It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spotted: 06 Limited For Sale NJ
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

We just took this Liberty in at my dealership. It is an 06 Limited with cloth seats no sunroof no hitch. I got to look at it quickly in the shop and it will need a timing belt new intercooler hoses and an intake hose at least.

Here it is:
http://www.lexusofroute10.com/VehicleDe ... 1733608293

Any questions that I can help you with to save a drive up here just ask.

Post subject: Re: Spotted: 06 Limited For Sale NJ
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:58 pm 
LOST Member

Wow, that is a good price; and no CEL :)

Here is one I saw on CL today. It's a 2005 that supposedly needs a new turbo for $9000 :-)r

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/2975052690.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

Nice, good heads up. Does that price factor in the work it needs? Besides the hoses, any other work necessary? Does it need work before it would be road trip ready? Any idea if the F37 'updates' were performed?

I wish it were a bit closer, that's a 9+ hour drive, and I'm looking to trade my 08 F-150. Quite a haul, not really practical, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:59 am 
LOST Newbie

nagata wrote:
Nice, good heads up. Does that price factor in the work it needs? Besides the hoses, any other work necessary? Does it need work before it would be road trip ready? Any idea if the F37 'updates' were performed?

I wish it were a bit closer, that's a 9+ hour drive, and I'm looking to trade my 08 F-150. Quite a haul, not really practical, unfortunately.

I can have a closer look at it for you if you'd like. I will try to drive it today and let you know. I'd assume that since it is an 06 that it had F37 from the factory but I can check that too. That price is ok but you would have to work out with them if it includes necessary repairs. I personally would shoot for a little less with no timing belt done, cloth seats no roof and no hitch.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

gtiguy1010 wrote:
I can have a closer look at it for you if you'd like. I will try to drive it today and let you know. I'd assume that since it is an 06 that it had F37 from the factory but I can check that too. That price is ok but you would have to work out with them if it includes necessary repairs. I personally would shoot for a little less with no timing belt done, cloth seats no roof and no hitch.

Thanks. If you have the chance to take it for a test drive, I'd certainly like to see your report on it, but again, it's far enough away that I'm not sure how feasible it would be to pursue.

That being said, I am still interested in some more info. The F37 question was stupid, I forgot that most 06s came from the factory with the changes. Any idea on the condition of other typical items, such as the air filter, fuel filter, fuel filter head (newer version?), transmission fluid, MAP sensor, etc? With no CEL & looking stock, I'm assuming the neither the ORM (unplugged MAF) or EHM hasn't been done?

I'm throwing out terms and references assuming that you're familiar with the CRD, which may be inaccurate, lol. Let me know if you're confused by the questions I'm asking.

Depending on what you find after looking at it more closely, I may be interested in talking to someone over the phone. I appreciate any info you can provide, and even if it doesn't ultimately help me, might help another member who's looking. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:19 pm 
LOST Member

nagata
I am driving a rental car from Reading Pa through Columbus next Tuesday May 01.

I am driving round trip to Long Island this Saturday with my son.

I can deliver if this CRD is for you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:30 am 
LOST Newbie

rjmaype wrote:
nagata
I am driving a rental car from Reading Pa through Columbus next Tuesday May 01.

I am driving round trip to Long Island this Saturday with my son.

I can deliver if this CRD is for you.

Thanks for the offer, and that would be VERY convenient, but unfortunately, I'm not in a position to make that scenario work out. I hope your trips go smoothly!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:37 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks. If you have the chance to take it for a test drive, I'd certainly like to see your report on it, but again, it's far enough away that I'm not sure how feasible it would be to pursue.

That being said, I am still interested in some more info. The F37 question was stupid, I forgot that most 06s came from the factory with the changes. Any idea on the condition of other typical items, such as the air filter, fuel filter, fuel filter head (newer version?), transmission fluid, MAP sensor, etc? With no CEL & looking stock, I'm assuming the neither the ORM (unplugged MAF) or EHM hasn't been done?

I'm throwing out terms and references assuming that you're familiar with the CRD, which may be inaccurate, lol. Let me know if you're confused by the questions I'm asking.

Depending on what you find after looking at it more closely, I may be interested in talking to someone over the phone. I appreciate any info you can provide, and even if it doesn't ultimately help me, might help another member who's looking. Thanks again.[/quote]

So I got to pull it into the shop to put it on a lift an give a check. No ORM or EHM has been done to this. That is why I would say the boost hoses feel like they will crumble soon. Also while underneath it I noticed a small amount of oil coming down the passenger side of the engine which looks to be coming from the intake hose. I did not pull the map sensor as I had the sales department manager watching me do this stuff and I didn't want to push it. Trans fluid looks like it was changed recently though the level seemed slightly low. They couldn't give me a plate to get it out on the road yesterday as they were pretty busy but from driving it around the parking lot it seemed to run and drive ok. I would still like to get it on the road to get it fully warmed up to give you a better idea on overall driveability though.

I actually just purchased an 05 Limited about a month ago so I have been reading and observing on this site for almost 6 months now and annoyed the hell out of the salesman I bought mine from with all of my concerns about the one I bought. If there is anything more specific that you would like me to look for or listen for I can try to do that for you since you are so far away.

Edit: Also on the fuel filter it looks like its been there for a while so if it were me I'd change it because of not know what mileage is on it or how long til it needs one. I have to look at it again to tell you which fuel head is on there because I forgot to look at it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:13 am 
LOST Newbie

gtiguy, thank you VERY much for all the detailed info. I had a feeling that Liberty CRD wouldn't last long, the price was just too good.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

It's no problem just trying to help since you are so far away.

A little update, I just got into work today a little early with plans to drive it and someone is here possibly purchasing it.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:55 am 
LOST Newbie

Yup it is sold. Someone from virginia picked it up yesterday.