It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: In Line Lift Pump Suggestions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:27 am 
LOST Newbie

Well not so good. New Fuel head and filter and in line lift pump and its still flaming out on the highway.During priming no air. Besides the hoses above the tank what was else could cause this? The lines should be here on thursday. :furious:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:48 pm 
LOST Member

Herk wrote:
Well not so good. New Fuel head and filter and in line lift pump and its still flaming out on the highway.During priming no air. Besides the hoses above the tank what was else could cause this? The lines should be here on thursday. :furious:

Aw, man... what a place for a thread to die! :lol:

Putting in a lift pump soon. Had been planning on spending a lot (comparatively) of cash and time on the Kennedy, but was getting intrigued by the Facet reading this thread. Less than $70 and next to the battery (vs. under the vehicle and tying into the wire bundle under the driver's seat) sounds so much more convenient! Almost cheap and easy enough to give it a shot and not worry too much if it ended up not working and having to go the Kennedy route anyway. :)

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:48 pm 
LOST Member

kidjedi wrote:
Herk wrote:

Putting in a lift pump soon. Had been planning on spending a lot (comparatively) of cash and time on the Kennedy, but was getting intrigued by the Facet reading this thread. Less than $70 and next to the battery (vs. under the vehicle and tying into the wire bundle under the driver's seat) sounds so much more convenient! Almost cheap and easy enough to give it a shot and not worry too much if it ended up not working and having to go the Kennedy route anyway. :)

One of the weak point in the fuel path is the quick-connect connector near the tank. These connectors can ingest air under suction but not under compression. So any pump AFTER these connectors can still have air-in-the fuel issues if the air is entering from these connectors.

In tank pump install is not bad at all. I was able to do it in 4 hours. Read about my experience in the main thread: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=37868

2nd gen fuel head with 2nd stage 2 micron filter, in-tank lift pump, G2 Rear Diff Cover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:57 pm 
LOST Addict

pjigar wrote:
kidjedi wrote:
Herk wrote:

One of the weak point in the fuel path is the quick-connect connector near the tank. These connectors can ingest air under suction but not under compression. So any pump AFTER these connectors can still have air-in-the fuel issues if the air is entering from these connectors.

In tank pump install is not bad at all. I was able to do it in 4 hours. Read about my experience in the main thread: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=37868

Doesn't really matter as long as the fuel/air is pushed into the high pressure fuel pump by the Facet pump under the hood. Any bubbles will pass through unnoticed. Now a gross air leak of course will matter, but mine's been running with the stock fuel lines and a Facet under the hood for 8 years.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:18 am 
LOST Member

Doesn't really matter as long as the fuel/air is pushed into the high pressure fuel pump by the Facet pump under the hood. Any bubbles will pass through unnoticed. Now a gross air leak of course will matter, but mine's been running with the stock fuel lines and a Facet under the hood for 8 years.[/quote]

and to make sure I understand. The Facet goes inline BEFORE the Fuel Filter head? Meaning I plumb the Facet in series before the Fuel Filter head.

Gen 2 Fuel Head
GDE Eco Tune
ARP studs
Etechno (7v) Glow Plugs
F37
Kap 193 thermostat
Carter Lift Pump (Modified wiring harness)
Fumoto (CRD-108)
Bypass oil filter (2 micron)
Samco
Provent
Sears P-1 Battery
Secondary 2 micron fuel filter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:25 am 
LOST Junkie

Yes. You want the fuel head pressurized.

RUNNING B100
Pic of my Jeep!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:32 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

NOTE:

when purchasing an inline fuel pump make sure that it has the following characteristics:

1. It is rated for diesel/biodiesel fuel.
2. it is a FLOW through diesel fuel pump.

This type of pump has a check valve that allows the fuel to continue to flow even if the pump fails. If the pump fails the flow of fuel is not hampered, the flow of diesel will continue to flow through the inoperable pump, allowing the original Bosch fuel pump to take over unobstructedly, permitting the engine to continue to operate and not leave you stranded on the side of the road.

Hence the reason for a positive flow fuel pump.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Is there a list somewhere of recommended inline pumps or can someone post one? Mine left me at the boat ramp with my boat attached. Good times and I want it to be the last time.

Thanks
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:34 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Why not do the in-tank version?

Pretty much ends any possible fuel problem, except for fuel gelling in the winter if you haven't used preventive measures, and even then it could make fixing the problem so much easier and faster.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

Mainly cost, ease of installation and it works just as well. My jeep needs to last me till spring so dumping anything more money wise into it when I'm sure something else will break in a few weeks or months doesn't seem worth it. I can't seem me getting more than $4000 for it if I fix the rust. It's basically a money pit right now being at the age it is. Everything is leaking fluid. I'll need a u joint soon and most likely something else.

Mainly I haven't found anything yet stating the inline doesn't work well. So why spend 4x the money and 4x the time or more for something that does the same thing?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:51 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Well, if you are not keeping it, it definitely makes more sense to go the cheapest route.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:11 am 
LOST Junkie

Facet 40109. I've had one in my CRD since 2011. Works great.

RUNNING B100
Pic of my Jeep!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:22 am 
LOST Addict

ebbnflow wrote:

Same here. Works great. No issues.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:38 am 
LOST Newbie

flash7210 wrote:
ebbnflow wrote:

Same here. Works great. No issues.

I think I'll end up getting that one. Need to order one today. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

CATCRD wrote:
Herk wrote:
Does anyone have pic of the relay box on which pin to put the hot wire on or a accurate description?? Planning to put one in tomorrow. AK

The insulation is just stripped a bit and shoved in with the center pin of the relay.

anyone have the pic of the reply box the link doesn't work anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:10 pm 
LOST Addict

Sorry no pic. But a test light or voltmeter will help you find the correct pin.