It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: auto lock door lock feature over ride?
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:12 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sir Sam - I assume you have power door locks and the "smart" key with the lock/unlock/etc buttons and I'm betting that when you go to let the dogs out the vehicle is in park and the engine is idling. Using the EVIC my CRD and, I believe stoutdog's, are programmed to lock all the doors at 15mph (NOTE that this feature can be turned off using the EVIC but I suspect that the rear gate still locks automatically) and to auto unlock all doors INCLUDING the rear one (NOTE this feature is only available if the 15mph autolock is turned on). What the owner's manual does not say is that the auto unlock only works if 1) the engine is shut down 2) the vehicle is in Park or Neutral and 3) that the vehicle initially reached 15mph and engaged the autolock feature. If 1) autolock never triggered or 2) the engine is running and the vehicle is in Park the auto unlock does not work hence the rear gate remains locked. As far as I can tell the power unlock button, at least in the driver's door panel, will unlock the rear gate regardless of whether or not the engine is running so long as the vehicle is in Park.

I could be mistaken but I think what you need to do is program the lock all doors at 15mph AND program auto unlock all doors. That way when you stop; turn the engine off; and open the drivers door the passenger doors and the rear door all should be unlocked. Alternatively flip the power unlock button in the driver's door panel and the rear gate should be unlocked.

Not simple but hopefully this helps. If you don't have power locks, I'd be surprised, and the "smart" key such that all doors, including the rear but possibly excluding rear passenger doors, have an external key holes then you may be out of luck.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:55 pm 
LOST Addict

papaindigo wrote:
Sir Sam - I assume you have power door locks and the "smart" key with the lock/unlock/etc buttons and I'm betting that when you go to let the dogs out the vehicle is in park and the engine is idling. Using the EVIC my CRD and, I believe stoutdog's, are programmed to lock all the doors at 15mph (NOTE that this feature can be turned off using the EVIC but I suspect that the rear gate still locks automatically) and to auto unlock all doors INCLUDING the rear one (NOTE this feature is only available if the 15mph autolock is turned on). .

Just last night I used the EVIC to turn off the auto lock about 15mph.

However the rear tailgate STILL locks no matter what.

The "unlock all doors" applies to the keyless entry, you can either set it to unlock the drivers door first, or all doors at once.

There is NO OPTION to keep the tailgate from automatically locking, and it pisses me off.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:26 pm 
LOST Member

I wonder if this would work?
its for a Dodge pickup

1. close all doors
2. place key in ign and cycle key off to on 4 times. Don't start engine.
3. press driver side power door lock switch to lock the doors within 30 seconds
4. you'll hear a single chime. Auto door lock is deactivated.
5. to enable, follow above steps.

-dkenny

all Biodiesel powered when its warm enough

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:25 am 
LOST Member

Has anybody figured out a new way to deactivate the autolock feature if one doesn't have the EIVC or is this info still our only option?
Thanks,

1998 XJ 4.0L, stock with 130,XXX miles

First Jeep: 1962 Willys CJ-3B

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

This annoying feature can be temporarily disabled for each start. When I hear the locks engage at 15mph I hit the unlock and they won't automatically lock until after the next start. Not perfect, but at least I don't have to dig my keys out and cuss every time I forget to unlock all the doors. Dealerships are reluctant to disable this "safety feature".