlimited X 24S Dual tops, Auto, PW/L, Infinity Sound system, Sirius, Tow pkg, side steps
Added: Black fuel door, 7 pin Trailer lights, uConnect + iPod kit, bikini top, AutoPage 2-way alarm, Flexatrunk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:14 am 
LOST Newbie

You can buy a Liberty in NY and register it. I just got a used CPO Liberty CRD from Royal Chrysler in Oneonta, NY. Only catch is to register it in NY, it must have 7,500 miles or more on it.

After reading all the posts on this board, I am definitly wondering if someone put drugs in my coffee!
Regards,
Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:23 am 
LOST Member

v8dak wrote:
You can buy a Liberty in NY and register it. I just got a used CPO Liberty CRD from Royal Chrysler in Oneonta, NY. Only catch is to register it in NY, it must have 7,500 miles or more on it.

After reading all the posts on this board, I am definitly wondering if someone put drugs in my coffee!
Regards,
Bill

I am with you!!!!

Here in Mass, I had to do the same thing, I just bought a '06 Libby Limited from a dealer in New Hampshire with 14K miles so I could register it here in Massachusetts!!!

The thing runs GREAT so far... only one tank of fuel burned so far. 300 miles.....

C.

Yes I'm old enough to know better :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:27 am 
LOST Newbie

I live in NY, near the PA border, bought it in PA, registered it there till I had 7500 miles on it, then regestered it in NY. No problem with service, execpt for one dealer that refused to look at it.

05 CRD Limited G pkg
Leather(heated), Sunroof, Sirius,
RB1 Navigation Radio, IPod intergration kit
Trac Loc, Towing Pkg...
Thule rack & Box
coming ARB & Frankenlift, if I can keep it running long enough!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:14 am 
LOST Newbie

bh120 wrote:
What if you buy one out of state, what are the ins and outs??? Will DMV not let you register it or something?

Bill,
I have a CRD and a Volks Passet TDI and have NY reg. For some reason NY doesn't allow you to buy a new CRD, but if you can find a used one with over 7500 miles on it emissions will allow you to register it. If you can find out who the genius is who made the law, please share it with us all.