It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CRD Digi Tuner - Does anyone have one installed?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

For those CRD owners who are using the Digi-CR tuner, how do you like it so far? What is the mileage and power change with this tuner installed? Can you tell a difference in power at passing/high speed? I've been looking for a graph showing before/after hp/tq figures on the Liberty CRD with a Digi, but haven't found any.

Have they solved the issue where you couldn't set it above 8 without throwing a CEL?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

You have a link for this tuner?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ricky5 wrote:
You have a link for this tuner?

http://www.dieseltuning.com/index_eng.html

I recall a couple of Liberty owners who purchased their CRD's around the same time as I did (March 05) bought these. The early reports were fairly positive, with same mileage and better power. Downside was that they had to dial back to a 6 or 7 so as not to put the ECM into limp-home mode.

Have not heard anything about Liberty CRD owners experiences since then. I did hear from an employee of TST, concerning the EGT's - they were very high, some as high as 1300 F under full power. He thought the EGR system on the CRD was too agressive, overheating the exhaust gasses.

Post subject: Digi-CR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:40 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

No news sounds like bad news for this tuner... if anyone does have it installed, they don't seem to want to talk about it :-) Must not be a decent product.

Post subject: I bought it
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello

I bought the DIGI CR . I will have it on wednesday and i will give you some feedback soom

Jeep Liberty CRD Limited, Sirius, GPS, 6 cd changer, silver exterior and grey leather interior, heated seats, HID fog light, 4x4 select trac, Light bar, DiGi CR, trailer tow, Magnaflow muffler. Lots of torque lol.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2115081/1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:43 pm 
LOST Addict

To be honest, I haven't heard of anyone on the LOST forums trying the Digi-CR, might have been before I joined back in Sept.

As far as no news being bad news, that's hard to tell. Several owners said they had purchased another module, the Dr Performance Predator, and said they initially had good results, but none of them have posted anything for almost a month.

'05 Sport CRD Stone White
Provent CCV Filter/AT2525 Muffler
Stanadyne 30 u/Cat 2 u Fuel Filters
Fumoto Drain/Fleetguard LF3487 Oil filter
V6 Airbox/Amsoil EAA Air Filter
Suncoast TC/Shift Kit/Aux Cooler
Kennedy Lift Pump/Return Fuel Cooler

Post subject: Re: I bought it
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

milou_1968 wrote:
Hello

I bought the DIGI CR . I will have it on wednesday and i will give you some feedback soom

Thanks.

I'm especially interested if they have solved the issue with setting it to anything higher than 6 or 7 causing a CEL and putting the ECM into limp-home mode. I emailed them to ask if the Digi CR can obtain ~ 20% gain on 6 or 7 on the dial. Haven't heard back on that question yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi, This one does not have any adjustment on it . You must refer to a different module. I got this one from : http://www.dieseltuning.com/english/02p ... index.html and it gives you a safe increase of power or torque of:
196 hp and 353 lb

I will give you feed back on this module as soon as i get it. First i will install the Provent filter and then install the module and try it. I have just 5200 miles on my CRD

Jeep Liberty CRD Limited, Sirius, GPS, 6 cd changer, silver exterior and grey leather interior, heated seats, HID fog light, 4x4 select trac, Light bar, DiGi CR, trailer tow, Magnaflow muffler. Lots of torque lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi, This one does not have any adjustment on it . You must refer to a different module. I got this one from : http://www.dieseltuning.com/english/02p ... index.html and it gives you a safe increase of power or torque of:
196 hp and 353 lb

I will give you feed back on this module as soon as i get it. First i will install the Provent filter and then install the module and try it. I have just 5200 miles on my CRD

Post subject: Digi-CR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks. I have been in contact with the Canadian reps for the same product you mentioned. I asked about the settings, from 0 to F, 16 in all. It seems that they ship them on setting number 8 and recommend starting at that setting, letting the CRD ECU adjust gradually to the changed parameters, and then work your way up slowly, letting the ECU adjust to the changed parameters. They claim 20% is an easy gain, and depending on the vehicle, sometimes more.

I believe we are referring to the same tuner, but who knows, maybe they changed it. The only 2 CRD owners I know of with them spoke of the settings and having to dial them back to a lower setting. One I remember in particular, CC1999, had a CEL within a short time of installing it. Haven't heard from him since early spring. Perhaps they eliminated the settings on the CR model.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:11 pm 
LOST Member

I'm running this on my CRD. They reworked it and I haven't had any additional "limp mode" issues in quite a while, and I have >16K miles. I saw about 15% on the dyno. It definitely adds spunk.

