It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Body Control Module Location?
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:12 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Where is the body control module located?

Where is the BCM located?

Post subject: Re: Body Control Module Location?
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:16 pm 
LOST Addict

Its basically part of the fuse block, its a black plastic module that bolts to the fuse block, to remove it you either need to remove the whole fuse block or just try to get the bolts off of it to remove it.

Some pics:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59348

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Still tracking down the problem with the EVIC oat?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:14 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sir Sam wrote:
Its basically part of the fuse block, its a black plastic module that bolts to the fuse block, to remove it you either need to remove the whole fuse block or just try to get the bolts off of it to remove it.

Some pics:

Sam is it the one located on the drivers side inside the vehicle or the one in the engine bay?

Randy B wrote:

Yes, the evic TPMS doesn't read the sensors. I installed new tires and TPMS sensors last night and nothing. My CRD sport did not have TPMS sensors installed from its birth and maybe the reason why I can't connect now, maybe a specific wireless sensor is preventing the connection to happen. Anybody have any experience with connecting the evic and tpms?

It may be something to do with the WCM....where is the Wireless Control Module located?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:14 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The wireless control module is also referred to as the SKREEM, per the FSM. It may be what Sam's pics show as the "keyless" module. I say this because the FSM refers to programming that module for keys. That leads me to speculate that if your vehicle lacked the TPMS system from the factory it 1) may lack the receiver to get the signal from the tires or 2) it may have the receiver but that receiver needs to be "told" to work much like some folks who have had their cruise control disabled during system programming when the tech forgot to tell the system cruise existed.

Somewhat guesswork on my part as I'm by no means knowledgeable about computerized cars.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:50 am 
LOST Addict

racertracer wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:

Some pics:

Sam is it the one located on the drivers side inside the vehicle or the one in the engine bay?

Randy B wrote:

Yes, the evic TPMS doesn't read the sensors. I installed new tires and TPMS sensors last night and nothing. My CRD sport did not have TPMS sensors installed from its birth and maybe the reason why I can't connect now, maybe a specific wireless sensor is preventing the connection to happen. Anybody have any experience with connecting the evic and tpms?

It may be something to do with the WCM....where is the Wireless Control Module located?

Ah, the one located in the dash, either you need to pull the fuse cover to see it or pull the kick panel to see it, i forget which. I guess I could have taken better photos, and I would provide more of them to you, but I'm out of town at the moment so those will have to suffice.

the wireless module is the little black box that attaches to the BCM, its supposed to be for the RKE....remote keyless entry, though I don't know if it also receives for the TPMS as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:51 am 
LOST Addict

wait I take that back, you can see the outlines of the BCM if you pull the fuse cover, its the black guy barely visible once the fuse cover is off.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:33 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It does per FSM "The SKREEM also serves as the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) and the Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) RF receiver. (Refer to 8 - ELECTRICAL/POWER LOCKS - DESCRIPTION) or (Refer to 22 - TIRES/WHEELS/TIRE PRESSURE
MONITORING - DESCRIPTION). The SKREEM communicates over the Programmable Communications Interface (PCI) data bus with the Body Control Module (BCM), the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) or the diagnostic scan tool."

I asssume if you have the Remote Keyless entry (as far as I know all CRDs do) then there is a good chance the SKREEM has the ability to receive TPMS signals if it's told to do so. How those signals get sent to the EVIC and whether something else has to be programmed to do that is beyond me.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:36 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Parts department says I need these other sensors and he is not sure if MORE are required.

56044713ab tire pressure trigger left front
56044714ab tire pressure trigger right front
56044716ac tire pressure trigger rear

maybe more.

I AM ASKING MYSELF HOW BAD I NEED TO KNOW WHAT MY TIRE PRESSURE IS AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Me too, glad I don't have them. Seem like a pain in the butt. Another Nanny state requirement if you ask me.

