It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:01 pm 
LOST Member

oldnavy wrote:
Yes the oil collecting and leaking is only problem you have in Europe with ULSD fuel. The Mann ProVent would prevent the collecting of the oil in the intake tubing or as it is called here in the State's the intercooler and requiring draining on occasion thus preventing oil leaking onto parking spot. :D

OK I am going to talk to my dealer re a pro-vent, however as I have a three year warranty on the Jeepand it still has 35 months to run, :lol: I may be onto a loser, still I am off for a cyber trawl on ebay and such to look for one. I am wondering if it will invalidate the warranty. Seems such a usefull little device all things considered,,,,
Sorry too though I was referring to the intercoole pipe where it comes from the Turbo to the inlet side on my old Merc engined Jeep it was like pressure bleed out of oil I was never able to figure out where it came from and the Service manager told me that it was "normal, they all do it".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:22 pm 
LOST Addict

oldnavy wrote:
Possible but look for the Caliber (replacement for Neon) to have a diesel engine in the US first, D/C has bought and taken partial delivery of the VW 130 hp turbo diesel PD engine for placement in both Caliber & PT for export to mainaly Europe, but US and Canada are still being decided on as when they will have them available and with VM or VW engines for US & Canada. D/C is looking at diesels for all lines of it cars & trucks in the US in the next 2 to 3 years. They are leaps and bounds ahead of the other mfg's, with the possiable exception of Toyota and Honda, who are hard on there heals but don't have the ability to hit the US & Canada market as quick or heavy as D/C does with VM, MB,and DD diesels ready to go for Euro4 and CARB markets.

When these new diesels with the particulate traps & ULSD hit the US, the biggest markets will be CA and the Eastern states that follow CARB.

Ye Gods, you mean the company I work for actually got something RIGHT for a change? Pardon me while I look out the window to see if there are any flying pigs going by. :lol:

'05 Sport CRD Stone White
Provent CCV Filter/AT2525 Muffler
Stanadyne 30 u/Cat 2 u Fuel Filters
Fumoto Drain/Fleetguard LF3487 Oil filter
V6 Airbox/Amsoil EAA Air Filter
Suncoast TC/Shift Kit/Aux Cooler
Kennedy Lift Pump/Return Fuel Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:48 pm 
LOST Member

Just to whet the appetite even more over here (Well in Germany actually) you can get a V8 CRD in the S class and SL too I believe, wouldn't that make a nice little rumble in a Jeep?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

oldnavy wrote:
retmil46 wrote:
I checked out the forums at allpar.com . If what i gathered is correct, the 2.8 L will get some upgrades from the MB V6, like a piezoelectric injector system that is fast enough to do 5 separate injections during the compression stroke. Basic idea seemed to be that the 2.8 L Upgraded in the Dakota will be around 200 hp and 330 ft/lbs torque.

I'm hoping this is going to be a domestic offering, and not just for export.

if we can get them here in the US, I'll let my parents have the Liberty and I'll buy myself a Dakota!!! :D
That sure might get me back to driving a PU truck. Love one in a 4dr, 4x4, Red, with automatic.

But there is also a lot of misinformation at Allpar and a lot of people who don't like the thought of MB & MOPAR mixing parts. :shock: :? :lol:

Since Bosch is supplying the piezoelectric injectors, the DD 2.8 CRD should have them soon enough. What a great upgrade kit that would make for current 2.8 CRD owners. 4 piezoelectric injectors, an ECM flash to take advantage of them and you're off. If only Mopar performance would bundle it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:21 pm 
LOST Addict

Since Bosch is supplying the piezoelectric injectors, the DD 2.8 CRD should have them soon enough. What a great upgrade kit that would make for current 2.8 CRD owners. 4 piezoelectric injectors, an ECM flash to take advantage of them and you're off. If only Mopar performance would bundle it..[/quote]

If Mopar doesn't do it, I'd imagine someone would do an aftermarket kit.

'05 Sport CRD Stone White
Provent CCV Filter/AT2525 Muffler
Stanadyne 30 u/Cat 2 u Fuel Filters
Fumoto Drain/Fleetguard LF3487 Oil filter
V6 Airbox/Amsoil EAA Air Filter
Suncoast TC/Shift Kit/Aux Cooler
Kennedy Lift Pump/Return Fuel Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:44 pm 
LOST Addict

The VM 3L V6 diesel (120hp & 368 ftlbs torque) I think has the piezoelectric injectors also, and that's probably the engine they will start using in the Ram 1/2 T PU and maybe use in the new big Jeep later if that thing sells. I think the MB 3L V6 engine will only show up in the LX platform cars, Grand Cherokee, Sprinter van and possibily the Pacifica. I think D/C is going to be using the VM for the rest of it's line, but time will tell. One of the reasons for using the MB V6 in the LX or high end units is it is quiter then the VM and has better mpg rating then the VM engines.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine