It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Timing Belt, Water Pump parts list
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:06 am 
LOST Newbie

I received one yesterday from a place in TX. fast shipping and everything. I ordered monday. now the rest of my parts still haven't shipped from mopar parts online. The customer service I would say is sub par to say the least. We will see if he keeps his word that the parts with be here tomorrow. tracking number says it should so I might retract that statement later on

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:05 am 
LOST Member

My local NAPA auto parts store said they can get the gates belt in 3 days it comes from Atlanta. $146.

2006 Liberty CRD -- Spare tire replaced with Veg tank, semi filter for veg, FPHE, Electric common rail line heater, fill vegetable oil tank every 3 days. ORM, EHM comes out in front of the passenger rear tire. Wife has new job and 20 mile round trip to work. I borrow her Jeep a lot and live in South Florida.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:56 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Gates-T336-Timing ... 925&sr=8-1) ca. $88 with overnight shipping.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:48 am 
LOST Member

irunmiles wrote:
There are several of us that are fast approaching, or are beyond the maintenance schedule for the timing belt change. It has been recommended that the tensioner pulley, idler pulleys, water pump, and thermostat be replaced at the same time. I've started a parts list to complete the tasks. I'd appreciate feedback on correctness (most current part numbers) and completeness (have I missed a gasket, etc). I don't want to tear into it and then realize that I have a wrong part or I'm missing something. So far, moparonlineparts.com has the best prices for the total list.

Timing belt 5142579aa
Tensioner pulley 5142798aa
Idler pulley (2) 5142573aa
Timing cover gasket 5066921aa
Water pump 5142985aa
Water pump O ring 5159019aa
Water pump gasket 4864575
Thermostat 5142601aa
Thermostat gasket 5066806aa

Thanks for the list !!
Just ordered the whole things from MOPAONLINEPARTS. total is 653.84$ ....because i doubled all the gaskets...
but for me i get 196$ additional for shipping to Europe... :?
Still a very good deal in comparison of local Swiss prices.... :rockon:

Airtex lift pump

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:44 am 
LOST Newbie

Well, I have hit a snag on ordering all the parts for the 100k mile maintenance because the shipping is outrageous! I live in Nevada and moparonlineparts.com wants over $140 shipping on $470 of parts (I ordered the timing belt separately). That is absolutely rediculous! So I tried Moparpartsamerica.com and they were $100 higher on the parts and still $108 shipping (I only live one state away). So now I think I am going to try my local Jeep dealership just to price compare because there shouldn't be any shipping with them.

I hate to say this, but I am starting to have a lot of buyer's remorse over this CRD because I am going to be into it about $3k in parts before I can even start thinking about new tires and a lift......I guess I should've just bought a diesel Excursion. Oh well.

If anybody has any other places to buy these parts for the 100k mile service, please let me know. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:22 am 
LOST Member

dc3655 wrote:
Well, I have hit a snag on ordering all the parts for the 100k mile maintenance because the shipping is outrageous! I live in Nevada and moparonlineparts.com wants over $140 shipping on $470 of parts (I ordered the timing belt separately). That is absolutely rediculous! So I tried Moparpartsamerica.com and they were $100 higher on the parts and still $108 shipping (I only live one state away). So now I think I am going to try my local Jeep dealership just to price compare because there shouldn't be any shipping with them.

I hate to say this, but I am starting to have a lot of buyer's remorse over this CRD because I am going to be into it about $3k in parts before I can even start thinking about new tires and a lift......I guess I should've just bought a diesel Excursion. Oh well.

If anybody has any other places to buy these parts for the 100k mile service, please let me know. Thanks.

I found the price surpringly high because the whole set (timing belt, gaskets, water pump, tensioners...) was ship to me for 190$ to Europe...
have you asked explicitely to get it shipped to you via USPS ? Maybe Mopaonlineparts quoted you via UPS, no?

Airtex lift pump

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:29 pm 
LOST Member

Howdy, I just received the timing belt and tensioners. I am agonising over whether to get the water pump now. Honestly it sounds like a pain to R&R. My Jeep is at 120,000 miles, it scares me to run it with a belt that is supposed to be replaced at 100,000 miles. The Jeep needs the fan clutch more than a water pump as far as I am concerned, but what do I know, I bought the Jeep with 115,000 miles. I love it and do not want the valves to smack the pistons, but the water pump? The way I see it if the water pump goes out I can shut off the engine and tow it back to the shop, and do the dreaded job, that is if the failure of the pump isn't catastrophic, and blow the head gasket. Am I being naive and asking for the big hurt?
Brian Rodgers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:53 am 
LOST Member

can't help you a lot on that one despite that most of the labor costs was for the water pump replacement in my case. (removal of the panel) . Is it 100% necessary ??....can't tell untill your pump dies and the gasket flies (...mmm almost poetry.. :SOMBRERO: )

I am glad to have done it. do not want to open the bay again to replace that pump.

