It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I never see CRD's
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:30 am 
LOST Newbie

First off, I'm new to this forum. You have shared some great information. Most questions I have were answered in prior posts. Thanks!

Second, does any of you see other CRD's on the road? I never do? Each time I pass an 05 I look for the CRD badge or the huge fan in the grill. I have never seen another.

Third, does any one know how many CRD's were sold in 05?

Forth, I've noticed a lot of people clasiming the Goodyear tires suck. I've had no problems with mine, but I have yet to have bad weather so maybe that will change. Maybe I just don't drive hard enough to notice the lack of handling??

Thanks again for all of the information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:12 am 
LOST Member

I have only ever seen one other CRD on the road. I do know of one other person with a CRD in my area who is on one of these boards, but I never see them.... :)

As far as I know DC originally planned 5000 CRDs in 2005, but they sold so fast they upped production to 8000.

I might be off... But I am in the ballpark..

Anyway - 8000 in a whole model year is nothing.... Odds of seeing them around are pretty slim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:54 am 
LOST Member

Come to the UK, over 90% of KJ's sold here are CRDs :)

Ian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:08 pm 
LOST Junkie

Have 2 Sports and a Limited in my area I see regularly. They sold a bunch of them over here in the Pacific Northwest. I'm the only one with a LOST sticker on it however, the others are just "Mall Rated" rigs. The other day my girlfriend took me to an area that had a really wierd traffic pattern that required you to drive 1/4 mile down the road and do a U-turn to get going the other direction at each store. I took a shortcut across the curbs between the bushes, the first one I thought she was going to die on me. The one's there after she giggled her booty off. She used my rig to go shopping in the same area with a load of her girlfriends the other day, I think I've created a monster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:09 pm 
LOST Member

spoonplugger1 wrote:
I'm the only one with a "LOST" sticker on it however, the others are just "Mall Rated" rigs. The other day my girlfriend took me to an area that had a really wierd traffic pattern that required you to drive 1/4 mile down the road and do a U-turn to get going the other direction at each store. I took a shortcut across the curbs between the bushes, the first one I thought she was going to die on me. The one's there after she giggled her @$#% off. She used my rig to go shopping in the same area with a load of her girlfriends the other day, I think I've created a monster.

All "mall-rated" Jeeps are not created equal.

Post subject: Re: I never see CRD's
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:26 pm 
LOST Member

pnorton wrote:
Second, does any of you see other CRD's on the road? I never do? Each time I pass an 05 I look for the CRD badge or the huge fan in the grill. I have never seen another.

Heh. Yeah, I've yet to see another CRD on the road. Of course here in Cali they aren't for sale so I'm sure that has something to do w/ it ;)

In other news, on my second tankful of B50 and everything seems fine. Though w/ D2 prices dropping BD is looking less attractive :( I can't afford to save the world.

GDE Eco Tune and DPF delete
CB Engineering DPF delete pipe
EHM

Past (sold to Mountainman):
2005 Patriot Blue Liberty CRD Limited

Post subject: Re: I never see CRD's
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:36 pm 
LOST Member

grywlfbg wrote:
Heh. Yeah, I've yet to see another CRD on the road. Of course here in Cali they aren't for sale so I'm sure that has something to do w/ it ;)

In other news, on my second tankful of B50 and everything seems fine. Though w/ D2 prices dropping BD is looking less attractive :( I can't afford to save the world.

Heh, coincidentally I spotted one in SW Portland yesterday. A silver Sport CRD.

Just pretend that the D2 prices haven't fallen....

But also consider that more (all) of the $ that you spend on Bio stays local, or domestic - which helps the economy, and puts more tax dollars into the system, which can impact your tax rates... So in the end you probably spend about the same for either - it just depends on where it comes out. At the pump or at the tax bill...

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:04 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have no BIOdiesel option within 50 miles. :cry:

Post subject: no crds
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:19 pm 
LOST Junkie

I live in NH where the CRD has been "popular". The dealers sell all they can get. I have seen excatly two other than mine. The sightings were both at the dealer when we were all there for EGR valve change. I have never seen one on the road and the diesel places I go have seen no others but mine. However, NH is bordered by two states MA/VT which don't allow CRD sales so I only get a chance to see in state CRDs of which there cant be more than about 50 at the most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:32 pm 
LOST Addict

Heck even worse is I have never seen a Liberty being driven by a guy around here. Had one woman give me a weird look the other day when I was driving the wife's Liberty, like what's he doing driving that.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:18 am 
oldnavy wrote:
Heck even worse is I have never seen a Liberty being driven by a guy around here. Had one woman give me a weird look the other day when I was driving the wife's Liberty, like what's he doing driving that.

YES! I'm not the only one!

I've seen one Limited and two other Sports, all driven by the ladies.

There are still several of the 2005 CRD's sitting on lots around town - probably because those dealers really don't deal well (at least that's been my experience). Where I bought mine up in Kokomo, IN - they had 8 of the 2005 CRDs the last week of September - now they only have 2 left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:12 pm 
Lifetime Member! LIBERTY OR DEATH
Lifetime Member!  LIBERTY OR DEATH

I've seen hundreds of Libertys around VABeach/Norfolk. 4X4s are more popular here than in the hills of East KY where I went to college. I'll estimate 60 percent of the Libertys I've seen were being driven by women. Most of them look at me funny, but it's not because they think a Liberty is a woman's vehicle; It's because they think it's weird that I'm staring (to see if they might be LOST) or waving (at a fellow Jeep driver). Unfortunately, some people driving Libertys (and Cherokees and Grand Cherokees) think they are just driving an "SUV." They have no idea that they're driving a Jeep, no concept what Jeep drivers share, no knowledge of the history of a GP, and don't care to know anyone else who does. Maybe they should educate the sales staff on this stuff so they can pass it on to the buyer...the guys I bought from had no idea where the Jeep came from or what it was good for. They just thought it was a good SUV too. Sad really.

Of those hundreds of Libertys I've seen in the area, not a one of them has been CRD. I haven't seen one at the diesel pumps at the mainstream stations, and I am still (by far) the smallest vehicle in line at the one and only truck stop we have in the area. Again, sales education would help. I was teaching the dealers about the CRD and I'm a diesel baby.

On the fourth point in the original post - the tires are fun if you like slinging the rear of your truck around. I was doing it this morning on the dew-covered streets. I had the truck going up the entrance ramp at a 30 degree angle to my direction of travel just by dumping the torque on at the right moment (in the middle of a left-hand turn). It's horribly dangerous and I don't suggest the practice to anyone at all (my lawyer made me write that). My tires will be replaced soon...but why not have fun with them first (hee hee).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

When I bought mine last month, the dealer told me it was only the 4th one they've sold. But it had only been in for a week, so I don't know why they didn't get more.

I haven't seen another CRD around here, either. And I've also noticed that women seem to be doing most of the Liberty driving and they think you're insulting them if you wave. I wonder if they think a wave is the same as coming on to them? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've seen one other CRD on the road, driven by a lady. It was one the way home in rush hour traffic and she was in the lane next to me. I took note of her CRD badge when I passed her, and I looked over but she wasn't looking my way. A second later my lane stopped and hers started moving. When she got up next to me, she started blowing the horn and waving like she'd found a long lost friend. :D

82 300D Euro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:31 pm 
LOST Junkie

valkraider,
Another person from the rainy side of God's country. I live across the Big C from you. Most of the dealers I talked to had sold between 3 and 5 '05 CRDs. The others I've seen were in the Gresham area where I work, between Hwy 84 @ 181st and Troutdale.