It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: GDE Flash programmer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:21 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

CIMARRON13 wrote:
GreenDieselEngineering wrote:
The unit requires a PC connection for the software interface.

One of the few downfalls to owning Macs is things like this. I should really buy a cheapo PC for such things.

If you have an extra Windows OS CD laying around, you can load it into bootcamp. That's what I do...

GDE Eco Tune, GDE TCM Tune, Bauer 203* Tstat, Amsoil EaA 201 Filter, Clean MAP, Samco CAC Hoses, Magnaflow Muffler #12226.
New Mopar Fuel Filter, K&N Filterminder, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
225/75R16 Hankook Dynapros

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:22 am 
LOST Member

Oh yeah, sign me up. I'd want to be able to flash between my purchased tune and stock anytime (Both downloaded on device). And end users should be able to get updates of GDE tunes and updates of the stock software as part of the original purchase. (Although I'm not expecting any stock upgrades in the future.)

'01 Dodge/Cummins - Work truck; Lots of mods

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

Sign me up! You should really make this a top priority for your tec guys! I have a diablo sport for my f250 and love the ability to switch back and forth between tow, performance, and stock tunes whenever I have the need. Whats surprising is how often I switch back and forth. Of course I rarely load the stock tune. Its garbage! Let us know if you need some testers!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well, I have a Laptop and a Liberty 2.8 CRD and I was going to send out my ECU for a Hot Flash to GDE on Monday.
Should I wait on this and buy a little gizmo to hook up my PC to the KJ via the world wide web (www) to GDE for
Hot Flashes?
I am kind of impatient here, been waiting for a while now for some tasty Hot licks, I mean, Hot Flashes for the CRD!!!

'06 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD with: GDE Hot Flash and Tranny Flash, ehm, Cummins fuel pump, 3" Magnaflow muff, Moog K3199's, Skids, 225-75-16 10 ply, OME springs, Euro T/C, Shift kit, Trans cooler w/thermal bypass, Bigboy bkt, Samco CAC, Brake controller, Trans temp gauge, Al's Upper Arms

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:58 pm 
LOST Junkie

Count me in as well. I just bought a KJ CRD and love it, but I also love to tune all my rides, but would never send in my ECU for programming. I cannot be without my Jeep for even a day. I've tuned my F250, and my TDi which is for sale. It just got replaced by the Jeep CRD.

RUNNING B100
Pic of my Jeep!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ebbnflow wrote:
Count me in as well. I just bought a KJ CRD and love it, but I also love to tune all my rides, but would never send in my ECU for programming. I cannot be without my Jeep for even a day. I've tuned my F250, and my TDi which is for sale. It just got replaced by the Jeep CRD.

You always have the option to get a tuned module from GDE and return your old one as a core.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:12 pm 
LOST Member

Oh yeah. One thing a programmer needs to be able to do. Change tire size to calibrate speedo. This could be especially important is one where to use bigger tires with GDEs TCM tune since it keeps the rpms low with stock line pressure. It could cause a "lugging" problem.

'01 Dodge/Cummins - Work truck; Lots of mods

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:54 pm 
LOST Addict

Unfortunately, the tire size and speedo are input into the cluster module and the ABS module and are not related to the engine controller we tune. The flash programmer is out of Europe and designed to flash engine controllers only at this time. The DRB is the only tool we are aware of that can change tire size and speedo. Are there other diagnostic tools on the market that has the same features as the DRB?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

dirtmover wrote:
What a stupid question :wink: of course we're interested.
LOL! My sentiments exactly.

'01 Beetle TDi B100, EGR delete
'83 Mercedes 240D B100, no EGR

--- SEGR Builder ---

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:25 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Thus far, I have been unable to find any programmer that duplicates all the functions of the DRB. The AutoEnginuity scanner comes close... But 99% of that is a look-but-no-touching kind of setup. What we need is something like Vag-Com for the VW. That software lets you root around in ANYTHING that the computer talks to, and you have an "adaptation" function where you can fiddle with almost everything.

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

What is and how much are the DRB's?
Does this connect to most new cars or has the standard changed.
Tech-L'ectronics change like an adolescent daughter's clothes, often and not cheap.

'06 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD with: GDE Hot Flash and Tranny Flash, ehm, Cummins fuel pump, 3" Magnaflow muff, Moog K3199's, Skids, 225-75-16 10 ply, OME springs, Euro T/C, Shift kit, Trans cooler w/thermal bypass, Bigboy bkt, Samco CAC, Brake controller, Trans temp gauge, Al's Upper Arms

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:27 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Your last line nails it very effectively - The standards have changed several times, and not cheaply.

The DRBIII sells for up to $6000, with several memory cards that add functionality for certain vehicles. To my knowledge, we do NOT need a separate memory card for the CRD KJ. The vehicles I have seen listed for the cards most often are the Sprinter vans, Crossfire, and Sebring convertible. Not sure why the convertible would have different computers than the hard top... But whatever.

There are several on flea-bay right now, and lots of accessories that I don't think we need any of. (stuff for specific tests that it can do)
I would be all over renting the thing from GDE if he had one to rent out, as the stuff I want to do / try like re-coding the BCM to turn on the TPMS display on my EVIC (Which IS tpms capable) won't take longer than a few hours at most. I don't need the thing for general scanning, I have a Scangauge AND the AutoEnginuity scanner for that - But neither one of those can play with the toys. Look-but-no-touching design.

Or... We could do a forum-group-buy for the thing, and maybe it lives with Darby or GDE when not being used? I'd be willing to toss in a few bucks for that, even being unemployed right now.

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am the proud owner of an ECO Tune, Count me in for 1. However, I would love to see a package discount for those of us who have not purchased the TCM program yet. Maybe something that includes a TCM reprogram and then the Programmer loaded with the Stock, ECO and HOT tunes.

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD
Euro Torque Converter
GDE EcoTune
2.5" MagnaFlow Muffler
Factory Tow Package
Factory Offroad Package

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I just mailed my ecu yesterday, I couldn't wait, but in the future I would want the programmer for sure!

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:57 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Id dig that. So I wont have to pull off my ECU and send it in. I like it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:08 am 
LOST Newbie

Count me in. I don't trust the dealer to load his latest and greatest while some service is being done and have to get you guys to reload the ECM.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:51 pm 
LOST Junkie

fastRob wrote:
What is and how much are the DRB's?
Does this connect to most new cars or has the standard changed.
Tech-L'ectronics change like an adolescent daughter's clothes, often and not cheap.

I believe the 05's use a DRB. I think the 06's need a Starscan......if I recall GMCTD's threads correctly. Just to confuse the situation.

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:49 pm 
LOST Junkie

The StarScan is used only for the ABS module on an '06 KJ: everything else is still handled by the DRB.

Reprogramming some options like disabling fog light drop-out with highbeams can be done, yet others like disabling TPMS if running tires without sensors, or otherwise changing the display is a SW function not a changable parameter.

Newer vehicles that are fully CAN-bus networked are much more flexible for changing options.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I would definitely be interested in a flash programmer. The primary reason I have not sent in my ECU is I don't want to take 3 days leave because the vehicle is down due to the ECU being out.

TJM Front Bumper w/ Warn XD9000
Suncoast TC, Boiler Radiator Skid, Boiler Roof Rack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

I would be interested in this too. What brand of flashtool would this be?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next