It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Most miles before timing belt change?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:15 pm 
LOST Addict

I've seen way more bad water pumps take out timing belts then the belts just breaking on there own.
I believe the crd belt is made with kevlar and rubber. If it isn't, it should be considering the cost.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:27 am 
LOST Addict

Alright back to the same old same old replace the timing belt on the normal interval as listed or replace the rockers, Rods, Valves. Me i am not chancing it either way i have all my parts collected to do a full timing belt change with the water pump. That way everything is covered and if the water pump goes early then chrysler gets to pay to have it all done. I mean i understand money is always a ? these days but you have to spend money to make it and in this case you have to spend it to keep it. Because these CRDs parts aren't cheap or easy to find on and not the best thing to take a chance on.

Last edited by audiboy86 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:29 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

audiboy86 wrote:
Alright back to the same old same old replace the timing belt on the normal interval as listed or replace the rockers, Rods, Vavles. Me i am not chancing it either way i have all my parts collected to do a full timing belt change with the water pump. That way everything is covered and if the water pump goes early then chrysler get to pay to have it all done. I mean i understand money is always a ? these days but you have to spend money to make it and in this case you have to spend it to keep it. Because these CRDs parrts aren't cheap or easy to work on and not the best thing to take a chance on.

If you supply the parts you get no warranty on parts or labor at any shop,you have to buy the parts from them and have them install to get any type of warranty.If the WP fails it may have a warranty from where you bought it but it does not include the labor to replace it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

My second timing belt has 129k miles on it and is seven (7) years old. This is way too much and I put it in a car hauler trailer to take it to my cousins garage 100 miles away. My advice is buy the best timing belt / kit you can find and change it before 100k miles. IDparts has a great deal on a quality timing belt kit. I found it too late and paid much more for my parts. Good Luck!

Dropped an exhaust valve at 205k - Trying to determine if it’s worth buying a replacement engine.