(which of course you didn't) :oops:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:25 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
You should have the computer-end of the wireless system, but if you are sure your CRD never had the TPMS from the factory... Does the little flat-tire idiot light come on when the dash boots up?

If that light doesn't come on, then you definitely don't have the receivers in the wheelwells. IIRC, the placement for the receivers is behind both front wheels, and then the rear-passenger (I think) wheel well, with the computer triangulating the locations of each sensor based on the signal strength. I would be surprised if the wiring was absent down there, but the sensors certainly could be missing. What is interesting is that your EVIC is asking you to "train" your sensors, where mine is not.

If you decide you don't want to hassle with that, I would happily send you the other EVIC I have, with or without the interior mounting, if you would be willing to exchange - It worked fine with the temp sensor (I'll temp-wire it up to my OBD port to prove it works with my 05 sensor before sending it to you)

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

geordi wrote:
You should have the computer-end of the wireless system, but if you are sure your CRD never had the TPMS from the factory... Does the little flat-tire idiot light come on when the dash boots up?

If that light doesn't come on, then you definitely don't have the receivers in the wheelwells. IIRC, the placement for the receivers is behind both front wheels, and then the rear-passenger (I think) wheel well, with the computer triangulating the locations of each sensor based on the signal strength. I would be surprised if the wiring was absent down there, but the sensors certainly could be missing. What is interesting is that your EVIC is asking you to "train" your sensors, where mine is not.

If you decide you don't want to hassle with that, I would happily send you the other EVIC I have, with or without the interior mounting, if you would be willing to exchange - It worked fine with the temp sensor (I'll temp-wire it up to my OBD port to prove it works with my 05 sensor before sending it to you)

Just a thought, if it is saying your tps's need to be trained. Then you may have to have a scanner snic the tps to the EVIC. Call a tire dealer and ask them. A freind of mine had replace a tps and had to have a dealer snic that sensor to the computer. Do not know if they are plug and play per say :2cents:

Last edited by Randy B on Fri May 11, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:03 pm 
LOST Addict

snic?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Yea sorry, still on pain meds from a back operation

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:34 pm 
LOST Addict

Randy B wrote:

No problem, but I'm still curious what you meant?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sir Sam wrote:
Randy B wrote:

No problem, but I'm still curious what you meant?

No problem Sir Sam
Since they are wireless and new to the EVIC, my thought is if as was stated they need to be trained. That seems that the EVIC is seeing them but can not read them. So they may need to be snic. I have never had to change any on my jeep. So I do not know it you can take a new one out of a box and install it and it would read the new one with no problem. With just the dash light it only comes on when one goes below a predetermine pressure, with the evic it is sending the pressure of each one to the EVIC. When my spare tire became low on mine the dash light lite and chimed but the EVIC still showed the pressure of all four tires. With the EVIC the sensor's I would think would have to have a address so to speak to show that sensor on the display, so my thinking is the EVIC is seeing the tps but not the address or the information from that sensor. So they need to be snic. Like installing a new card in your computer, it knows its there but does not know what to do with it until the driver is installed. Hope this makes sense.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well I retrack what I said. They are self learning. So with that said going back to bed.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:19 pm 
LOST Junkie

Stupid question....but you got the correct frequency TPM sensors in the wheels?

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:10 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
From what I understand in looking around to purchase a replacement sensor of my own, they all use the same frequency. I got one from O'Reilly Auto Parts for like $50, I think it was the VDO sensor.

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:28 am 
LOST Addict

I had one of them wheel sensor leak and I replace with Napa part. It relearned itself in about a mile.

K&N, Samco Hoses, Michelin 245/70-16 LTX A/T2, Fumoto F-102, V-Force Muffler, Mopar, Hitch, Trailer Wiring, Skid Plates, Slush Mats, Rear Shelf, Predator Stage 1, Transgo, ORM & CodeReader, Facet 40109 Pump
"IT'S A DIESEL THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND"
Certified Services Auto & Truck Repair