It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bad injector
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:43 am 
LOST Newbie

As stated in my Torque post, I've got this:
P0203 Injector Circuit - Cylinder 3
Reset codes the other day and had it come right back. The exhaust fumes are really strong at warm idle (make your eyes water). Fuel mileage has been on the decline. Noticed last night there is a fine mist of fuel on the back of the Jeep. Can the injector be rebuilt or should it be replaced? I'm assuming since it's an electrical fault it can't be rebuilt. I will be taking a long trip after christmas and and need to get it fixed soon. Any tips, things to look for would be appreciated. This isn't my first diesel but is first CRD. I've had this thing for less than a month and now this has happened, doesn't seem to look to good for the future.

Kane

Post subject: Re: Bad injector
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:49 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Not my area of expertise but download a copy of the 2006 FSM from Sams NOOB guide (do this even if you have a 2005 as the 05 FSM does not have the diagnostics) and take a look at the diagnostics for this code. Looks like there are a couple of other possible causes. If it is the injector I'd want to chat with a good diesel injector shop about clean/rebuild before I bought new.

May be a long shot but if you have a 2006 some folks have had weird electrical problems due to chaffing of the wiring harness behind the fuel filter head.

Others may or are likely to have better ideas than I.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs