It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 667 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: What did you do to your CRD today?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:27 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

skates04 wrote:
Finshed the rock sliders and oxy cleaned the seats, worked quite well no more stains!

What kind of sliders, any pics?

CRD05il wrote:
Put a Roof rack on the little Diesel.

What kind of rack, any pics?

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:47 am 
LOST Newbie

Changed the motor mounts. Shook the old ones and they rattle like a can of spray paint. Like driving a new truck. Looseness and clatter gone. Who would engineer and sell motor mounts that crap out like these do? :dizzy:

Post subject: roof rack
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:10 am 
LOST Member

Been meaning to post some pics of my setup. I have a Yak Rocket Box (narrow) that leaves room for two bike mounts, or one bike and one kayak mount. I used Yak 'rail grab' towers to mount the crossbars.

There are pics of guys who fabricate mounts and crossbars. I had a bunch of Yakima stuff so I went that way.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=70292

Mine looks like dgeist. I've driven off-road, into a howling wind and my mileage isn't affected. I've got a faring in the shed I didn't mount because there is zero wind noise.

It's a good set-up.

Post subject: What did you do to your CRD today?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

GDE Eco Tune and cleaned off the MAP sensor (crudded up pretty solid at 48k miles) still could tell the shape of the sensor though, no amorphous blob yet.

Curious if there is any way to clean out the intake passages which I'm sure are crudded up as well, outside of pulling the intake off.

I've got an MBRP XP cat back but the NASCAR Race is on so I might wait on doing that. Maybe late tonight or tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

So far this week, I have spent almost $3000 to have my transmission rebuilt. Turns out that the last guy that was in there had an oopsie.. Also just replaced the Drivers side wheel hub and now I can hear the turbo whine again:)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:07 am 
LOST Newbie

Put the MBRP Exhaust on as well as the factory skids for trans and transfer case. Is it normal for the factory front "suspension" skid (that was on the car already) to be thinner than the trans and xfr case skids?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:13 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

BigfootHunter wrote:
Put the MBRP Exhaust on as well as the factory skids for trans and transfer case. Is it normal for the factory front "suspension" skid (that was on the car already) to be thinner than the trans and xfr case skids?

For our years yes, the earlier 02-04 ones where thicker IIRC.

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hmm, i don't suppose the thicker ones are still available then, are they? Looks like the previous owner had a run-in with something that put a pretty good dent in the suspension skid.

Also, I've been considering removing the center console to replace the transfer case position sensor, turns out the sensor was unplugged and I found the pigtail dangling over the front driveshaft :( looks like it wore though some of the insulation on those 2 wires. I'm guessing that it's not a replaceable section of the harness, so it looks like I'll have to try and salvage what's there. Hopefully $0.10 of electrical tape will get me up and going instead of a $50 switch. Silver lining? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:18 pm 
LOST Addict

You can replace the transfer case position sensor without removing the center console. But you might get lucky those pig tails are used on almost every jeep from 02-07 so if you got a scrap yard close you could source one cheaply.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:41 pm 
LOST Member

I think the factory skids are meant to be ornamental. I touch mine very lightly to the rock. . . and only when absolutely necessary.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yeah I am considering an upgrade for the front one, since it seems to be even less sturdy than the factory trans and xfer case skids. The transmission one specifically looks pretty dang beefy being double layered and all.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

Great stuff, thanks for sharing guys :)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

I unloaded a water slide tube off the top for me 2year old daughter, then took a couple wiffs inside to get a smell from the leather seats I installed last week. I went from stinky damp to new car camp with 10 bolts. :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:29 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I changed my fuel filter, after a few tanks of B99 I thought it was time to change it, even though it's only been on there about 15k.

I have also been messing with the Torque app, pretty nice :)

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

On the Limited, Change oil and oil filter, power flush brake fluid, replace rear brake pads.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:38 pm 
LOST Junkie

Changed the trans filters and filled her back up with fresh fluid. It's been around 55k since I last changed it. I used the wix filter kit, hoping to fix the check valve issue that turns our autos into manuals with out the clutch option!!

-05 Dark Khaki Limited CRD. GDE ECO tune. In-tank lift pump, Transgo doo doo kit, B&M trans cooler, replaced trans solenoid pack and filters, Newer Michelin tires, Timing belt with all related parts replaced at 110,000miles.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:47 am 
LOST Member

Put a new fuel filter head on the Jeep. Started up really easy too after.

You only love it if you change it!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:16 am 
LOST Addict

Finished a couple projects after a few nights working on the jeep:

Replaced both front shocks due to one leaking oil.
Upgraded from Al's gen III A-arms to gen 4.5.
Replaced lower clevis bushings.
Installed 4 Etecno metal glow plugs.
Deleted EGR cooling lines and the line that goes over the top front of the engine.
Deleted FCV.
Installed Goodrige stainless brake lines and flushed brake fluid.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:28 pm 
LOST Junkie

CATCRD wrote:
Finished a couple projects after a few nights working on the jeep:

Replaced both front shocks due to one leaking oil.
Upgraded from Al's gen III A-arms to gen 4.5.
Replaced lower clevis bushings.
Installed 4 Etecno metal glow plugs.
Deleted EGR cooling lines and the line that goes over the top front of the engine.
Deleted FCV.
Installed Goodrige stainless brake lines and flushed brake fluid.

Did you also delete the EGR or just disable it?

-05 Dark Khaki Limited CRD. GDE ECO tune. In-tank lift pump, Transgo doo doo kit, B&M trans cooler, replaced trans solenoid pack and filters, Newer Michelin tires, Timing belt with all related parts replaced at 110,000miles.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:10 pm 
LOST Addict

EGR is disabled via the GDE tune. I left the valve in place in case I want to do the BOV mod some day. I just deleted the coolant line going over the top front of the engine, and looped back the line on the EGR valve itself. Left it and the cooler full of coolant. Plugged the hole in the head. I'll post some pics in that other thread so we can talk about it there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 667 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 34  Next