It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Intermittent no crank/start
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:29 am 
LOST Newbie

What a coincidence on timing, that is my exact next variable.
That was yesterday's try in partial, but as with all 'experiments' I need at least one repeat, hopefully a half dozen to isolate the problem fully. I also had partial success getting it to start after that. This one variable at a time deal is not exactly the most efficient way to get things done, maybe the cheapest, but the latent headache is questionable. The temperature related symptom took me two weeks to interpolate as it was. I have a cooler, ice and some one-liter bottles of cold water that now travel with me. Again, when this '06 Jeep CRD acts like this, the outdoor temp is 80 degrees F or above, had just been running, shut off for at least 5 minutes, as much as 6.5 hours. I do park in shady spots as much as possible. It is the dark green color, might as well be black or blue! Imagine if I parked in the sun all the time, or not use my garage!

Also, I started bringing my infrared temperature sensor, and pointed it at both of those ECM devices one on each fender panel either side of the compartment. ON one day the unit on the left side of the vehicle was actually a bit warmer then the top of the engine. 156 verses 150, not good. That plastic cover is going to remain off from now on, as obviously it can't be an accurate temp measurement with the insulation on it. I don't need that thing on there, I know it is a 2.8L CRD !

Anyhow, I'll go a week with this tryout and see what it yields me. Of course the water is not going on to the electrical connection(s), I have enough sense to not do that. I'm not about to drop $400.oo on a new ECM for a vehicle with only 64K miles on it, however. Nothing under that hood is low cost.

Stay tuned,
Aaron, CO

:banghead:

Post subject: Re: Intermittent no crank/start
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

:shock:

I'm shocked, they were able to fix it. Between a hectic work schedule and a few running rounds with the extended warranty service I have an operable Jeep. That's why I haven't been online in well over a month!
It turns out that it was the ECU. However they replaced the skim module in order to talk to the new computer. The ignition switch wasn't replaced in so far as I know, and they kept it a whole week later than they said. So I had to go down and grab some tools while they were working on it, made them feel weird. Then when I got it back the push button keys wouldn't work, they still fit the ignition slot, but wouldn't start it or unlock the doors. So I had non automated key until a few days ago, when i returned to the dealership for the keys and the cruise control 'turned back on'.\

What an ordeal. The warranty service covered the cost, fortunately!

I be :JEEPIN: again.

The tire pressure sensor monitor was on the blink from the visit over a month ago, the one that left me without cruise and automated keys. Well via phone conversation I told them I wasn't paying to fix something that doesn't exist, and I'll just live with a flashy light. I don't have TPS on my vehicle it isn't a limited, but have the light in the instrument cluster, go figure. When I got down there they had fixed it anyhow, free of charge. Whichever, if I have one single problem with it before 100K and it will be gone. A vehicle with 65K miles shouldn't be this problematic.