It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 667 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: What did you do to your CRD today?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:47 am 
LOST Junkie

Do you have a part number for the diff cover?

05 Liberty Limited CRD, converted to KPA 2863 ball bearing and billet turbo, 50hp injectorsl, complete egr delete, cooling fan delete, weeks intake kit, cummins in tank lift pump, ARP studs, 3" turbo back exhaust, samcos, etecno plugs, GDE trans tune, custom GDE engine tune.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

I bought it from Summit Racing $189.99 back in April. Summit's stock number: GTA-40-2029-1ALB

G2 Axle & Gear 40-2029-1ALB - G2 Axle & Gear Differential Cover Kits

This version has the stud supports for the bearing caps and is powder coated black. The kit includes stainless socket head screws and a tube of black RTV silicone. However there were no instructions or install guide in the box. The rib/ring on the dipstick/plug was at the same level as the bottom of the rubber plug on the OE cover, sooo...

The bare G2 cover with no supports is less expensive.

2006 Inferno Red CRD, 267,000 km and counting. Mods: GDE Eco Tune, GDE Towing Tune, red Mishimoto boost hoses, G2 rear diff cover, home-brew ProVent, Hemi T/C, updated front pump, AFE deep 68RFE trans pan, curved LED light bar. More to come as time and finances allow...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:41 am 
LOST Member

In the last 2 weeks I replaced both outer tie rod ends, aligned, and put new tires on it. Sears auto did the alignment I did the tie rods. I had all 5 tires replaced with Hankook ATMs. I changed size to 235/75 R16. I've had these before on the last CRD and loved them. I think way better than the Firestone destination a/t just removed.

2005 Blue KJ Sport CRD, GDE, Magnaflow muffler, Destination AT, Amsoil filters, Fumoto, Timing belt and waterpump @ 99,600, 11 blade nylon fan, 2905 hayden fan clutch, EURO TC

Arguing about whether the glass is half full or half empty misses the point: the bartender cheated you.
Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

I did my own version of the EHM cleaned the MAP and also changed oil. Next week ecu is going out to inmotion tuning and exhaust is going to get tampered with catalytic converter is going to get gutted

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ASYMR, my KJ was tasered by the all-powerful, mostly-vengeful god of the Hebrews in AUG 2010 (dunno why, maybe some imagined slight in some past life) - fried the ECM with INMOTION II tune, melted the glowplug module, and completely discharged a new ULTIMA RED TOP battery (00.000v no hope of recharge fer 'at sucker!)- began a long search for replacement modules, and by SEPT 2011 I had found replacement ECM and TCM on eBay - KJ ran good after replacing the ECM, glow module and battery, so contacted KEITH at GDE for upgrades - $1050 later netted the GDE Hot tune and upgraded TCM - now, the performance was back, so I parked it for later discoveries - sometime last year the upset alarm sounded off with not even a squirrel within sight - reset the alarm only to have it resound again later in the week - did a scan to find many DTCs, but no comm with the other modules: TCM, BCM, ABS - engine wouldn't start due to low batt voltage, and a\c condensor fan was on high speed - recharged batt, engine started but rpm limited to 3000, and all the DANIN OPTIX instrumentation was hot, inoperable, and fried so put off resolution till later - battery continued to discharge so pulled it to keep on maintenance charge

Long story short (ha! too late fer that, you say?) I had been on seemingly eternal quest for replacement modules on eBay, so this month (AUGUST)I found a BCM, FCM, ABS unit, and AIRBAG module from an '05 KJ CRD, which I quickly acquired - several of the modules are specifically specific to the KJ CRD, so it was a serendipitous find - which brings us to what I did for the KJ today:

Being somewhat familiar with intranet computer communications and routers and stuff, and knowing that, because the KJ has separate Engine Control Module and Transmission Control Module, the KJ has it's very own router in the form of the FRONT CONTROL MODULE, or GATEWAY module, located beneath the battery, which functions to direct specific information on the busses to the correct modules - the ECU was the only module that responded to a scan, which could be any\all of the modules on the busses, but the FCM was most likely suspect - changed it out, scanned and cleared all DTC's but two: P0190 fuel pressure module high output and no load on glow plug module -
although P0190 results in the system being in limp-home mode with 3000rpm limit, a scan shows displayed fuel pressure (measured at the rail pressure sensor) = demand fuel pressure (which the ECM is calling for), around 6000psi at idle - a run around the block does not produce any other DTC's, and the failed FCM was not hot, nor had a distinct over-cooked odor, so at this point I do not suspect any of the other modules on the busses to be contributive - I do now have replacements for each just in case, tho..................

