It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Glow plug light picture needed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:04 am 
LOST Newbie

A couple weeks back my glow plugs stopped working resulting in extend crank times. The light on the dash no longer came on at all. I took it to my dealer who first told me there wasn't a problem, that the tech thought that the glow plugs should only come on below freezing...haha I told them to read the owners manual as it explained the glow plug and indicator light operation. The adviser then asked me what a glow plug light looks like! So to make a long story short, after fighting with them for a week and them replacing a cart load of components and rewiring something, now my glow plugs work but there still is no indicator light. Not feeling too good about this, I took it to 2 other Jeep dealers to have it checked out because I'm a little worried about what they "rewired" to get them to work. The first one wouldn't even look at it and the second one told me today that after checking it out, everything, including the glow plug light, is working correctly... I guess I'm blind because I still don't see any glow plug light! I did an instrument cluster test and the glow plug light does light up but not ever when just turning the key. Does anyone have a picture of their instrument cluster showing the glow plug light that I can print it out and show these idiots what its supposed to look like (I really need to get a camera!)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:52 am 
LOST Junkie

it is really hard to get a pic of the GP light... it only flashes most of the time cause the
GP are newer ceramic ones that heat up real fast then shut down... even below freezing
here i have only seen it on for 3 seconds at most.

there is a pic of the GP light in the owners maual

'05 Limited CRD Inferno Red Pearl Coat
Home made provent installed @ 35443, SEGR installed @ 35466, Fumoto valve @ 37500, trans and transfer case skid, In tank pump installed @ 43500, Suncoast TC & Transgo Shift Kit @ 44730, EGT, Boost, Trans temp gauges, Samco hoses, Rebuilt Trans w/ HD454RFE kit @ 56K, Inmotion Stage 2 @ 56K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:37 am 
LOST Junkie

hold down the trip-mileage-reset knob while turning on your ignition. Theres also a picture in the manual.

ORM&EHM with great success!
TJM T17 Bumper, 50W KC HID's