It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: GDE Flash programmer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tonycrd wrote:
Got any prices for the 2.5?

We now run fuel pressure sensor 'fooling' boxes that cost $100 on E-bay...and they work fine.

Let's see...02-04...no MAF, no EGR, no FCV...should be easy? I dunno. Seems $450 for the flash is a bit high...

Tony,
I was skeptical about $450 for a flash too, but I love it.
I think there are more features in the flash than expected.
Far better than I hoped and for $450 I had very high hopes.
R

'06 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD with: GDE Hot Flash and Tranny Flash, ehm, Cummins fuel pump, 3" Magnaflow muff, Moog K3199's, Skids, 225-75-16 10 ply, OME springs, Euro T/C, Shift kit, Trans cooler w/thermal bypass, Bigboy bkt, Samco CAC, Brake controller, Trans temp gauge, Al's Upper Arms

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:07 pm 
LOST Junkie

I just ordered a programmer and eco tune yesterday. I am extremely excited. I like the idea of not messing with the ECU and being able to revert back to stock for the sake of California SMOG. I also need a Code reader, so I figured it was worth it. This programmer looks a lot like the one I used to have for my 2003 VW Jetta TDi that I had. It was able to read and clear codes as well as hold 2 tunes as well as the stock program.

RUNNING B100
Pic of my Jeep!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:05 am 
LOST Junkie

Also to put the cost of the tune into perspective (well, my perspective anyway), there is a company here called Vortex, who make exhausts - I am considering one of their exhausts when I can afford it; anyway, they also do a tune for the KJ (among others) which operates by reflashing the ECU. The cost is £650 plus tax at 17.5% (tax due to up to 20% within the next few months). So, $450 for a GDE Ecotune? Bit of a bargain I'd say! We also have a company called Tunit who produce tuning "boxes" which plug into the vehicle's system. Costs about the same (in sterling) as the GDE product, and I'm really not sure that Tunit has quite the same background as the GDE lads. This is why - when I am back in work and have cleared my debts, I'll be buying the programmer and the Ecotune (and the TCM tune as well :)) ). If I can afford it, and can find someone I can trust to do the installation, I will probably eventually go for the GDE turbo as well.

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Grabber At3 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;ARB diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; Airflow snorkel; Frontrunner roofrack; rock rails

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Wish you get back on your feet soon and clear things out Lancer. You have a goal so "stick on it" no matter what. :)

Samco/OME/Bilstein/JBA4.5/Mattech BTA Machined trans valve body
/BF rugged terrain 245/75/16 on MOAB

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:52 pm 
LOST Junkie

Thanks Oldskull, appreciate it:)

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Grabber At3 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;ARB diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; Airflow snorkel; Frontrunner roofrack; rock rails

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sounds like if you have the 2005 you had better wait a while on the flash tool. http://www.greendieselengineering.com/f ... 6.page#733

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

DOOOOO! :furious: Ho well this must be my "karma" Been bad lucked all the fracking week.... :banghead: Mea coulpa! :|

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:58 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

OldSkull wrote:
DOOOOO! :furious: Ho well this must be my "karma" Been bad lucked all the fracking week.... :banghead: Mea coulpa! :|

I thought your Jeep would look cooler then mine with a Skull and Cross Bones? 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

flman wrote:
I thought your Jeep would look cooler then mine with a Skull and Cross Bones? 8)

ROFLMAO! Go ahead turn the knife in my lethal wound "Bachi-bouzouk"!

I am going to set it on fire and like the phoenix he is going to reborn from is ashes! :goink:

Yo! Keith! You better resolve this soon I fell a little depress.. :dizzy: LMAO!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just find out the 05 use DRBIII and the 06 use wiTECH, StarMOBILE, & StarSCAN scanner.
Is this mean the ECU programming or hardware are not the same? Making me wonder can I install a 06 ECU in my 05? I will never find a use one here anyway G.....

