It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Have you had a turbo inlet hose failure?
Yes, with stock CCV. 37%  37%  [ 76 ]
Yes, with EHM or provent for more than 50% of useage. 5%  5%  [ 11 ]
Yes, with EHM or provent for less than 50% of useage. 7%  7%  [ 14 ]
Not yet/No. 49%  49%  [ 102 ]
Other: (please explain, and say other in your post so we know the comments are "other") 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 207
 Post subject: Re: PSA check your turbo inlet hose:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Oilburner44 wrote:
I cant remember where i read this or what his username was.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63672

Hope this is what you were looking for.

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD, JBA coilovers-4.5 Arms, 5xMoab's with 265-75-16 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ, Safari snorkel, Suncoast T/C, GDE Hot tune, Mandrel bent CAC Tubes, EHM to airbox, Mopar skid's, Fumoto Drain Valve, 3% Tint, ARB front bumper, Full set of Miller tools (9599) to loan within my immediate vicinity.

Post subject: PSA check your turbo inlet hose:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:39 pm 
LOST Addict

Tony P. wrote:
Oilburner44 wrote:
I cant remember where i read this or what his username was.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63672

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Nice mod Tony! But I think we were talking about having a metal air box to turbo hose made, this requires I think a little more work due to the airbox diameter being bigger than the turbo's. plus we need another small tube to connect the ccv hose in it.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:56 pm 
LOST Junkie

Correct thermorex! But tony's CAC Metal tubes are sweet! They also need to flex. Are they too rigid? Wonder if Tony has had any leaks? Or cracks at the intercooler "plastic" connection?

K&N Air Filter, 2nd gen Fuel filter head
NEW Rockers & lifters
Mobil 1 0w-40
Stant 13519 195 deg inline Thermostat.
0 281 002 845 MAP
Etecno GX3123 7v Glow Plugs
Advance Gold 800CCA Battery
Traded it for a Quality VW TDI

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

This was not the guy, the one i was speaking off seemed to be a younger guy who asked very "dumb" questions. He said he has a steel intake tube.

245/75/r16 Wrangler MT/R's
'02 dodge 3/4ton pick-em-up truck
35 12.50 16 Super swamper ltbs
Built 360, Built transmission dana 60s front and rear
5 inch bds/tough country/Dodgeoffroad lift
Hurculined inside the cab
^contact me if interested, maybe selling for the right price to SAS the CRD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:43 pm 
LOST Member

thermorex wrote:
Nice mod Tony! But I think we were talking about having a metal air box to turbo hose made, this requires I think a little more work due to the airbox diameter being bigger than the turbo's. plus we need another small tube to connect the ccv hose in it.

Couldn't the size discrepancy be addressed by the rubber piece (make it a reducer as well as the flex point) that would connect the metal tube to the airbox?

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

Post subject: PSA check your turbo inlet hose:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:06 pm 
LOST Addict

kidjedi wrote:
thermorex wrote:

Couldn't the size discrepancy be addressed by the rubber piece (make it a reducer as well as the flex point) that would connect the metal tube to the airbox?

I don't see why it wouldn't, my concern is who sells that hose. Also, just thinking, I wonder how much flexing a short strait hose will have, since the stock hose is shaped as an accordion that allows plenty extra movement for a relative short hose. Best would be to have a metal tube with accordion shaped hoses at ends, but IMO this mod is not really worth, mainly because paying 50-ish bucks every hundred thousand for a new one (worse case, my hose was still good at 122k) is not really a big deal.

Now, in regards to cac hoses, imo it's a different story since those are more expensive and prone to failure more than the airbox to turbo hose. Plus some performance gains mentioned by some people.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:30 pm 
LOST Member

thermorex wrote:
I don't see why it wouldn't, my concern is who sells that hose. Also, just thinking, I wonder how much flexing a short strait hose will have, since the stock hose is shaped as an accordion that allows plenty extra movement for a relative short hose. Best would be to have a metal tube with accordion shaped hoses at ends, but IMO this mod is not really worth, mainly because paying 50-ish bucks every hundred thousand for a new one (worse case, my hose was still good at 122k) is not really a big deal.

