It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sun Visor adjustment
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

The latch on the sun visor seems backwards to me. The C faces forward, so if you want to unlatch it, you have to pull the visor down in front of you so the body of it will clear the C, and then push it forward to unlatch. That seemed unnecessarily cumbersome to me.

Solution - I got out a Torx screwdriver bit and unscrewed the single screw holding the latch. I repositioned the latch so the C faces towards me and put the screw back in. Now a simple jerk towards the rear unlatches the visor, and it doesn't matter if the visor is up or down when you do it. The C seems to have plenty of holding power this way, but if it wears to the point where it gives out, it will be simple to put it back the way it was.

The latch is off-center so after repositioning the visor is held about an inch farther forward and doesn't fit as nicely into the contours of the headliner. I don't give a hoot about such things, so my litmus test was how my wife reacted. She's the asthetics half of the team. I didn't tell her about it nor that I did it until after she drove it to work one day. She said she'd noticed the improvement and liked it much better this way. No mention of the fit. That means it was perfect IMHO. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:15 pm 
LOST Member

Brilliant! I noticed this myself and wondered why they did that. It is a PITA to use but it hasn't bothered me enough to find a workaround - glad to hear it's simple - I'll add this to my list of stuff to do when I have some free time.

GDE Eco Tune and DPF delete
CB Engineering DPF delete pipe
EHM

Past (sold to Mountainman):
2005 Patriot Blue Liberty CRD Limited