It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: VM Motori-Tests Revolutionary Fuel Economy Device
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:54 pm 
LOST Junkie

"One of the World's Leading Manufacturers of Diesel Engines, VM Motori Found that the dPollution Device Produced Significant Fuel Economy Improvement, Increased Power and Reduced Tailpipe Emissions"

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release ... 355555.htm

Now how did the product get that funny sounding name? Probably from its President, Rocco DiFruscia.
Here's an interesting story that mentions this innovator:

"As an example of the stern regard that the Canadian legal system holds for those who break Canada's laws, a Canadian Press Story from October 12th, 1997 described how Rocco DiFruscia of Thorold, Ontario was treated in court. DiFruscia was fined $4,000 for illegally selling wine to an undercover police officer. This was his third bootlegging conviction in as many years, and a 1995 fine of $2,500 fine still had not been paid. The police had confiscated 100,000 litres of wine, plus supplies and equipment, from DiFruscia's warehouse complex in April 1997. After pleading guilty and agreeing to pay his fines, the judge ordered that the 100,000 litres (worth at least $250,000) and the supplies be returned...."

http://www.mackenzieinstitute.com/1997/ ... cohol.html

Some more info on Rocco's involvement in pollution:
http://www.ert.gov.on.ca/files/DEC/O9436d1.pdf

And more of Rocco as President of Horizon Health International Corp. which has the market on enteric lactoferrin cornered:
http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Horizon_ ... tock_Split

A bit on Rocco's declining health (too much enteric lactoferrin?) and its effect on stock values:
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dpollu ... -26-833470

Rocco's spokeman is aptly named "Di Pumpo". Perhaps there's also a "Di Dumpo" in the firm.

Post subject: Re: VM Motori-Tests Revolutionary Fuel Economy Device
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:56 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Looks like more snake oil, and why do we need it? Diesels don't pollute the air, it is the politicians that are causing it. And what about global warming? Is that why I am freezing my arse off this spring?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:39 am 
LOST Member

Looks a little like a high tech version of the, magnets on the fuel line device back in the, "Olden Times". Remember those ? They had miracle powers also.

13 Edge Limited AWD

Last edited by truckbouy2 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:44 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
I love the smell of snake oil in the morning... Smells like fools parting from their money!

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:57 am 
LOST Newbie

There is no "miracle" behind it, but rather just exploiting the nature of particles with the use of magnetism. In graduate school I helped develop and analyze a system of platinum alloy nanoparticles that had magnetic properties. We were able to show that there was significant enhancement of hydrogen fuel cell (PEM-FC) performance.

The type of magnetism and orientation/location of the magnets will play a large roll in how effective this product he it touting really works.

The instructions are seriously too vauge and I doubt that he has had any electricity & magnetism theory to understand how to implement it to maximize it's usefulness. So in one respect he is a salesman akin to the snake-oil guys, but the concept is not new, just rebranded and attempting to implement it in another generation.

They could do some serious work with this, but I don't see the science being developed to any appreciable level yet.

Just bought this rig and plan to follow through with the original owners' build plan.
Follow the CRD Manual Swap_http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=57808
Follow the SFA Planning_http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=51372

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:29 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I wannaknow what happened to the bootleg wine the CEO was selling?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:23 pm 
LOST Addict

Seems like snake oil to me too but I would believe it if I seen more lab studies proving it works and that the science behind it was sound.

I want to know what happened to the wine too and if that was any good.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:02 pm 
LOST Junkie

More about Rocco:

"Landlord faces $430,000 fine after fatal fire
Difruscia found guilty of 37 Ontario Fire Code charges"

http://www.niagarathisweek.com/niagarat ... cle/183711

"Anti-aging Effects of Lactoferrin
Reactive Oxygen Species Promotes Aging

Aging is the accumulation of changes in organisms, such as the appearance of wrinkles and mottled skin. Oxygen and radical oxygen species are the key risk factors for aging. Molecular dioxygen (O2) is essential for cellular respiration in all aerobic organisms. In the mitochondria, oxygen is used to generate adenosine triphosphate (ATP) during oxidative phosphorylation. In the absence of oxygen supply, the individual suffers brain death within 5 minutes, and the heart stops beating within 10 to 20 minutes. Although oxygen is essential for energy production, its by-product is harmful to cells. During the process of mitochondrial energy production, a very low but significant amount of the hydroxyl radical (OH.) is produced. The hydroxyl radical is highly reactive, and it attacks any compound immediately after it is produced. "
http://www.foreveryoung-lactoferrin.com ... quest2.php

But wait! Not only does your skin look younger, Lactoferrin will also reduce your spare tire:
http://www.foreveryoung-lactoferrin.com ... abolic.php

From letter to shareholders:
" 1. Signed an agreement to supply 3,000 units of the dPollution Device to the association of tourist bus drivers in the Province of Lazio, Italy.
2. Received a Letter of Intent from the Suriname Ministry of Public Works and Directorate of Civil and Technical Works for the purchase of 1,000 units of the dPollution Device, based on successful product testing...

As you can see, 2011 is shaping up to be a momentous year for your company. We’re pleased at the advances we’re making on behalf of you, the company’s shareholders. The positive outcomes of our research and development and product verification efforts have substantially escalated demand for our product. Going forward, our objective as always is to achieve our stated goals efficiently and honestly and to take advantage of new opportunities as they arise

Yours truly,

Rocco Di Fruscia, President and Chief Executive Officer"
http://www.dpollution.com/index.php/new ... y-12-2011/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:12 pm 
LOST Member

truckbouy2 wrote:
Looks a little like a high tech version of the, magnets on the fuel line device back in the, "Olden Times". Remember those ? They had miracle powers also.

I had 3 cars all with those magentic devices on the fuel lines that were supposed to increase milage. Didn't make any difference "at all" on any of my 3 cars.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Not to be overly cynical or distrustfull or.... but this is a nice chat considering the date.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:17 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Ohhhh snap! Were we just punked?

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Last April 1st it was Navistar buying Jeep from Chrysler. :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Fuel cooler, Oil Separator, Progard 7
Gauges EGT Boost Trans Temp Oil Pres, Michelin LXT AT2 245 70 R16
7,000# Draw Tight hitch, PML EX Deep Trans Pan
Centrifuge, SunCoast, Transgo, RAM TCM, InMotion Stage 2
Wife's 99 TDI VW Beetle