It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Liberty Torque Converter Alternative!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

We are in the process of having TCs made for us that are similar to those available on the web. It is an upgraded TC with the spring upgrade, new aluminum stator, and billet cover. I will get all the specs together later. I was wondering if any would be interested? Here are some pics of the parts used and then the completed product.
We will be adding a splash page for the jeep liberty and dodge sprinters onto our website in the coming weeks. Please be patient and feel free to ask any questions.

www.dynamicdiesel.com

Post subject: Re: Liberty Torque Converter Alternative!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I might be as I've got the GDE stage II turbo, not yet installed, and have not yet decided on the Euro or SunCoast TC upgrade. I need to do one or the other but an alternative would be worth considering. Any interest in a "tester" with the upgraded turbo? If so PM or email me and we can chat.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:06 pm 
LOST Member

Need any testers with a GDE eco full torque tune?? lol Also do towing a two place snowmobile trailer with it, so I can get my stock one to shudder..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:06 pm 
LOST Member

how much is it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Suncoast is set up for the max and beyond what the CRD can put out.
I began to appreciate the Suncoast when I got my Inmotion Stage II tune and did some other tweaks too.
If you want a nitch perhaps you should go for the medium performance market and set up your converter accordingly.
Just a thought, I am keeping my Suncoast.

Fuel cooler, Oil Separator, Progard 7
Gauges EGT Boost Trans Temp Oil Pres, Michelin LXT AT2 245 70 R16
7,000# Draw Tight hitch, PML EX Deep Trans Pan
Centrifuge, SunCoast, Transgo, RAM TCM, InMotion Stage 2
Wife's 99 TDI VW Beetle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

Not trying to compete with other online providers of TCs. We just want a competitive product that exceeds OE performance, and provide it at a reasonable price. Monopoly of a market doesnt make a company product the best. At this time my liberty is the tester. Price is still being figured. Will be less than the current $695 price found online. Again this is an alternative option for Liberty owners. Owning a Lib made me want to figure out this particular upgrade for less, as the current US price is pretty high. The whole purpose of this thread is to find out if there is enough interest in this product to warrant production.

www.dynamicdiesel.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:16 pm 
LOST Member

interested let us know how it works for you. I wanting to pull about 3500 pounds long trips 850 miles in mountains. With a full torque from GDE.

Post subject: Liberty Torque Converter Alternative!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:45 pm 
LOST Junkie

I may be interested depending on price and I'm a big fan of good customer service

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:47 pm 
LOST Junkie

Sounds interesting. I currently have the "Euro" spec, but without any tunes at present. Depends on the price - apart from the unit cost, shipping anything to England costs a fortune - especially by USPS.

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Grabber At3 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;ARB diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; Airflow snorkel; Frontrunner roofrack; rock rails

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:43 pm 
LOST Member

I got my first shudder a week ago, and I run the FT GDE tune. that being said I am planing to upgrade by mid May or June. definitely another option is worth looking at. so, price? warranty? competitors comparison?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:32 pm 
LOST Addict

GDE has been running their turbo kit KJ CRD for a couple years with the "euro" TC with no problems, towing up to 7000 lbs up long hills. You can spend more, but GDE thinks there is no reason to unless you plan on significantly exceeding 400 lbsft. at the flywheel.

DOC

2005 KJ CRD Ltd Detroit TrueTrac Bilsteins G2 GDE "HOT" ECU GDE TCM "Tow Tune" "euro" TC SEGR Weeks Elbow New HG at 130K ARPs Clean CAT aFe Filter Magnaflow Exhaust EHM Cumminos In-Tank Lift Pump Hayden Fan Clutch Nylon Fan VH Enabled with GDE lower shutoff point Recalibrated Temp Gauge Tekonsha Prodigy Sears P-1 ZDDP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:04 am 
LOST Newbie

I think there is a market and I'd be interested. I'm waiting for mine to die but I think that its not too far away. For now, I was assuming only Suncoast as the "Euro TC" is too confusing, I cant find it easily online and am not sure what it is. I'm in the 'fan' but not online here all the time crowd, and I find the Suncoast TC as very pricey. If there was something better than stock but not as HD and pricey as Suncoast, I'd be interested.

87 Suzuki Samurai - VW 1.6NA Diesel, SPOA
12 Toyota Prius V

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:29 am 
LOST Junkie

Fastring - what was referred to as the Euro spec TC is now the standard replacement from Chrysler. I read that some may be remanufactured units rather than new build, but you'd have to ask Chrysler about that. I'm interested, because even though I have the Euro spec unit, and I know that GDE have had no problems with it running their turbo, the simple fact is, that sooner or later it will wear out and need repair/replacement. The cost of parts from Chrysler is eye-watering, certainly in England, so an alternative is worth looking at. It may not cost less than the Chrysler unit, but if it doesn't cost significantly more (and is better built/stronger), than it may be a worthwhile option.

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Grabber At3 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;ARB diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; Airflow snorkel; Frontrunner roofrack; rock rails

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:47 pm 
LOST Member

Interested, running the GDE hot tune.

'06 Liberty CRD Limited GDE Hot Tune, Lift Pump

Head Gasket and Timing Belt Pics

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:05 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm interested, planning on replacing mine this summer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:35 am 
LOST Newbie

im interested too!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 am 
LOST Newbie

My 2005 is stock down there, and I will be looking for upgrades after my 100K service this spring.

Racor Fuel filter
Transgo shift kit
Hayden Extreme Duty fan clutch
Timing belt done at 112K

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

I would be interested and would mirror the thoughts that something that is middle of the road is a good product placement.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:51 am 
LOST Junkie

doc4444.. when my truck had to do the dyno for the emissions test here, it read 420ftlb at a max in 3rd gear that is with all the suncoast upgrades and the inmotion stage 2 tune

'05 Limited CRD Inferno Red Pearl Coat
Home made provent installed @ 35443, SEGR installed @ 35466, Fumoto valve @ 37500, trans and transfer case skid, In tank pump installed @ 43500, Suncoast TC & Transgo Shift Kit @ 44730, EGT, Boost, Trans temp gauges, Samco hoses, Rebuilt Trans w/ HD454RFE kit @ 56K, Inmotion Stage 2 @ 56K

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:42 pm 
LOST Addict

Trevor,

I think that dyno is a tad optimistic. I got a (corrected) 328 lbs/ft at the rear wheels when I last dynoed with an IM SII ECU. I think that even with the GDE turbo kit the most you could see at the rear wheels is maybe about 370.

See the link to my dyno results: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48009&p=528672&hilit=dyno#p528672

And GDE's flywheel numbers: http://www.greendieselengineering.com/g ... d=perfComp

DOC

2005 KJ CRD Ltd Detroit TrueTrac Bilsteins G2 GDE "HOT" ECU GDE TCM "Tow Tune" "euro" TC SEGR Weeks Elbow New HG at 130K ARPs Clean CAT aFe Filter Magnaflow Exhaust EHM Cumminos In-Tank Lift Pump Hayden Fan Clutch Nylon Fan VH Enabled with GDE lower shutoff point Recalibrated Temp Gauge Tekonsha Prodigy Sears P-1 ZDDP