It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bio Diesel Fuel in Missouri
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:59 pm 
LOST Addict

Ground was broken today on what's to be the State of Missouri largest Biodiesel facility. This facility will use soybeans for fuel source and will make an estimated 30 million gallons of biodiesel a year. The plant will be at full capacity by fall of next year. MFA Oil Company & Ray-Carroll County Grain Growers Inc, the state's first and second largest agricultural fuel suppliers. The group have plans for three more plants within the next three years that would also provide other products like glycerin for use in antifreeze.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:46 am 
LOST Addict

Wish they would do something along that line here in NC. All the tobacco farmers in the eastern part of the state are going out of business, or getting paid by the state/feds not to grow tobacco. Give them a crop they can grow and make money on, instead of a government handout.

'05 Sport CRD Stone White
Provent CCV Filter/AT2525 Muffler
Stanadyne 30 u/Cat 2 u Fuel Filters
Fumoto Drain/Fleetguard LF3487 Oil filter
V6 Airbox/Amsoil EAA Air Filter
Suncoast TC/Shift Kit/Aux Cooler
Kennedy Lift Pump/Return Fuel Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:39 am 
LOST Member

In addition to biodiesel made from grown crops such as soy and canola, it can also be made from recycled waste vegitable oil. Y'all down south ought to have a bunch of that lying around. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:36 am 
LOST Addict

valkraider wrote:
In addition to biodiesel made from grown crops such as soy and canola, it can also be made from recycled waste vegitable oil. Y'all down south ought to have a bunch of that lying around. :)
Man you don't throw out oil just used once to make chittlens. :lol:

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:25 pm 
LOST Addict

You know, I've been toying with the idea of making a suggestion to the big boys at Freightliner. Being an employee, I've got access to the CEO's blog website, where he answers questions from employees.

I'd suggest that Freightliner get together with some of it's major customers, such as JB Hunt, Schneider, Penske, etc, the National Biodiesel Board, the stae of NC, etc. Make a proposal to the farmers - "If you agree to grow soybeans and canola instead of tobacco, we'll build the plants to process it into fuel. You'll have a guaranteed steady market for your crops, and we'll have a guaranteed supply of fuel that will also help us meet EPA emission, give better fuel economy, and make our trucks last longer. Plus the processing plants would mean more jobs and tax revenue in your area."

'05 Sport CRD Stone White
Provent CCV Filter/AT2525 Muffler
Stanadyne 30 u/Cat 2 u Fuel Filters
Fumoto Drain/Fleetguard LF3487 Oil filter
V6 Airbox/Amsoil EAA Air Filter
Suncoast TC/Shift Kit/Aux Cooler
Kennedy Lift Pump/Return Fuel Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:39 pm 
LOST Member

retmil46 wrote:
...and make our trucks last longer. "

Not sure the CEO wants trucks to last longer. I think the idea is to have them last "so long" so companies can buy more trucks.

I agree the push for biodiesel or ethanol needs to come from auto/truck manufacturers and if the oil companies were smart they'd be all over this. Once people realize the benefits of a renewable fuel source the market will sky rocket. I for one cannot wait for biodiesel to come to Maryland. There are something like 3 stations in the state, but I thought I read they want to build a plant either in Maryland or Delaware, which is good cause i live on the MD/DE border. Only time will tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:18 pm 
LOST Member

valkraider wrote:

The problem is, too many people are catching on as to why others are suddenly interested in their used frying oil. About 30 - 35 years ago, my Dad worked for a company that bought used grease/oil from restaraunts and sold it to a company that extracted "things" from it for makeup products. I'd much rather be burning it in my CRD than kissing it on my wife's lips. Unless of course it tasted like fried chicken, which might make a difference......................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:23 pm 
LOST Addict

boxhead wrote:
The problem is, too many people are catching on as to why others are suddenly interested in their used frying oil. About 30 - 35 years ago, my Dad worked for a company that bought used grease/oil from restaraunts and sold it to a company that extracted "things" from it for makeup products. I'd much rather be burning it in my CRD than kissing it on my wife's lips. Unless of course it tasted like fried chicken, which might make a difference......................

Man you better hope the wife doesn't read this forum, talk about cut off....wow. :lol:

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject: BioDiesel
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:01 am 
LOST Newbie

Sometimes Missouri does something that makes ya feel good about being here. :D :D