It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone know of any CRD techs in Los Angeles?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:51 am 
LOST Member

Hi There,

Seeing as how I'm a happy new owner, I'm curious to see if there are any good shops out there that can help me keep things running tip-top.

-p

Post subject: Re: Anyone know of any CRD techs in Los Angeles?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Since the Acid Head Hippies of CARB did not bless the Jeep Dealers selling your rig as new. Look for an independent shop that services Sprinters and Dodge Ram Cummins. These guys will be smarter and know a lot more than any Jeep dealer when it comes to a CRD. If you can't find a listing for these guys, go the next rung up and look for a shop that services Diesel Injection pumps and Turbochargers, chances are they would be happy to send business to the shops they service and that would weed out the Dumb @$$es who don't know what they are doing or don't pay their bills. For some strange reason, shops and other companies (Like Chrysler I suspect) that don't pay their bills have trouble ordering and getting parts.
For any enhanced engine related mods that you can't do your self or under Arnold's watch, you may want to check out some places in Nevada or Arizonan.

Better yet, get a set of expired Mexican License plates, learn a few incoherent words in Spanish and don't worry about it, they are afraid to enforce the law. Besides, what would they do to a US Citizen for impersonating an ILLEGAL? :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Fuel cooler, Oil Separator, Progard 7
Gauges EGT Boost Trans Temp Oil Pres, Michelin LXT AT2 245 70 R16
7,000# Draw Tight hitch, PML EX Deep Trans Pan
Centrifuge, SunCoast, Transgo, RAM TCM, InMotion Stage 2
Wife's 99 TDI VW Beetle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:30 am 
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

warp2diesel wrote:
Since the Acid Head Hippies of CARB did not bless the Jeep Dealers selling your rig as new. Look for an independent shop that services Sprinters and Dodge Ram Cummins. These guys will be smarter and know a lot more than any Jeep dealer when it comes to a CRD. If you can't find a listing for these guys, go the next rung up and look for a shop that services Diesel Injection pumps and Turbochargers, chances are they would be happy to send business to the shops they service and that would weed out the Dumb @$$es who don't know what they are doing or don't pay their bills. For some strange reason, shops and other companies (Like Chrysler I suspect) that don't pay their bills have trouble ordering and getting parts.
For any enhanced engine related mods that you can't do your self or under Arnold's watch, you may want to check out some places in Nevada or Arizonan.

Better yet, get a set of expired Mexican License plates, learn a few incoherent words in Spanish and don't worry about it, they are afraid to enforce the law. Besides, what would they do to a US Citizen for impersonating an ILLEGAL? :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

In Arizona, you will get an all expenses paid trip to Me-he-ko.

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:54 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I am in Pasadena and I have a decent mechanic for non diesel work. When it comes time for the 100K mile service I expect to get it done in AZ. I have a sister I visit there so its not too much trouble for me. Don't know what I would do if my CRD needed emergency attention locally. A couple local dealers (Glendale & Alhambra) indicated they are ready & able to work on it but neither could say they have already done a timing belt on a Liberty CRD although they do have a diesel mechanic.