It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New CRD
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:43 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm new to this site, just found it last night, also new to KJ, mater of fact I'm still waiting for my new '06, I live in SoCal so we can't buy them here, I ordered mine from Marsh in Las Vegas, never even driven one, anything I should look for when I't finally arrives? I guess they are selling the doo doo out of those things, I ordered mine Sept 22, still not built, can't wait, I now own a one ton Dodge Cummins,I love diesels, only wish we could get them in Cal.

Post subject: how do you register it in CA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:32 am 
LOST Junkie

I thought you could only register the CRD in CA if it was used and had a minimum number of miles on it? You might post the process here as some California guys have been trying to figure out how to get a new CRD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:59 am 
LOST Member

Congrats on the purchase and the resourcefulness 8) In Socal it can be a bit "backward" about being forward.
First thing you notice is the noise, outside it sounds really nice and purposeful inside its chattery much like a london Cab but settles down on the move to a distant thrum.
The engine will be very tight so try not to thrash it for the first 500 miles then break it in gently. As a diesel it revs very low and at 60mph in top is turning at 1500rpm and she will still pull well at that so let her do her stuff
It takes about 5,000 miles before economy starts to get into it's stride so try not to be dissapointed if it seems poor.
The KJ is a superb drive and far superior to both previous gen Grand's I owned, I love mine to bits.

Good luck let us know how it goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:42 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks for the replys, from what I have been told, you have to register the diesel out of state for 1 year then can be registered in cal. I have relatives in vegas so will put their address on the jeep for the first year. Those of you in cal. contact Steve Broka at Jim Marsh Jeep 702-946-1000, real easy to deal with, got my Limited for $500 over dealer cost. Can't wait for the diesel savings now get about 16 mpg with my Dodge 1 ton.

Post subject: Cali registration
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:12 pm 
LOST Member

The rule is actually 7,500 miles before registration. Search through the board here - we've discussed this before. There are links to the DMV website in the threads.

I love my CRD. Vast improvement over my Wrangler, just wish it would come in a manual. So far the cops haven't hassled me w/ my Oklahoma plates - 4,200 miles on it so far!

As for things to do - just read everything on this forum! :)

Welcome to the Cali CRD club!

GDE Eco Tune and DPF delete
CB Engineering DPF delete pipe
EHM

Past (sold to Mountainman):
2005 Patriot Blue Liberty CRD Limited