It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No power, 3 codes, weird noise.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

The noise seems like it's coming from the rear end somewhere. it's a slight humming sound that comes and goes when I accelerate between 8-10mph. it's sudden and goes away just as suddenly. sounds fine at cruise

i also noticed that there was a big power loss. I have no idea if the two are connected. The check engine light was on anyways because of the ORM. I plugged the MAF back in and it didnt make a difference. it seems okay 1st through 3rd, but when it upshifts around 60 the power is immediately lost. I needed to almost floor it to make it up a steep hill at 65 on the highway. I went to Autozone and had the codes checked.

P0299: Boost in range low.
P0102: Manifold absolute pressure/ BARO or MAF/ VAF (vane air flow) sensor condition
P1250: Vacuum reservoir solenoid open circuit.

HELP!!! :|

Post subject: Re: No power, 3 codes, weird noise.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

big power loss and noise - sounds like a turbo hose - some of the splits have small initially so you have to check the length of the hoses - also the sound will match boost pressure which varies a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:35 pm 
LOST Addict

Could be your EGR pipe. Pull the heat shield and have look at the manifold attachment point.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:03 am 
LOST Junkie

If you have a fault for the vacuum reservoir, then the vacuum supply can't reach the VGT vacuum solenoid to properly move the vanes - this is why you'd have the P0299 as well. Both of these solenoids are located on the passenger side inner fender panel. Since you have an open circuit, it is either unplugged or the wiring broken.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:28 am 
LOST Newbie

it sounds like it's an air supply/delivery problem either before or after the turbo. I'll check the hoses and see if there are any loose wires on the selonoid. thanks for the input so far guys.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

would a split CAC hose cause the vacuum codes? I'm gonna pull the hoses off now and check them, I didnt see anything on a visual inspection as of yet. no loose wires on the selonoids.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:13 pm 
LOST Junkie

It could also be a failed solenoid as well, I have seen this before. If it would be the solenoid failed, you can just bypass the vacuum reservoir and connect the VGT vacuum modulator to the vacuum supply and you'll have boost control again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

I disconnected the CAC hoses and they were completely coated with oil. I went through half a roll of paper towels cleaning them out. is that excessive? once i hooked everything back up i took it for a ride. It seems to have a lot of it's power back, but it was still sluggish on the highway. Also, the CEL is still on. It's going to the dealership tomorrow morning, I'm still under warranty so I'm gonna let it be their problem. :?

This also means that I'll be without my Jeep for at least a week, probably more...