It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:37 pm 
LOST Member

I can't fill mine all the way up the neck. It starts dripping down the side of the fuel tank. I know this because my Biodiesel pump is VERY slow and the first time I tried to fill it up to the tip-top and heard liquid hitting concrete and noticed fuel running down the side of the fuel tank and dripping onto the ground.

GDE Eco Tune and DPF delete
CB Engineering DPF delete pipe
EHM

Past (sold to Mountainman):
2005 Patriot Blue Liberty CRD Limited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:01 pm 
LOST Member

Third fill up was yesterday and I put 19.2 gal in it. Fuel light came on about 10 miles previous to me filling up and my information display said 0 miles till empty. I'm still getting used to my CRD but really like it.

I put a little more fuel in after auto shut off; maybe a half gallon. I fill then wait for the foam to go down, fill then wait, etc. until I start freezing from the cold/wind.

Regarding premium fuel, I like to use Amoco/BP Premier diesel. It's relatively easy to find in my area. Amoco claims a 50 cetane rating on this stuff.

On my third tank I averaged 24.4 mpg...about 80% highway driving. Not bad and it'll get better.

Fumoto Oil Drain Valves (Oil Pan & Transfer Case)
V6 Airbox Mod
New Driveshaft, New EGR
2003 Wrangler Sport 4.0L, Bright Blue
2007 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4 Door, Red Rock Crystal Pearl WOW!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:56 pm 
LOST Addict

I have a BP nearby, I will check them out. I believe a little more than Hess but will be worth it if mileage is much better.

K&N, Samco Hoses, Michelin 245/70-16 LTX A/T2, Fumoto F-102, V-Force Muffler, Mopar, Hitch, Trailer Wiring, Skid Plates, Slush Mats, Rear Shelf, Predator Stage 1, Transgo, ORM & CodeReader, Facet 40109 Pump
"IT'S A DIESEL THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND"
Certified Services Auto & Truck Repair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:29 am 
KJbob wrote:
Third fill up was yesterday and I put 19.2 gal in it. Fuel light came on about 10 miles previous to me filling up and my information display said 0 miles till empty. I'm still getting used to my CRD but really like it.

I put a little more fuel in after auto shut off; maybe a half gallon. I fill then wait for the foam to go down, fill then wait, etc. until I start freezing from the cold/wind.

Regarding premium fuel, I like to use Amoco/BP Premier diesel. It's relatively easy to find in my area. Amoco claims a 50 cetane rating on this stuff.

On my third tank I averaged 24.4 mpg...about 80% highway driving. Not bad and it'll get better.

Just refilled again after my own 80-90% highway driving trip yesterday and painfully took an extra 10 minutes to make sure to squeeze the extra 1.5 gallons into the filler neck to make sure my calculations are somewhat accurate.

My previous tank full was 90% city driving for my worst mileage ever of 18mpg.

This time, 24mpg!!! And this is with the oversized tires in my signature!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:47 am 
LOST Member

BlackLibertyCRD wrote:
I have a BP nearby, I will check them out. I believe a little more than Hess but will be worth it if mileage is much better.

Amoco sells premier diesel, which is considered "premium diesel", and they also sell regular #2 diesel. Usually premier diesel will say "premier diesel" somewhere on the pump. If nothing else you can ask the manger what type of diesel they're selling. Sometimes they know, sometimes they don't.

Another question to ask when considering a different fueling spot is to ask how often they refill their tanks (the more often, like once a week or more, the better).

Good luck.

Fumoto Oil Drain Valves (Oil Pan & Transfer Case)
V6 Airbox Mod
New Driveshaft, New EGR
2003 Wrangler Sport 4.0L, Bright Blue
2007 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4 Door, Red Rock Crystal Pearl WOW!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:16 pm 
LOST Addict

KJbob wrote:
Another question to ask when considering a different fueling spot is to ask how often they refill their tanks (the more often, like once a week or more, the better).

Good luck.
This is a very important question when using biodiesl because it has a short shelf life. Bio fuel will not store like dino diesel does, water and things growing in the bio happens faster then in regular dino #2D fuel. This may be retmil46 real problem where he buys his biodiesel, not enough useage and it is getting old.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine