It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rear Snow Blades-Found!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:05 pm 
LOST Junkie

Finally, after 3 years of looking I found a source for the rear 11" wiper in a snow blade: Autozone. I think they are a national chain, but don't know about availability elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:12 pm 
LOST Addict

I just use the outside rear view mirror, the rear window covered is a good thing.

K&N, Samco Hoses, Michelin 245/70-16 LTX A/T2, Fumoto F-102, V-Force Muffler, Mopar, Hitch, Trailer Wiring, Skid Plates, Slush Mats, Rear Shelf, Predator Stage 1, Transgo, ORM & CodeReader, Facet 40109 Pump
"IT'S A DIESEL THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND"
Certified Services Auto & Truck Repair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I bought one this weekend myself. A couple of tips.

1) Let them install it as the adpaters that come with it will not work. They got an extra adapter out of their junk that worked though.
2) Don't expect it to clean the whole window. It misses the top center.

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:43 pm 
LOST Addict

I decided against the winter blades this time.....

I got those single piece big spring type that bosch and a few others make.

I will see how they do in the snow/ice, so far they make better contact than the regular blades do.

Wipers are cheap enough and make enough difference that you should really replace em about every 6 months. Get a new set for the winter, and a new one for the summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Yabbut Sam, we are talking the 11" kind. Hard to find except at dealer. I have been visiting Shucks and AutoZone for 3 years and this is the first time I found a rear blade, winter or summer style.

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:28 pm 
LOST Junkie

I got an 11" Bosch at NAPA, but they had to look it up in a separate manual and I happened to be at their main warehouse location, so it got grabbed from the distribution center in the next building. I am guessing a lot of regular locations would have to order it in for you.

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:41 pm 
LOST Addict

Yea, that rear 11" wiper is a REAL PIA to find around where I am. I looked everywhere and ended up at the dealer where I had to pay $10. kicking and screaming all the way.......and that was not even a snow blade like OP is refering to.

If I ever find it in a good snow blade I will get a couple of them and run them all year just to flaunt them.....just cause I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:24 pm 
LOST Junkie

Sir Sam wrote:
I decided against the winter blades this time.....

I got those single piece big spring type that bosch and a few others make.

I will see how they do in the snow/ice, so far they make better contact than the regular blades do.

Wipers are cheap enough and make enough difference that you should really replace em about every 6 months. Get a new set for the winter, and a new one for the summer.

i have them on my front and they are AWESOME.... ran them last winter in PA.... you will be impressed... about a year later and they are still wiping excellent.... if they get something froze to them just get it off and the streak will go away....

hell as a joke i had a hotdog frozen under mine on thanksgiving and it still cleared the snow when i took the hotdog out

'05 Limited CRD Inferno Red Pearl Coat
Home made provent installed @ 35443, SEGR installed @ 35466, Fumoto valve @ 37500, trans and transfer case skid, In tank pump installed @ 43500, Suncoast TC & Transgo Shift Kit @ 44730, EGT, Boost, Trans temp gauges, Samco hoses, Rebuilt Trans w/ HD454RFE kit @ 56K, Inmotion Stage 2 @ 56K

Post subject: You can get them here...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:09 am 
LOST Member

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/liberty/Je ... C6181.aspx ...they're OEM, but at least they'll drop them off at your front door. The price isn't terribly obscene.

I have to say that I've been mystified by the fact that the rear wiper requires a "special" adaptor. I replace my rear wiper last year with one from an auto store. I had to use the adapter from the wiper that was already on there. That assembly lasted about 1 month. The wiper blade came off during the huge rainstorm in Detroit last May.

Post subject: You can get them here...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:11 am 
LOST Member

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/liberty/Je ... C6181.aspx ...they're OEM, but at least they'll drop them off at your front door. The price isn't terribly obscene.

I have to say that I've been mystified by the fact that the rear wiper requires a "special" adaptor. I replaced my rear wiper earlier this year with one from an auto store. I had to use the adapter from the wiper that was already on there. That assembly lasted about 1 month. The wiper blade came off during the huge rainstorm in Detroit last May. My brother had my Jeep for a while and an O'Reilly's in KY was nice enough to take parts from couple different makes of blades and assemble something that's been willing to stay on it.