It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fuel Line Crimp Leak
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

On the fuel line from the fuel filter there is a crimped end connecting the hose to the metal fuel line.
Fuel is leaking from there.
How is that crimped connector easily removed?

'06 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD with: GDE Hot Flash and Tranny Flash, ehm, Cummins fuel pump, 3" Magnaflow muff, Moog K3199's, Skids, 225-75-16 10 ply, OME springs, Euro T/C, Shift kit, Trans cooler w/thermal bypass, Bigboy bkt, Samco CAC, Brake controller, Trans temp gauge, Al's Upper Arms

Post subject: Re: Fuel Line Crimp Leak
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:29 am 
LOST Addict

tubing cutter before the crimp

K&N, Samco Hoses, Michelin 245/70-16 LTX A/T2, Fumoto F-102, V-Force Muffler, Mopar, Hitch, Trailer Wiring, Skid Plates, Slush Mats, Rear Shelf, Predator Stage 1, Transgo, ORM & CodeReader, Facet 40109 Pump
"IT'S A DIESEL THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND"
Certified Services Auto & Truck Repair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:05 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If I'm reading this correctly your talking the line between the filter and the CP3 pump. If so things must be kept totally hospitol clean for the sake of your CP3 pump and wallet :BANANA:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:38 pm 
LOST Addict

Joe Romas wrote:
If I'm reading this correctly your talking the line between the filter and the CP3 pump. If so things must be kept totally hospitol clean for the sake of your CP3 pump and wallet :BANANA:

I remember when I did my fuel mod that the fuel line at the filter to the tank was crimped instead of a worm clamp. I know there is a worm clamp at the CP3 pump because on my CRD it was loose enough that the line swiveled and was wet there. That was before the lift pump and I thought I fixed the fuel problem without the lift pump. :ROTFL:

K&N, Samco Hoses, Michelin 245/70-16 LTX A/T2, Fumoto F-102, V-Force Muffler, Mopar, Hitch, Trailer Wiring, Skid Plates, Slush Mats, Rear Shelf, Predator Stage 1, Transgo, ORM & CodeReader, Facet 40109 Pump
"IT'S A DIESEL THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND"
Certified Services Auto & Truck Repair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:50 pm 
LOST Member

or are you talking about the line from the tank to the filter. as opposed to the one from the filter to the CP3?
do you have a picture?

-dkenny

all Biodiesel powered when its warm enough

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:33 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

BlackLibertyCRD wrote:
tubing cutter before the crimp

Bingo!
Thanks.
My brain must not be working too well. I recently bought a small tubing cutter for the lines to and from the transmission, never used it.

'06 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD with: GDE Hot Flash and Tranny Flash, ehm, Cummins fuel pump, 3" Magnaflow muff, Moog K3199's, Skids, 225-75-16 10 ply, OME springs, Euro T/C, Shift kit, Trans cooler w/thermal bypass, Bigboy bkt, Samco CAC, Brake controller, Trans temp gauge, Al's Upper Arms

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:36 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

dkenny wrote:
or are you talking about the line from the tank to the filter. as opposed to the one from the filter to the CP3?
do you have a picture?

-dkenny

No pics.
From the front of the filter, the far left fuel line. I have the in tank fuel pump so both sides of the fuel filter are under pressure.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:51 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I cut the crimped end of the fuel line and replaced the length of hose.
It still leaks. Turns out it is leaking from the head near the fuel line and dripping down the line.
New fuel filter head due next.