SEGR; Provent; Magnaflow;
Suncoast T\C, Transgo Tow'n'Go switch;
Cummins LP module, Fleetguard filter, Filterminder
2.5" Daystar f, OME r; Ranchos; K80767's, Al's lifted uppers
Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears
Four in a row really makes it go

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Changed front Wheel bearing/hubs (Okay Yesterday - cleaned up loose ends today)

136K on the originals - tech at the alignment shop said the right was going - so I changed both

although once I got everything apart - they didn't seem that bad - I did have the right brake disk dragging a bit -might have confused the issue.

installed SKF from Rock Auto - 'made in Canada'

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:33 pm 
LOST Junkie

gmctd wrote:
ASYMR, my KJ was tasered by the all-powerful, mostly-vengeful god of the Hebrews in AUG 2010 (dunno why, maybe some imagined slight in some past life) - fried the ECM with INMOTION II tune, melted the glowplug module, and completely discharged a new ULTIMA RED TOP battery (00.000v no hope of recharge fer 'at sucker!)- began a long search for replacement modules, and by SEPT 2011 I had found replacement ECM and TCM on eBay - KJ ran good after replacing the ECM, glow module and battery, so contacted KEITH at GDE for upgrades - $1050 later netted the GDE Hot tune and upgraded TCM - now, the performance was back, so I parked it for later discoveries - sometime last year the upset alarm sounded off with not even a squirrel within sight - reset the alarm only to have it resound again later in the week - did a scan to find many DTCs, but no comm with the other modules: TCM, BCM, ABS - engine wouldn't start due to low batt voltage, and a\c condensor fan was on high speed - recharged batt, engine started but rpm limited to 3000, and all the DANIN OPTIX instrumentation was hot, inoperable, and fried so put off resolution till later - battery continued to discharge so pulled it to keep on maintenance charge

Long story short (ha! too late fer that, you say?) I had been on seemingly eternal quest for replacement modules on eBay, so this month (AUGUST)I found a BCM, FCM, ABS unit, and AIRBAG module from an '05 KJ CRD, which I quickly acquired - several of the modules are specifically specific to the KJ CRD, so it was a serendipitous find - which brings us to what I did for the KJ today:

Being somewhat familiar with intranet computer communications and routers and stuff, and knowing that, because the KJ has separate Engine Control Module and Transmission Control Module, the KJ has it's very own router in the form of the FRONT CONTROL MODULE, or GATEWAY module, located beneath the battery, which functions to direct specific information on the busses to the correct modules - the ECU was the only module that responded to a scan, which could be any\all of the modules on the busses, but the FCM was most likely suspect - changed it out, scanned and cleared all DTC's but two: P0190 fuel pressure module high output and no load on glow plug module -
although P0190 results in the system being in limp-home mode with 3000rpm limit, a scan shows displayed fuel pressure (measured at the rail pressure sensor) = demand fuel pressure (which the ECM is calling for), around 6000psi at idle - a run around the block does not produce any other DTC's, and the failed FCM was not hot, nor had a distinct over-cooked odor, so at this point I do not suspect any of the other modules on the busses to be contributive - I do now have replacements for each just in case, tho..................

Hey.................................. Welcome Back! :mrgreen:

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:33 pm 
LOST Member

Ordered the CRD intake Elbow kit! Otherwise just looked at asking why you want more money than girlfriend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 am 
LOST Newbie

Took it to the dealer to have a new hitch under recall installed.
Picking it up tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:45 am 
LOST Member

Last night I replaced the first gen fuel head and installed an inline facet 4-7 psi lift pump. Today I will be cleaning up the tools in the garage.

I was having bad issues with air in fuel and saw the fuel heater was leaking. :shock: this should fix all for at least 10 minutes. :ROTFL:

2005 Blue KJ Sport CRD, GDE, Magnaflow muffler, Destination AT, Amsoil filters, Fumoto, Timing belt and waterpump @ 99,600, 11 blade nylon fan, 2905 hayden fan clutch, EURO TC

Arguing about whether the glass is half full or half empty misses the point: the bartender cheated you.
Unknown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:50 pm 
LOST Junkie

funnyman06 wrote:
Ordered the CRD intake Elbow kit!