Here the link for compatible vehicule diagnostic tool

http://akamai-public.dealerconnect.chrysler.com.edgesuite.net/en/downloads/files/VehicleDiagnosticToolRefChart.pdf

ImageImage

Last edited by OldSkull on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I thought Chrysler reflashed most of the ECUs a few years back to make that compatible with aftermarket scanners? We will have to wait for Joe Ramas to jump in, he is like a library on recall and TSB history.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

Any Chance on a Group Buy discount? I'd be game for a flash loaded with both eco and hot....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I receive today my Power gate programmer, I follow the instuction provide from GDE site but my unit never work with th PWGconsole program! AlienTech sell 5 kind of PWG here the list.

Powergate S - available with all protocols of communication, is permanently linked to the vehicle chosen.

Powergate M - available from version M01 to M12, is addressed to professional tuner only for programming vehicles of a certain brand.

Powergate R - allows reading and writing several vehicles of Ford Motor Company Group.

Powergate SL - has the same features as Powergate S, but has the SLAVE function in addiction.

Powergate ML - has the same features as Powergate M, but has the SLAVE function in addiction.

I maybe get a M or a S unit because he only work with the PWGpro program but PWGmaster work too! This is the first batch so s... happen and I don't mind because I manage to work with the pro version and already send my 1Mb file to Keith :-) G ...I forgot to ask for The ECO "torque " version DOOOO! Houston we have a problem... See ya....

PS: I forgot to tell you...again :banghead: Keith send me the new file so now the progammer work with 2006 and 2005 CRD! Yep he read my ECU no problemo! :)

EDIT: last update the programmer read my ECU but because I can use the PWGconsole the file dont get the extention Keith need to decode that file.....Now I'm fracking lost... :ALONE:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:20 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

flman wrote:
I thought Chrysler reflashed most of the ECUs a few years back to make that compatible with aftermarket scanners? We will have to wait for Joe Ramas to jump in, he is like a library on recall and TSB history.

Here you go :BANANA:
There was a early f37 type flash in June 06 that caused third party scanners to not work. I don't know how many got the flash, I did, but is neutered the CRD just like the later offocial F37 :dead:

This flash caused them to be out of EPA specs because of the third party thing. They issued F31, a recall not TSB, that corrected that problem.

The 06 model has security things besided the ESP that the 05 model year didn't. That's part of the differences in the ECM

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:01 am 
LOST Junkie

The only difference between the 05MY and 06MY software is the ESP software. Otherwise, they're identical.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:50 pm 
LOST Junkie

GDE: Any thoughts of using the diablo sport or diablo trinity tuner??? I already have the trinity tuner for my charger and it seems most mopar ppl use diablo for mopar.

- Mark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:38 pm 
LOST Addict

Our flash tool has been "bug" fixed and now works on the 2005 model year KJ CRD!! It always worked on the 2006 KJ. For overseas customers the flash tool also works on the 2007 KJ.

We are still testing the tool on other Jeep products including the JK, KA, RT and KK for overseas customers. Hopefully in the coming weeks those applications will be finalized.

Thanks for your patience!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:14 am 
LOST Member

So forgive my slowness.... I have a 3/06 build date '06 Limited. Can I EcoTune and TCM tune with a stock TC?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:12 pm 
LOST Addict

There are a couple customers running the ECO tune and trans tune on Stock TCs. I have not heard any issues thus far. The trans tune should be fine with stock TC as it will still initiate 'unlock' at similar torque levels as stock, so the TC should not be more prevalent to shudder, unless the TC is already weak. We can not 100% guarantee no issues as all the validation work was completed with the "Euro" spec TC from Mopar. Certainly no concerns if running an aftermarket TC. If you notice a problem down teh road, we can always put it back to original.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:29 pm 
LOST Addict

GreenDieselEngineering wrote:
Our flash tool has been "bug" fixed and now works on the 2005 model year KJ CRD!! It always worked on the 2006 KJ. For overseas customers the flash tool also works on the 2007 KJ.

We are still testing the tool on other Jeep products including the JK, KA, RT and KK for overseas customers. Hopefully in the coming weeks those applications will be finalized.

Thanks for your patience!!

Looking forward to that 2002 2.5 CRD Manual one to come to Australia :D

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"