It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Evic Install
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:46 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Here is how I did it.

I went to a web site http://www.car-part.com and sourced a TPMS equipped EVIC with its harness and tire pressure sensors from a wrecked donor vehicle of the same year and model as mine. The headliner that housed the EVIC was trashed and no longer saleable so I was able to cut out a 1'-6" x 1'-6" square around the center of the EVIC so that I could use it as a template when I got home. It worked perfectly; using it to surgically cut into my headliner with a sharp blade.

The headliner is held in place by the six interior plastic posts that snap in place and by the 6 screws that hold the visors in place. Seats and seat belts have to be detached so that you can unsnap the interior plastic covers holding up the headliner.

I was replacing the cloth seats with heated leather so this wasn’t a big deal for me because the interior was coming out anyway.

The harness connector is located on the driver side rear post near the tailgate.
Disconnect and remove the old harness and replace it with the new one from the donor vehicle. The old harness is soft glued in place and the replacement doesn’t need to be glued just dropped in the same place.

Make the cut out, install the EVIC and connect the harness connectors at the rear. Lift the headliner in place and begin to snap everything back in.

It’s a very easy install and it works great.

Take your time, wear clean plastic throw away gloves.