I agree that some sort of accordion rubber would be best at both ends, but I also agree that this mod probably isn't worth the trouble or price compared to simply replacing the part every 100k miles! :P

FWIW, I haven't upgraded to Samco yet, but was planning on doing it within the year. I would be one of the people on the list of interested parties if Tony was taking names for metal tube CAC hose replacements when he does his dad's CRD like he mentioned! I am curious about the three inch sleeves used in that mod, though. Will they a) expand like the Samco hoses and/or b) oil-rot like the OEM part (I'll ask in that thread as to not derail this one)?

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:34 pm 
LOST Member

kidjedi wrote:
I am curious about the three inch sleeves used in that mod, though. Will they a) expand like the Samco hoses and/or b) oil-rot like the OEM part (I'll ask in that thread as to not derail this one)?

Nevermind about the oil-rot, thread clearly states "silicon sleeves." Still wonder about the expansion though (which is why Tony is undertaking metal pipe instead of using the Samco hoses in the first place).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just did a hose check tonight, It seems like it may have been replaced by the owner before me? My dark garage didn't show hair line marks that are in my picture. Could they have repaired this hose? Whatever was done the hose seemed to feel VERY solid and no need to replace. I was worried at first because that are had lots of oil residue. The clamp was very loose maybe it was seeping though.

Work Done: New A/C System Complete, New Front Drive Shaft, ETECNO 7V Glow Plugs, New Rear Upper Control Arm
Future Work: WEEKS Stage 2, New TC, GDE Tow, Tires,

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:14 pm 
LOST Addict

Silverbullet wrote:
Just did a hose check tonight, It seems like it may have been replaced by the owner before me? My dark garage didn't show hair line marks that are in my picture. Could they have repaired this hose? Whatever was done the hose seemed to feel VERY solid and no need to replace. I was worried at first because that are had lots of oil residue. The clamp was very loose maybe it was seeping though.

My old one looked good too, but I still replaced it once I took it out, so the old one is a good spare now. If there hasn't been too much oil in it, it will hold. If the previous owner had a provent or oil air separator, it may explain why your hose is still good.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:47 pm 
LOST Member

So the new (to me) Liberty (05 CRD Limited) is weeping oil like crazy from the turbo inlet hose. Any updates on someone making a silicone version of this hose (like the Samco/IDParts intercooler hoses), or are we still just using stock and replacing them once they rot? Obviously I'm gonna need to order a second Provent for the second CRD.

EDIT: for clarification, I'm talking OEM part 53013104AE (the turbo intake hose). It's going to fail sooner than later, so I need to purchase something ASAP. Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:20 pm 
LOST Junkie

As long as Corey and IDParts keep them in stock, I will take the EcoD up for a replacement. Speaking of that, I am going to have to check it out again next oil change.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:05 pm 
LOST Junkie

We now offer an upgrade for this notorious part:

https://shop.sasquatchparts.com/product ... y-28l-crd/

Supporting Vendor

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Duramax

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:21 pm 
LOST Addict

Cool.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:17 pm 
LOST Member

Huzzah!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:51 am 
LOST Member

Sweet, I was just getting ready to order the OEM one with my Provent kit, I'll get this instead.
Thanks,

1998 XJ 4.0L, stock with 130,XXX miles

First Jeep: 1962 Willys CJ-3B

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

weeks101 wrote:
We now offer an upgrade for this notorious part:

https://shop.sasquatchparts.com/product ... y-28l-crd/

Will this work with the 3.7L air box mod?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:03 am 
LOST Junkie

Diesel Dan wrote:

Yeah it will. I'm running it with the gasser airbox on my daily driver without issues.

Supporting Vendor

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Duramax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:04 am 
LOST Member

weeks101 wrote:
Diesel Dan wrote:

Yeah it will. I'm running it with the gasser airbox on my daily driver without issues.

Me too, no issues. With the v6 airbox mod, you still use the upper half of the airbox from the crd, so as far as hoses and sensors go, everything is in the same location.

Facet Fuel Pump, Secondary Fuel Filter
ARPs, 188 Degree Thermostat
GDE Eco Tune Full Torque
OME 1.5", JBA A-Arms and Top Plates
245/75/16s, Spidertrax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:37 am 
LOST Addict

I had never seen this poll. Maybe it should be a sticky? I have noticed on all the polls I guess there is only one vote allowed or counted per either user ID or maybe the IP address. I would like to vote 6 times one for each CRD but I guess I would have to create 6 accounts to do this if the system would allow it.

06 D Khaki Lim 126K wkII Eur TC
05 D khaki Lim 145k refurbishing
All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next