It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 667 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: What did you do to your CRD today?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:26 pm 
LOST Member

Maybe not today but this week,

Removed everything on the whole passenger side of engine, Thermostat, Turbo, Exhaust manifold, airbox.. Viscus Heater .. everything...

Removed everything on the front of the engine.. Fan, Cam Sprockets, tensioners, timing backing plate and water pump.

Now for the top/ drivers side.. Getting to the head gradually....

05 CRD Limited GDE Hot Tune, EuroTC, ARPs, Full EGR Del, IDParts Hoses, Etecno 7v GP, OME 790 Bilstein 916front, OME948 OME N132Lrear, JBA A-Arms, 245/75/16 Duratracs+Moabs, Renegade roof lights, Curt Front Hitch, BTF Kryptonite Diff, JCR Stage2 Rails, SkidRow Skids, HDS Tstat,

Sold 06 CRD Limited K&N, EHM, ORM, EuroTC, TransgoKit, Samcos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:30 pm 
LOST Member

Took it down to the rockers yesterday, Today the Head is coming off. I will eventually find the cause of my issues.

ARP Studs
New rockers + Valves
New #1 pistion and all connecting rods
New Crankshaft
Carter In-Tank Pump

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:58 pm 
LOST Addict

nothing

Its been in the shop for 3 days now... so far not found out why the ABS light comes on for Left Rear speed sensor. the sensors has been replaced and swapped to the other side wiring checked up to where it enters the body so far don't know :-(

Post subject: Installed inline fuel pumpRe: What did you do to your CRD to
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

I got tired of bleeding air out of the filter head so I installed a Facet POSI-FLO (60104) inline beside the battery box.
If it works, great! If not, I didn't cut anything factory so I can go back to original config and try for a rear inline or in the tank solution later.
Here's links to some video to check out the before and after https://youtu.be/Wi1Hl9MnDeY(I don't hear a difference) and just after including starting so you can hear a little pitter patter.https://youtu.be/x_F7VgceNj0

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

I did alot of cussing at the jeep, wife wouldn't come near me because of my mood. But in the process, I did manage to change out the passenger side front wheel hub. Wife's back to her normal self now:-)

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

200K+ miles. I changed out the timing belt, water pump, serpentine belt, and replaced all the valve rockers. Cleaned the gunk from the intake manifold, which was not too bad since it has been running with Provent and EGR delete for most of it's life. Replace the turbo inlet boot due to cracking (3rd time now). Turbo that was replaced at 80K miles now has a barely perceptible amount of play. I purchased a NAPA/GM plastic fan and clutch to replace the original but am going to run w/o a fan for now and monitor the temperature. I mostly commute and do little to no towing. Replace the Sasquatch inlet manifold boot just for insurance reasons. I let the original get oily and pop off a couple of time before getting it clean and properly connected, but replaced it anyway while I had the manifold off. Knock on wood, still running ok w/o a fuel tank lift pump.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nothing real exciting, just the 37K transmission service on the Sport.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:39 am 
LOST Addict

I removed My provent last night. it was leaking and making some mess.. I have had it on since 41K miles now at 113K do I really need it? I have GDE tune and Weeks stage 1 EGR delete.

also waiting for new ABS control module to come in.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:55 am 
LOST Addict

mikey1273 wrote:
I removed My provent last night. it was leaking and making some mess.. I have had it on since 41K miles now at 113K do I really need it? I have GDE tune and Weeks stage 1 EGR delete.

Where was it leaking from?
I have a drain line and valve attached to mine and drain it about every month or so.
Also, the filter should be periodically cleaned and/or replaced.

You dont absolutely need a Provent but it does help keep oil from accumulating in the intercooler.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:57 am 
LOST Member

mikey1273 wrote:
nothing

Its been in the shop for 3 days now... so far not found out why the ABS light comes on for Left Rear speed sensor. the sensors has been replaced and swapped to the other side wiring checked up to where it enters the body so far don't know :-(

Take a close look at the connector from the sensor. I had an intermittent ABS fault. All wiring checked out but driving over rough ground would cause the ABS light to come on. Broken wire on the loom side of the connector.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:30 pm 
LOST Addict

lacabrera wrote:
mikey1273 wrote:
nothing

Take a close look at the connector from the sensor. I had an intermittent ABS fault. All wiring checked out but driving over rough ground would cause the ABS light to come on. Broken wire on the loom side of the connector.