Post subject: digi cr
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi, I just talked to the diesel tuning (joe) here is the answer he gave me in his email.

Yes the Digi CR has 16 settings which can be adusted. On your Liberty if you use the setting 6 or 7 you will be happy with it. If it is adjusted too high the throttle will not respond and then in that case simply turn it back one or two notches.

I hope this help you all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

boxhead wrote:
I'm running this on my CRD. They reworked it and I haven't had any additional "limp mode" issues in quite a while, and I have >16K miles. I saw about 15% on the dyno. It definitely adds spunk.

Details man!! We need details... don't leave me hanging with just "15% spunk." Where do you notice the power gain? Low, middle or high end? Passing power changed? Smoke output increase? Turbo lag the same, or reduced? What setting are you running on? What is the highest setting you can use without setting a CEL and producing excessive smoke? How about the noise level? Increase/decrease/same?

What happened when you installed yours to cause the CEL?

After all this time, would you buy it again today if you had to do it all over again?

Thanks

Ranger1

Post subject: received the digi cr this morning
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

hey :)
I just received the Digi CR this morning. I connected the little box to the plug and when for a ride. :P It is set on 8 from the factory and i have not touch the setting. The engine noise is the same. The turbo lag, well in my case, I think it was shorter but i noticed at first that the engine get to 3500 rpm really faster. I took the same road trip with and without it and notice the i had 1.5 gpm difference on the same trip ( from the overhead computer ) . Also if you drive with overdrive off and converter locked ( 45-75 ) it does really fly. The same in 5th gear you get really easy to 90 mph even with a hill. Over all, you don't feel a kick or a big difference but I think you just get at least 10 mph faster than you thought. The engine seam more alive and jump easier to the 3500 rpm.... I did not push it too much I have only 5,500 miles on it and i did not install the provent filter yet. I think to see a real difference, you should get two CRD ( stock and modify ) and see what happen.
I hope this help you guys.

Post subject: Re: received the digi cr this morning
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:57 am 
LOST Addict

milou_1968 wrote:
I just received the Digi CR this morning. I connected the little box to the plug and when for a ride. :P It is set on 8 from the factory and i have not touch the setting. The engine noise is the same. The turbo lag, well in my case, I think it was shorter but i noticed at first that the engine get to 3500 rpm really faster. I took the same road trip with and without it and notice the i had 1.5 gpm difference on the same trip ( from the overhead computer ) . Also if you drive with overdrive off and converter locked ( 45-75 ) it does really fly. The same in 5th gear you get really easy to 90 mph even with a hill. Over all, you don't feel a kick or a big difference but I think you just get at least 10 mph faster than you thought. The engine seam more alive and jump easier to the 3500 rpm.... I did not push it too much I have only 5,500 miles on it and i did not install the provent filter yet. I think to see a real difference, you should get two CRD ( stock and modify ) and see what happen.

Would definitely be interested in what you get for fuel mileage. And don't trust the overhead computer for this. These modules are modifying the computer signals - the same signals that the computer uses to compute fuel mileage. Practically everyone I've talked to that has tried one of these add-on modules, regardless of make or vehicle, says that it makes the overhead computer give, shall we say, "optimistic" readouts on fuel mileage. Do it the old fashioned way, miles driven/gallons into the tank.

would be a good idea to do this check anyway, to see if the module is throwing the overhead off, and by how much.

'05 Sport CRD Stone White
Provent CCV Filter/AT2525 Muffler
Stanadyne 30 u/Cat 2 u Fuel Filters
Fumoto Drain/Fleetguard LF3487 Oil filter
V6 Airbox/Amsoil EAA Air Filter
Suncoast TC/Shift Kit/Aux Cooler
Kennedy Lift Pump/Return Fuel Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:10 am 
LOST Newbie

hi
You are right. I will do when i refuel. so far with a full tank i do between 400 and 450 miles

Post subject: Re: received the digi cr this morning
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:02 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

milou_1968 wrote:

Thanks for the excellent description. The torque stats on that tuner are impressive - 353 ft-lbs on a 4cylinder. Nearly 200 hp. Oh yes! and what a coincidence, Christmas being right around the corner...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm a computer geek, never worked on cars, how easy is it to install this thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

If you can change a light bulb , then you can install it .... it is plug and play for real :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:17 am 
LOST Newbie

Sweeeeeeet.