It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:54 pm 
LOST Member

No, the factory remote won't do that. Most aftermarket systems have the 'pitstop' feature. I was disappointed this system doesn't. It has few features for the money.

ORM, air filter mod, and less restrictive exhaust has increased my 'everyday' driving 3 mpg.

Post subject: Mopar Remote Start Delay
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:44 am 
LOST Newbie

I just picked up my '06 CRD, what a machine! One thing I found is that there is a 30 second delay on the mopar remote start. According to the manual, if installed on a gas motor it will give a 5 second delay before starting, but the diesel gets a full 30 second delay. As the CRD uses the rapid glow plugs and only requires 2 seconds of delay, does anyone know if or how the remote start can be programed to use the 5 second delay? I've got the CD of the shop manual on the way but doubt if it covers the remote start equipment.

2006 Liberty CRD Limited
161,000KM and going to new home soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:03 am 
LOST Addict

The delay is programmable according to the manual for the remote start. I have the PDF. I could email it to you if you like.

05 Limited CRD. Bought it new. 112k on the clock now.

GDE Eco-tune, rear differential drain plug (drilled and tapped the pumpkin), transmission pan drain plug, Fumoto oil valve, fuel filler neck restriction removed, front hitch, Hayden fan clutch, Sears P1 battery since 08, Mobil 1 5w40, 5 volt glow plugs, DIY timing belt at 109k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

That would be great! BTW - where did you find the PDF? Is it part of the shop manual? All I got with the vehicle was a 1 page pamphlet describing how to use the remote start.

2006 Liberty CRD Limited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:47 pm 
LOST Member

My factory remote start on the CRD only waits about 10 seconds so you should be able to change your's.

ORM, air filter mod, and less restrictive exhaust has increased my 'everyday' driving 3 mpg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:00 pm 
LOST Addict

I don't remember where I got the PDF. I don't have the remote start, but have been researching it. I don't think I can send an email attachment through the BB email. PM me with your email address and I'll send you the PDF.

GDE Eco-tune, rear differential drain plug (drilled and tapped the pumpkin), transmission pan drain plug, Fumoto oil valve, fuel filler neck restriction removed, front hitch, Hayden fan clutch, Sears P1 battery since 08, Mobil 1 5w40, 5 volt glow plugs, DIY timing belt at 109k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:42 am 
LOST Addict

Blue Heat-in german is Standheizungen(standing or still heater)-old technology and has been around for like 20 years. darn near every diesel car on any decent size has it. It is a dealer installed item and can be installed by any BOSCH dealer here. 99% of all commercial trucks have it. Mercedes Benz installs them on 99% of the trucks from the factory. http://www.drive-in-comfort.com/v_produ ... en.php?c=3 I sent for a info book on the 06 CRD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:34 am 
LOST Addict

Hey Inet_CRD your file is on it's way.

I dont have the remote start yet. I don't want it for the purpose of letting the engine idle 5 or 10 minutes at startup. I would use mine to start the vehicle as I walk up to it. Maybe a 30 second warm up to let oil pressure establish etc. What I would really like is if the remote start would allow for delayed shutdown for turbo cooldown. DC could easily develop firmware for the Mopar remote start that would let it do this. This would be applicable to the Dodge Cummins motors as well. I wonder where we could make an official request for this? Maybe aftermarket would be better anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:26 pm 
LOST Member

I'd like to see a turbo cooldown, too. One of the reasons I bought the factory remote start was I hoped a factory engineered system would have warmup, turbo cooldown, higher idle for extended idling, pitstop feature, etc. Unfortunately...it just starts the truck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey Goglio704 - Thanks for the docs, once I found the programming button everything was a breeze. The CRD starts now with only about a 3 second delay after ignition on.

One thing I did notice though, in response to the last post about a 'pit stop' feature is that the mopar control will only let the engine idle for either 10 or 15 minutes (configurable). I wonder if there might be some way to make use of that for a cool down timer without having to turn off the vehicle and restart it with the remote? Maybe one of the unused options in the programming could be used to allow a contact switch to be pressed and then allow removal of the key, start the timer, etc.

2006 Liberty CRD Limited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:33 pm 
LOST Addict

From the install instructions on the Mopar remote start I gather that one of the connections is for key detection. If the key is in the ignition the remote start is disabled. If I had one of these I would try disconnecting that wire and then see if pressing the remote start before removing the key would pass control back to the remote start. Because it interfaces with the tach I'm sure this unit is too smart to crank an engine that is already running. I assume you can shut the vehicle off with the remote? 10 minutes is too long for a turbo cooldown.