It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Green Diesel Engineering EcoTune
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:01 pm 
LOST Addict

Go with the Hot Tune or go home :wink:

I am running on my stock converter with a hot tune and do rarely get shudder, but not terrible. I am planning on going with a Ram TC since the stock one is ultra loose. With the hot tune I was averaging 28 to 29 mpgs based on the evic's which was pretty close to actual based on what I had hand calculated. I have seen as high as 36 mpg all highway but usually am 34 or 35. It has gone down to 25 or 26 mpg average since I got the 265/70 R16 duratracs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

20DDan wrote:
Anyone know where I can buy a used eco tune from? I recently became an 05 Jeep Liberty CRD owner and want to make it as efficient as possible.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not going to happen. GDE has put a lot of time, money, and energy into their product. Each tune is set for an individual vehicle, so it is not possible to buy one used. You can look into the Yeti tune if you want a cheaper option, but GDE seems to be the best product. In about 15,000 miles you'll have it paid off, which goes by quickly.

SunCoast Torque Converter
HDS Model 001 Thermostat
Weeks Stage 1
Mann Provent 200
Fumoto Oil Valve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

stoutdog wrote:
kadetklapp wrote:
So is it necessary to change the TC before doing the Eco tune? Was going to do this on gramp's CRD but not if it requires pulling the trans and buying a $400 converter...

For the Eco tune, it is not necessary. The HOT Tune is the one that requires a TC change.

There are three tunes: Eco tune, Full Torque Eco tune and the Hot tune.

You will need the Eco tune if you do not want to change the torque converter. Sure, people ignore what others say ALL the time and get away with it for a while but there is a reason Green Diesel went to the trouble of designing three different programs. And my tranny guy (who has a LOT of experience) has told me that the trans in the CRD is a rather marginal design anyways as the clutch packs are made of quite thin discs which have issues dissipating heat anyways.

Having said all that we did change out our T/C and got the full torque Eco tune and LOVE it! This is my gf's vehicle and she gets noticeably better mileage even when she does drive like I do (lots of right foot!) and really good mileage when she's easy on it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:49 pm 

The free tunes available on this forum are a great option if you want to save your money for other things! Great power and good fuel mileage with the right tune and you are totally in control... Many on here are running them with great success stories on both power and fuel mileage... :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:19 am 
LOST Member

WWDiesel wrote:
The free tunes available on this forum are a great option if you want to save your money for other things! Great power and good fuel mileage with the right tune and you are totally in control... Many on here are running them with great success stories on both power and fuel mileage... :wink:

Yeti over in Italy worked with me personally to get a tune set up for my 2006 CRD and I have been very happy with it. I have not yet replaced the torque converter and am dealing with some issues like an inline thermostat from the previous owner and an exhaust leak, but I am still able to get north of 30MPG when doing highway driving. Can't beat the $50 it cost me to get that customized tune!

2006 CRD Sport - Weeks kit, ARP studs, and DIY ECU flash
1985 CJ10 pickup
1985 CJ10A tug truck

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:17 am 
LOST Member

Keith is OK with me answered all my questions on NUMEROUS phone calls before I got my Eco Tune. Is it good for the environment dont really care. Will my Liberty now have a long happy life I believe so. Do I have more power yes. Better gas mileage A little so yes. Sound better yes. Cleaner oil yes. Do I love my tune YES. If you are so worried about the environment get a bicycle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:42 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Your vitriolic posting sounds extremely like trolling. What empirical and scientific evidence do you have to produce about the "increased pollution" that you claim, and what was your procedure for measuring the mileage? You cannot trust the handle at the pump, they are all different and the shut-off point varies greatly with temperature of the fuel and the level of foaming that it is capable of.

The only way to get an accurate fuel mileage is to fill the tank all the way to the top of the fuel neck, so you can see liquid fuel (not foam) sitting there above the baffle plate. Then use a GPS (because the odometer is not known to be accurate) and drive at least 100 miles. Then fill up again to the top of the neck so again you can see liquid fuel. Now divide the miles from the GPS by the fuel you just put in, and that is your number.

As far as the emissions claims - That sounds like pure armchair scientist bullshiit and without any numbers or even specific information to back up your claims - is just trolling. You will find yourself in the microscopic minority among this community, as just about everyone here either uses a GDE tune to much success, or is planning to get one at some point.

If saving the planet and making no emissions at all is your ultimate goal, I'm sure there is a place for you on the California Air Resource Board where they want everyone to have a catalytic converter on their weed whacker and lawn mower, and to use bicycles to get everywhere.

These lofty goals are unrealistic for anyone that lives in the real world, we want the best lifespan and fuel mileage possible while also NOT creating undue emissions because that wastes fuel and causes more emissions. The people at CARB and the EPA have never bothered to explain to normal logical thinking people how constantly decreasing the economy (burning MORE fuel) somehow creates less emissions.

Burning less fuel creates less emissions.

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:59 pm 
LOST Junkie

Ah now it's clear. You aren't smart enough to follow instructions and it's everyone else's fault. Go troll somewhere else. You won't get sympathy coming in here degrading gde.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:12 pm 
LOST Addict

Joshuarayborn wrote:
What they are doing is essentially what VW did to get in trouble. Rettttard.

Not exacly.

VW created a tune that detected when being run during an emissions test. The tune would then adjust to produce the lowest possible emissions. After the test and being driven on the roads it would then go back to "normal" mode.
All of this was hidden and not disclosed to the consumer or the emissions testing agencies.

The GDE tune runs the same under all conditions. Emissions test or not. They have also disclosed all the details of the tune for any potential buyer to read.
Apparently you didnt read any of it.

Are you sure you are mad at the right person?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:20 pm 
LOST Addict

Joshuarayborn wrote:
flash7210 wrote:
Joshuarayborn wrote:

Not exacly.

VW created a tune that detected when being run during an emissions test. The tune would then adjust to produce the lowest possible emissions. After the test and being driven on the roads it would then go back to "normal" mode.
All of this was hidden and not disclosed to the consumer or the emissions testing agencies.

The GDE tune runs the same under all conditions. Emissions test or not. They have also disclosed all the details of the tune for any potential buyer to read.

Are you sure you are mad at the right perosn?

It is the same because the tool allows you to upload the original tune prior to emissions testings.

Except there is no need for that. The GDE tune will pass emissions just fine all on its own.

If, after installing the GDE tune, you failed the emissions test, something else must be wrong with your engine.
And if it did fail, was it because of high particulate matter (PM) or oxides of nitrogen (NOX)?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:35 pm 
LOST Addict

Joshuarayborn wrote:

Sorry cant help you man.
Whatever problem you having with your vehicle cannot be helped because you refuse to listen.
You are blaming the wrong person.

But please keep firing off the insults, they are quite entertaining.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:32 pm 
LOST Addict

Hilarious.
I love it. :-)r

Seriously, who else misses the flintstones?
I know Im not the only one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:49 pm 
LOST Member

Joshuarayborn wrote:
No faygola, he just admits that he is a crook. His product failed and he is blaming me.

From here it sounds more like you're a fukwit that can't follow simple instructions.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

stoutdog wrote:
kadetklapp wrote:
So is it necessary to change the TC before doing the Eco tune? Was going to do this on gramp's CRD but not if it requires pulling the trans and buying a $400 converter...

For the Eco tune, it is not necessary. The HOT Tune is the one that requires a TC change.

Even if we had the F37 recall done? I'm planning on getting the Hot tune cause 200hp sounds and feels better personally. :)

EHM
Weeks Stage 1 and 2 EGR delete
Straight piped exhaust
35psi Boost Guage
Fumoto oil valve

2006 Dark Khaki KJ CRD Sport 4x4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:53 pm 
LOST Addict

This thread is hilarious.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:22 am 
LOST Member

:POPCORN: :POPCORN:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:16 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
KEITH

If I send you my VIN number and address, you can send me the eco-tune he doesn't want, and I'll be happy to test it for you for free.. :ROTFL:

Actually it sounds like the interface was correct. He missed the part where it said "remove tool from vehicle" and he didn't get out fast enough. :juggle:

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:13 am 
LOST Newbie

Joshuarayborn wrote:
flash7210 wrote:
Joshuarayborn wrote:

Not exacly.

Are you sure you are mad at the right person?

http://www.greendieselengineering.com/S ... ++++++++++

Show me where it says the product is for off road only.... Dummy

It says off road use only right here kind sir.

http://www.greendieselengineering.com/Returns.action

Quote:
POLICY AND WARRANTY INFORMATION

WARNING! THIS IS A HIGH PERFORMANCE PRODUCT. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

DISCLAIMER: Not legal for sale or use on any emission controlled motor vehicles. Legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used on a highway. For off-road racing use only.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:15 am 
LOST Junkie

PSA!!!!

DONT DO DRUGS EVERYONE