It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Concept Vehicles at Lowes Motor Speedway
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:06 am 
LOST Addict

For any of you in the Charlotte NC area - this Sunday Nov 20th Freightliner has rented out Lowes Motor Speedway (still Charlotte Motor Speedway for those of us born and raised here) for an Employee Appreciation Day.

Besides all the other activities, they're going to have all of the vehicles made by DaimlerChrysler on display, and from what i understand, some available for a test ride around a closed track with a professional driver.

Also, they're supposedly going to have their Concept vehicles on display. I'm hoping this is going to include the Gladiator, the concept vehicle for the Scrambler, the new Jeep pickup that's supposed to start production next year, and which rumor has is going to use our favorite diesel powerplant as well.

Being a Freightliner employee and only 20 miles away, I'm planning on going to at least check out the concept vehicles.

If you're in the area and know someone that works for Freightliner, get ahold of them and see if they'd be willing to take you along.

If i see anything interesting, Jeep and diesel wise, I'll fill everyone in.

'05 Sport CRD Stone White
Provent CCV Filter/AT2525 Muffler
Stanadyne 30 u/Cat 2 u Fuel Filters
Fumoto Drain/Fleetguard LF3487 Oil filter
V6 Airbox/Amsoil EAA Air Filter
Suncoast TC/Shift Kit/Aux Cooler
Kennedy Lift Pump/Return Fuel Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:20 pm 
LOST Member

A buddy of mine at work (Kannapolis Fire Dept.) was over there and he said it was some of the coolest cars he had ever seen. I was hoping to get up there, but ended up having to work a double shift. I have seen most of the concepts in the car magazines, but I am sure it was much better in person.

I bet you have seen our Ladder truck in there(Freightliner) on more than 1 occasion or is that a different plant?

2005 Toyota Tundra V8 4X4 TRD (ebay baby!!)

1984 Jeep CJ7 (Toy)