It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:09 pm 
LOST Addict

Ricky5 wrote:
I won't see any issues then if that's the case. I actually let mine sit for a minute or more before I take off. Being in cold weather I let it sit even longer in some cases.
Did you have the dipstick sealed?

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:59 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'll probably do that myself once I get under it to do the first oil change. Have to look at it first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:10 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hi,

Somewhat new to the forums, and definitely enjoy reading all the helpful information. I drove from NJ to Michigan for the holiday, and sure enough at 5k miles my CRD started to shudder while doing 65 on cruise control while coasting down a large hill. I fall into the category for this TSB, and have set my appt for this Monday to have completed. They basically said "no problem".

I also have had the early morning, cold engine transmission binding after driving a short distance then stopping. Hoping this TSB will resolve that issue as well, gets scary when sitting at a traffic signal and truck lurches forward....

Thanks,
John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well, no luck today. Took the TSB in with me, gave them the transmission number and after "looking" at it all day they said they could not replicate the problem and cannot do anything until they do. Some 5 star dealership....

If anyone in the NJ area knows a good Jeep dealer who will do what oldnavy accomplished, please let me know. This is frustrating....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:36 am 
LOST Addict

CRD4ME wrote:
Well, no luck today. Took the TSB in with me, gave them the transmission number and after "looking" at it all day they said they could not replicate the problem and cannot do anything until they do. Some 5 star dealership....

If anyone in the NJ area knows a good Jeep dealer who will do what oldnavy accomplished, please let me know. This is frustrating....
Very poor quaility dealership? Nothing is said about replicating the problem in the TSB, just to do the replacement.

Some dealerships are so afraid or have such a dislike of warranty work that they will create much ill will just trying to avoid the needed work. Although I must admit that I've seen a lot of it done from just shear stupidity. Years ago a guy brought in a new Ford to our Dodge dealership that was having the grabbing shudder problems when trying to stop. He was trying to get out of town to another dealership about 30 miles from here but the PU acted so bad that he stopped by us on the way out of town. We added 4 qts of trans fluid to his PU and it seemed to be fine. It didn't have any leaks and we sent him off to the out of town Ford dealer with words of advice about not going back were he bought the PU just weeks before. He was back next the spring and bought a new Dodge PU from us and he still drives MOPAR.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I completely agree. I told them exactly the same thing, but they wouldn't budge. How difficult is it to do this TSB...maybe it takes an hour, but definitely less time than having the mechanic drive my truck all morning trying to simulate the issue. Frustrating...

That's okay, I will keep searching for a dealer who lives up to its 5-star rating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:20 pm 
LOST Member

oldnavy wrote:
CRD4ME wrote:

Very poor quaility dealership? Nothing is said about replicating the problem in the TSB, just to do the replacement.

Some dealerships are so afraid or have such a dislike of warranty work that they will create much ill will just trying to avoid the needed work. Although I must admit that I've seen a lot of it done from just shear stupidity. Years ago a guy brought in a new Ford to our Dodge dealership that was having the grabbing shudder problems when trying to stop. He was trying to get out of town to another dealership about 30 miles from here but the PU acted so bad that he stopped by us on the way out of town. We added 4 qts of trans fluid to his PU and it seemed to be fine. It didn't have any leaks and we sent him off to the out of town Ford dealer with words of advice about not going back were he bought the PU just weeks before. He was back next the spring and bought a new Dodge PU from us and he still drives MOPAR.

Funny thing is that they probably charged DC for the labor on the TSB even though they didn't do a thing. I've seen that happen before....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:26 pm 
LOST Addict

Reggie wrote:
oldnavy wrote:
CRD4ME wrote:

Funny thing is that they probably charged DC for the labor on the TSB even though they didn't do a thing. I've seen that happen before....

Yeah, it happened to my wife. We haven't been back to that dealer since.

2005 Stone White KJ Limited CRD 4x4
Off-Road Pkg
Trac-Lok
Emu 790s/948s
Skyjacker H7088s rear/Bilsteins front
15x7 Black Rock Lobos/31x10.50 Firestones
GDE HOT Tune + TCM Tune
Euro TC
CB radio
Thrush Turbo muffler
AEM DryFlow filter