It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cruise Control
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:36 pm 
LOST Junkie

Hi Folks

The cruise control on my 06 CRD is not working, if the rear speed sensor is faulty, would the cruise control not operate :banghead:

Post subject: Re: Cruise Control
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

IIRC the 06 has speed sensors on all 4 wheels (the 05 rear wheels share a sensor on IIRC the top of the differential) and if any of them are bad the cruise won't work. Might kill your odometer also.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:39 am 
LOST Junkie

papaindigo wrote:
IIRC the 06 has speed sensors on all 4 wheels (the 05 rear wheels share a sensor on IIRC the top of the differential) and if any of them are bad the cruise won't work. Might kill your odometer also.

Okay, I ckecked all four sensors and cleaned them and appear to be fine with no ABS flashing on the instrument cluster. Thought it could be a fuse but I'm not sure which fuse to look for as the manual does not show a dedicated fuse for the cruise control.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:14 pm 
LOST Junkie

mackruss wrote:
papaindigo wrote:

Okay, I ckecked all four sensors and cleaned them and appear to be fine with no ABS flashing on the instrument cluster. Thought it could be a fuse but I'm not sure which fuse to look for as the manual does not show a dedicated fuse for the cruise control.

Did you check the wiring to your brake lights. Remember that when you hit the brakes it disengages the cruise control so if there is a problem there it will not work. I think there is a clockspring in the steering wheel that can cause problems as well.

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:18 pm 
LOST Addict

If your horn works and cruise control buttons light up the dash it is probably not the clockspring.