It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: GDE Flash programmer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:11 pm 
LOST Member

im interested too, just have to save up for all the parts, how long til you expect to release this?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:34 pm 
LOST Member

GreenDieselEngineering wrote:
The flash tool currently only works with the engine tunes. It will read the stock file, which is emailed to us, converted, then we email back an ECO tune or HOT tune or BOTH depending on what the customer wants. Then it is easy to swap between tunes and it reads/clears codes. There is no monitoring function unfortunately. The unit requires a PC connection for the software interface.

Once we source these units, the exchange option may disappear and just have several flash tools to ship to-from customers. The flash tool alone will be $350, +$450 for (1) tune, +$100 for second tune. Current customers would only need to buy the flash tool and we can provide a file of the stock tune.

Hopefully this service can help people looking for added flexibility.

How about an option for those of us who already own a tatrix cable and are well versed with ROMraider and OpenECU? I understand the propitiatory nature of your tunes, and can respect that, but I would prefer to use my cheap little lap-top which is already set up for in-vehicle tuning.

If not, I may be interested in the tool. Like others I am interested in trying out the hot-tune, but want the ability to go back to my full-tq eco if need be.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:38 pm 
LOST Member

a buddy of mine just started taking lesson on tuning, he spent thousands on all this software and an EFI live tuner and all, we were playing with it on his 2004 corvette Z06 all last weekend, trying different tunes and then reading all the results, i would love to learn all that stuff just to know it and try making my own tune, if people already had all the tuning software and the connectors could the tunes be sent over e-mail or something? instead of having to wait for things to get shipped?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:41 pm 
LOST Member

The EFI live stuff is completely different from anything else on the market. It started in the Corvette world and worked its way into the Duramax. Someone completely cracked the GM software code allowing you can completely write your own program EFI. So you have to know what your are doing. There are many programmers out there but none allow you to really write you own program. Most of the software engineers just find X files (such as timing or duration) and adjust the perimeters. With EFI, you can start from zero. You can forget that in the libby.

'01 Dodge/Cummins - Work truck; Lots of mods

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am picking up my 05 CRD tomorrow, and my first order of business was going to be a Eco tune, and a tranny tune. How soon will the flash tool be available? I have a laundry list of things to mod (all from lurking here!) and want to tune ASAP.

Purchased at 72,000 miles
Recent Services: Synthetic Oil, WIX Fuel filter, New rotors and breaks, cleaned EGR sensor, Monroe shocks F+R
Current Mileage: 75K+

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:26 pm 
LOST Addict

We have received the first batch of flash tools and our website should be updated to allow purchases sometime tomorrow evening. By Thursday this week we should be in business with customer flash capability. The benefit of the flash tool long term will be to have both the ECO tune and HOT tune on the tool so you can leave people in the dust when you want and have maximum fuel efficiency at other times. Also, having the capability to flash back to stock for dealer visits could be seen as a benefit...if a trip to the dealer cannot be avoided. We could prepare a "bug repellent" tune just in case someone want to smoke out their neighbor or tailgater...plenty of options!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:37 pm 
LOST Addict

Salden77,

We are using EFILive on our Duramax to develop a fuel economy tune. It is very easy to use, but not all the software algorithms are available through EFILive. For instance, the cruise control logic is not visible and it would be very nice to improve the cruise function on the Duramax. It would also be beneficial to change the vistronic fan logic to make it run less on the highway with A/C on for better fuel economy. That being said, it is the best tool on the market for tuning diesels (GM). This give GM products an advantage over other OEMs if the customer wants to make aftermarket changes to the vehicle. Too bad it will not allow changes on the fly, but that may have other liability concerns if you pushed the wrong button.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:37 pm 
LOST Member

im so in and from the sound of it mabee a group buy with tcm inclueded or a discount????

05 crd, old man emu, jeepin by al upper control arms, spider track wheel spacers, bf mud terrain t/a, full 3'' with a magnaflow exhaust,rocky road super sliders,skid row gas tank cover,surco roof rack with hella 500 lights,front hooks,b&m trans cooler!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

Is there a price yet for the GDE programmer that will be available tonorrow? :pepper: :pepper:

Purchased at 72,000 miles
Recent Services: Synthetic Oil, WIX Fuel filter, New rotors and breaks, cleaned EGR sensor, Monroe shocks F+R
Current Mileage: 75K+

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:23 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hi!

My CRD is stock and I hesitate between InMotion or GDE eco tune, living in Canada I prefer not shipping my ECU so I realy like to do it myself. To date only InMotion offert me this :

Option 1-the "do it your self" You use your Laptop and a loaner OBD flash tool they ship you.

Option 2- You paid $700 and they send you a hand held programmer, you "Reed" the ECU and E-Mail them , they send back your tune and you just reprogram your ECU with.

Now you offert the same service (Option 2) for $800?

Samco/OME/Bilstein/JBA4.5/Mattech BTA Machined trans valve body
/BF rugged terrain 245/75/16 on MOAB

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:00 am 
LOST Member

Salden77,

We are using EFILive on our Duramax to develop a fuel economy tune. It is very easy to use, but not all the software algorithms are available through EFILive. For instance, the cruise control logic is not visible and it would be very nice to improve the cruise function on the Duramax. It would also be beneficial to change the vistronic fan logic to make it run less on the highway with A/C on for better fuel economy. That being said, it is the best tool on the market for tuning diesels (GM). This give GM products an advantage over other OEMs if the customer wants to make aftermarket changes to the vehicle. Too bad it will not allow changes on the fly, but that may have other liability concerns if you pushed the wrong button.

Ye I had no idea about any of this til the past month when my buddy got all the equipment and started messing w different tunes on his Z06, I love learning about that kind of stuff, didn't know if there was anything like that for the crds,

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:41 am 
LOST Addict

OldSkull,

Option 2 that you mention is $750. $450 for our tune and $300 for the flash programmer. We will offer discounts for additional tunes if you want more than one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:40 am 
LOST Addict

Will the TCM tune be on the programmer too??

2005 Stone White KJ Limited CRD 4x4
Off-Road Pkg
Trac-Lok
Emu 790s/948s
Skyjacker H7088s rear/Bilsteins front
15x7 Black Rock Lobos/31x10.50 Firestones
GDE HOT Tune + TCM Tune
Euro TC
CB radio
Thrush Turbo muffler
AEM DryFlow filter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:05 am 
LOST Newbie

GDE
Checked your site - no any info about Flash programmer ...
Can you give more info - i`m very interesting in that device.
Many thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

OldSkull,

Option 2 that you mention is $750. $450 for our tune and $300 for the flash programmer. We will offer discounts for additional tunes if you want more than one.

Thank you for your fast answer.

"IF" the flash programmer can be use as a code reader (Like the InMotion unit) I will order one with the ECO tune only right now!

Later I maybe send you a spare TCU after getting feedback from one of your customers (We tow the same 3000 Pds camping trailer) With the stock TC I dont push my luck for the moment.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Looks like it is available now.

http://www.greendieselengineering.com/f ... t/112.page

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:12 pm 
Oilburner
Oilburner

Got any prices for the 2.5?

We now run fuel pressure sensor 'fooling' boxes that cost $100 on E-bay...and they work fine.

Let's see...02-04...no MAF, no EGR, no FCV...should be easy? I dunno. Seems $450 for the flash is a bit high...

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:12 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
This is a little off topic, but can the ECU be told what the acceptable range of data is from a sensor? I was thinking about this while playing with my scanner the other day, and noticed that when the ECU was receiving signal from the MAF of 3-4 volts, the engine seemed to run better. When the CRD feels "heavy" the MAF was reading lower, in the 2-volt range, and when it was disconnected or dropping signal, it was down at .1 volts.

So can the ECU be told that the range is actually 3.5-4.5 volts only, so it transposes the reading to a higher scale? Unlike many people here, I firmly believe that the ECU is using the MAF data more than just for the EGR function, and that my CRD performs WORSE with it unhooked than it does with it connected. Unfortunately the signal seems to be intermittent sometimes, which makes the performance spotty.

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Already order one! :) Paypal didn't confirm my address! Never happen before... :( Maybe they don't like the fact I don't let them take the money from my bank account anymore...I suggest you buy direct from GDE by phone, this way they dont loose money to paypal.

Now I'm like a kid waiting for is next saterday morning! Why? Because my mother use to give me a quarter and I run like a wild horse to the church basement to see 3 Disney movie in row! Yep for just a quarter! One of those memory moment making you smile :)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:08 pm 
LOST Junkie

OldSkull wrote:
Already order one! :) Paypal didn't confirm my address! Never happen before... :( Maybe they don't like the fact I don't let them take the money from my bank account anymore...I suggest you buy direct from GDE by phone, this way they dont loose money to paypal.

Now I'm like a kid waiting for is next saterday morning! Why? Because my mother use to give me a quarter and I run like a wild horse to the church basement to see 3 Disney movie in row! Yep for just a quarter! One of those memory moment making you smile :)

I hope it works out. Let us all know.

Build Date 1/05
200k miles.
Original Owner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next