Airtex lift pump

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:08 am 
LOST Member

Topan wrote:
can't help you a lot on that one despite that most of the labor costs was for the water pump replacement in my case. (removal of the panel) . Is it 100% necessary ??....can't tell untill your pump dies and the gasket flies (...mmm almost poetry.. :SOMBRERO: )

I am glad to have done it. do not want to open the bay again to replace that pump.

Indeed, poetry!
Is there a poll on user water pump failures?
Brian Rodgers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:21 pm 
LOST Member

I've been reading the book and it doesn't look like much more work to replace the water pump. I'll order it today.
Brian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:04 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi everybody.
I own a 2.8 CRD Liberty (actually in Italy from where I'm writing it is called "Cherokee"). It's four-year old and it has, more or less, 37K miles.
What's really bothering me is some kind of "chirping noise" I hear from under the hood.
After reading some posts around I thought it was the driving belt but as soon as I have been to my mechanic he proved me wrong because you could still hearing that "chirping noise" even without the drive belt on! The mechanic then sentenced it is the cam belt and I replied what the f.... after only 4 years and not even 40K miles?!?!
Now : am I right to change the cam belt already or that "chirping noise" I hear is something normal I shouldn't pay attention to?
My question comes from a video I watched on youtube (by lostjeeps.com) in which you see e fresh start up after the cam belt has been changed and, by listening to it carefully, I just hear the very same noise I'm talking about.
I'd really be thankful if somebody here could help me out here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:08 pm 
LOST Junkie

Check your alternator decoupler pulley.

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:14 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi, new here, but I thought I'd let you all know how my timing belt water pump change went this weekend on my 06 liberty crd with 104,000 miles.
took me the better part of a day (broken up into 3 days) but all went smoothly. I did purchase the special tools for the job and I still saved money over having someone else do the work.
when changing the water pump I would recommend removing the inner timing belt cover to gain very easy access to two of the wp nuts. also removing the air filter box, turbo hose and the heat shield on the manifold. as well as the viscous pump and the elbow bolted to the back of the wp.
I think the hardest part was removing the mechanical fan and shroud. incidentally I have left them off for now and will be installing an electric fan in its place.

a piece of 5/8 inch heater hose works really well to secure the timing belt to the crank sprocket, just put the belt in place around the sprocket holding it up then shove the tube between the sprocket and the bit of motor under it. also attach the tensioner last. route the belt around all the rest then work the tensioner in.

If any one should have any questions let me know, It will be fresh in my mind for at least a few hours.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:16 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi sapocrd,

Good to hear that the worst part is the fan removal. I am planning to change my TB and water pump as well and was just wondering how hard a time you had getting the cam sprockets off the shaft so the inner timing belt cover can come off. Once you remove the center bolt, did it just take a tap of a hand to break them loose? Or how did you remove them?

Thanks,
Craig

Michelin LTX2, Double Gauge Pod (Volt, Fuel Press)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

Craig, once you have the pins in place locking the cams in the right position undo the big bolt in center of sprockets, mine just came off. I think it is just a friction fit no key or anything. Good luck.
I also used the sprocket locking tool to hold them so I wouldn't stress the pins.
Read some stuff, here I think, about not doing the tensioner last because of its bolt. I think using an idle pully last would work just as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Idler pulley worked just fine on lgoodbar's TB swap a few weeks back. We tried putting the tensioner on last and backed out a helicoil that was apparently an OEM install and had to replace the helicoil, no big deal but did set us back about 1 hr for the parts store run.

Ran the TB over everything but the left, if I recall, idler; relaxed tension on the belt to the max using the tensioner; inserted idler bolt and got the belt started over idler; while keeping tension relaxed used the idler bolt to "pull" the idler into place behind the belt (went fairly easily); set tension; rotated the engine twice rechecked tension and that the belt was correctly seated on that idler. Engine fired right up and ran just fine.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:24 pm 
LOST Member

I am having trouble finding a water pump. Everyone i call is out of them. Doing the timing belt would like to do the water pump a same time. Any thoughts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:56 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi, not sure who you have checked out. I used moparonlineparts.com
water pump part #of 5142985AA
they were good at communicating with me when they thought a part was going to be delayed.
Goodluck

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

Having trouble with the water pump as well. Right now we have one located in Holland. When I talked to the local DCX dealer they told me that there were 90-some on national backorder with a release date from the supplier of 20 January and that release was only 70-some pumps and this was about two weeks ago.

Is this what others are finding as well, or do folks have them stashed away, or keeping their sources to themselves?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:21 pm 
LOST Member

whitedog wrote:
Having trouble with the water pump as well. Right now we have one located in Holland. When I talked to the local DCX dealer they told me that there were 90-some on national backorder with a release date from the supplier of 20 January and that release was only 70-some pumps and this was about two weeks ago.

Is this what others are finding as well, or do folks have them stashed away, or keeping their sources to themselves?

I have looked high and low no water pump in the Usa. I was told Dec 18 then the 30th now Jan 18.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next