All the wiring checked out. seems the fault came and went at random, like if you drove over a rough road it might come on might not. On a smooth dry road the abs would activate and rumble my foot for no reason under moderate braking. the original fault was Left rear wheel sensor. that was replaced twice by the 1st shop who gave up. Now all 3 lights are on all the time and I had CEL U0415 - invalid data received from ABS control module. the 2nd place checked wires, tone ring and all. in looking at the readings for wheel speed the LR would show as increasing speed as you drove up to 35mph but when you slow down the other wheels indicate that but not LR, the computer thinks it still going faster than the other 3. Its diagnosed as the module and I think it makes sense.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:38 pm 
LOST Addict

flash7210 wrote:
mikey1273 wrote:

Where was it leaking from?
I have a drain line and valve attached to mine and drain it about every month or so.
Also, the filter should be periodically cleaned and/or replaced.

You dont absolutely need a Provent but it does help keep oil from accumulating in the intercooler.

Leaking at the drain hose where it connects to the bottom of the provent's body. I just had cheap vinyl reinforced hose on that and heater hoses for the line to the provent and back to the turbo inlet and those were swelling too. I would reinstall it if I could find better hose for the job and a valve at the drain sounds like a good idea. I had some brass plumbing fitting with a screw in stopper.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:31 pm 
LOST Member

I took my CRD to the Hungry Valley SVRA to test out my new Old Man Emu suspension.

A night and day difference to my stock suspension that had 90K miles on it….night and day. Wow. Super happy--1.5'' lift gives me a little extra clearance without changing my around-town driving characteristics at all. Really impressed.

Feeling good (knock on wood) since I got my timing belt replaced last month.

GDE Eco Tune & TCM @ 46K
Engine mounts replaced @ 55k/93k, Timing Belt @ 90k
Lift Pump @ 97k
OME Lift, 1.5''
Kenwood TM-V71 Ham Radio / Cobra C75WX CB
Surf Racks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:23 pm 
LOST Addict

Update the VNT control maps in my tune to run at 2400 mbar of boost out to redline.

Checked the PWM signal frequency that is sent to the vacuum control solenoid in preparation to swap over to an electronic vnt controller.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:05 am 
LOST Junkie

Now you are just showing off! :)

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Grabber At3 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;ARB diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; Airflow snorkel; Frontrunner roofrack; rock rails

Post subject: Re: Installed inline fuel pumpRe: What did you do to your CR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:31 pm 
LOST Member

1stepp wrote:
I got tired of bleeding air out of the filter head so I installed a Facet POSI-FLO (60104) inline beside the battery box.
If it works, great! If not, I didn't cut anything factory so I can go back to original config and try for a rear inline or in the tank solution later.
Here's links to some video to check out the before and after https://youtu.be/Wi1Hl9MnDeY(I don't hear a difference) and just after including starting so you can hear a little pitter patter.https://youtu.be/x_F7VgceNj0

Great little post. Love the photos and the video! Thanks for doing this. I'll be doing mine soon too!

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD Limited: GDE Eco Tune, Weeks Kit 1&2, Provent 200, P3 E-Brake Controller, Custom Rock Rails, Suspension & Arms (OME, ARB, Raybestos, Bilsteins, etc.), 11-Bladed Fan, HD-Fan-Clutch, HDS M-001 Thermo, Fan-shroud-mod, Sasquatch Turbo, Tires: BFG AT TA KO2 LT245/70R16 - load D, Carter In-Tank Lift Pump.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Gave me CRD a new occupation this winter.

https://web.tresorit.com/l/JbQXN#qe0J6jFY4xUvyz21flaRow

Geez, I have no idea how to post an image on this forum any more?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:51 am 
LOST Addict

Its been a long time since I have seen you post. Easiest way to post pic is to host it on another website. A free one is IMGUR then post a link to it on that website.

06 D Khaki Lim 126K wkII Eur TC
05 D khaki Lim 145k refurbishing
All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:45 pm 
LOST Junkie

Took the cover off the glow plug relay/controller to see if I could trick it. Didnt realize it was all electronic, no mechanical relay in it. I was going to see if I could put a supply voltage in it so that during cranking it would see say 9v. It looks like the spike signal is done electronically inside the controller and not from the main computer. I could still do what I wanted to but it would require supply to each individual GP lead.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:46 pm 
LOST Member

Took mine to the local Pull-A-Part today. They got a CRD in back around T-day and today was the first chance I've had to run out there.

Scored the radiator, intercooler and AC fan. Started to grab the AC condenser but didn't. Had hoped for the fan shroud but it was already MIA. Also grabbed the PCM.

Got the EVIC off a 2005 gasser, I think I've read where it will work? Bummer is it's got the sunroof controls which I don't need. For only $8.99 it's no big deal if it doesn't.

Was looking for skid plates too but no luck.

Motor is still there if somebody needs it? Looked complete, just missing the oil filter which I thought odd. Maybe took it off to get to the tranny?

Did I miss anything unique to the CRD that I should have grabbed?

1998 XJ 4.0L, stock with 130,XXX miles

First Jeep: 1962 Willys CJ-3B

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 667 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next