Thank you for your business, good sir! :JEEPIN:

Supporting Vendor

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Duramax

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

picked up jeep from dealer
no new hitch just a new sticker telling me not to store stinger in receiver on the bottom side of the hitch
what a let down.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:24 pm 
LOST Member

Tom Plumb wrote:
picked up jeep from dealer
no new hitch just a new sticker telling me not to store stinger in receiver on the bottom side of the hitch
what a let down.

Did you already have a hitch?

Cummins Lift Pump
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
DIY Rebuilt Tranny Pump
Suncoast Torque Converter
2nd Generation Fuel Head
Sears P1 Battery
Hot Diesel Solutions Thermostat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yes already had a hitch
got an email saying parts were in schedule a time to have the work done.
I guess is passed cuz they did not install a new one just added the lame sticker on the bottom
where you cant even see it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:34 pm 
LOST Addict

Today I removed the front driveshaft in anticipation of a CV repair kit arriving this week.

What was weird was that at the point where the front joint bolts to the front diff, there was gear oil inside. And it was clean almost fresh gear oil.
Weird because I can't explain now the oil got in there and the last time I changed the front diff oil was over two years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:57 am 
LOST Addict

My CRD is running GREAT!

On sunday I replaced the glow plugs. All four came out clean with no issues.
Since I had to remove the fuel filter assembly, I went ahead and replaced it with the 2nd generation version. I didn't bother with the new fuel heater plug wiring since I dont plan on using the fuel heater.
With the new fuel head, I decided to just remove my Facet lift pump (which was mounted in the engine bay) and leave it off.
I also installed a small fuel cooler in the grille.

Weather has cooled off a lot here in N Florida so I'm sure that has helped too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

FYI - vehicles in warm temperate areas require lift pumps more than those in colder climes

Why?

Diesel fuel foams easily - the warmer the temperatures, the more easily it foams - foam is aeration - aerated Diesel fuel does not flow as easily in draw-type systems, where lift pump is on side of hot engine, or installed in engine bay - return fuel is usually near operating coolant temperatures, resulting in increased foaming as it splashes down in the fuel tank - thus the reasoning behind an oem-installed fuel-return cooler on some truck lines.

DODGE proved this thru many years of electric lift pump installation on side of CUMMINS engine block - after loss of many lift pumps and injection pumps, even from '02-'05 with the BOSCH CP3 CRD pump (as used in the KJ CRD), when they had a recall to replace the side-mounted lift pump with the in-tank lift pump which some have installed in the KJ - an across-the-counter upgrade kit was created for those CRD trucks out of warranty

Also FYI - the early CUMMINS engines were equipped with a cam-driven plunger-type lift pump which developed much greater vacuum on the inlet, making it suitable for a draw-type system which utilized steel fuel pipes, rubber hoses, and mechanical clamps, crimp or worm-screw type

The rotary gear-type lift pumps designed by CARTER were not suited for draw-type service, thus CARTER's instructions that the pump must be mounted close to the fuel tank - DODGE ignored this, mounting the pumps on the side of the engines, resulting in much lift-pump and VP44 injection pump failure

SEGR; Provent; Magnaflow;
Suncoast T\C, Transgo Tow'n'Go switch;
Cummins LP module, Fleetguard filter, Filterminder
2.5" Daystar f, OME r; Ranchos; K80767's, Al's lifted uppers
Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears
Four in a row really makes it go

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:18 pm 
LOST Addict

I'm sure I will put the lift pump back in at some point and when I do I will probably use a GM 6.5 type pump mounted close to the tank.
I just wanted to see how well it worked without it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:36 pm 
LOST Junkie

flash7210 wrote:
I'm sure I will put the lift pump back in at some point and when I do I will probably use a GM 6.5 type pump mounted close to the tank.
I just wanted to see how well it worked without it.

I ended up going with the Mopar pump but the 6.5 lift pump was my first choice

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 142,000 miles New engine 2-2014, Green Eco tune, FS2500 bypass filter Weeks elbow, European Torque converter, brakes front UCA's wheel bearing and front hubs. Front hitch OEM lift pump
98 K2500 Suburban 6.5td
96 K1500 " 6.5td
95 2 door Tahoe 6.5td
94 K3500 cc srw 5 speed 6.5td
91 International Model 6 speed spicer 4700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

Oil/Air/Fuel filters 'winter' tune up. Replaced both front brake hoses, after right one split/burst on Monday leaving very little braking power (fortunately no accident).

Check your brake hoses!!!
Simon
2006 CRD, with 214,000 km.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 667 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 34  Next