It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Body Control Module Location?
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:22 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

This is what the trigger looks like

What does it connect to? It looks like an antenna wire.

Last edited by racertracer on Sat May 12, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:06 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Looks to me like a Mopar version of an adaptor to jump from the really strange OEM antenna plug to the standard Motorola Connector that's worked just fine for decades and is used on most all after market radios.

I'd rant on DCJ but many/most current car manufacturers are progressively making it more difficult on the after market radio industry and car owners by using weird radio face plates and OEM specific antenna plugs.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:30 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

As far as the rim mounted sensor goes the Dorman 974-001 works just fine although I find the detachable stem a little odd and would add a drop of locktite blue to the nut just in case. Self learned just fine on stoutdog's 2006.

Costs about $25@ most anywhere online including Amazon with free shipping.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:08 pm 
LOST Addict

The easiest way to get TPMS is to get a 2004 KJ EVIC. That was the last year they didn't use antennas in the wheel wells - the antenna is in the EVIC. The sensors also changed after that year so you need the right ones. You train the EVIC by interrupting each sensor's signal with a magnet near the valve stem so the EVIC knows what is where. Starting in 2005 they went to the individual antenna system so you didn't need to retrain the EVIC each time you rotated the tire, put a spare on, or got a new sensor.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:33 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
CATCRD wrote:
The easiest way to get TPMS is to get a 2004 KJ EVIC. That was the last year they didn't use antennas in the wheel wells - the antenna is in the EVIC. The sensors also changed after that year so you need the right ones. You train the EVIC by interrupting each sensor's signal with a magnet near the valve stem so the EVIC knows what is where. Starting in 2005 they went to the individual antenna system so you didn't need to retrain the EVIC each time you rotated the tire, put a spare on, or got a new sensor.

Got a part number for that year?

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:28 am 
LOST Addict

Mine is 56010438AC. As far as I know this trick only works with 05 sports, since Limiteds came with the antennas already there in the wheel wells.

And I should add, since I notice in your sig that you run 60psi, it will beep a warning at each startup if any pressure is over 44psi. If you acknowledge that by pressing an EVIC button, it just comes back in a minute, but without the beep. Same with pressure under 25. Super annoying when offroading.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:55 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I was able to get a used EVIC and the part # 56042756AJ.

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/pro ... 756AJ.html

How do I find out which TPMS part number would work with it?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:33 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

racer - the 04 parts fiche from Sam's NOOB site lists 52088990AC which seems to be a pretty common early 2000 DCJ sensor so there should be after market alternatives. I did a quick check and found Dorman 974-002.

Of course you will need access to the "training" magnet whatever that is.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:00 am 
LOST Addict

papaindigo wrote:
racer - the 04 parts fiche from Sam's NOOB site lists 52088990AC which seems to be a pretty common early 2000 DCJ sensor so there should be after market alternatives. I did a quick check and found Dorman 974-002.

Of course you will need access to the "training" magnet whatever that is.

I just use a small neodymium super magnet I had laying around. It was like $2, compared with the 20 they want for the special donut training magnet. Works like a champ.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:12 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

catcrd - thanks for that hint for a totally different reason. I was recently flipping TV channels and scrolled past one of the "speed" shop shows just long enough to catch a tip that caught my interest. The tip involve super gluing a small magnet to the end on your socket wrench or extension so bolts wouldn't drop out. Seemed like a neat idea especially after dealing with the "invisible" lower rear bolt on the CRD tstat with a friend yesterday. I think I'll order a pack of these (http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishl ... av_lists_1) from Amazon and give the idea a try.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:45 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

BlackLibertyCRD wrote:
I had one of them wheel sensor leak and I replace with Napa part. It relearned itself in about a mile.

Same here but yours and mine are 06 model years :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:08 pm 
LOST Junkie

CATCRD wrote:
Mine is 56010438AC. As far as I know this trick only works with 05 sports, since Limiteds came with the antennas already there in the wheel wells.

And I should add, since I notice in your sig that you run 60psi, it will beep a warning at each startup if any pressure is over 44psi. If you acknowledge that by pressing an EVIC button, it just comes back in a minute, but without the beep. Same with pressure under 25. Super annoying when offroading.

This is the one advantage to the 06 version, is that is can be reprogrammed for higher inflation pressures. When I had my new tires installed the shop reprogrammed mine up the upper limit of my tires it seems (80psi) as I can air mine up now without getting the annoying chime. Previously anything over 44psi would set it off with the old rubber.

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Woohoo.... all the Tire pressure sensors work, just like CATCRD said and the programming was easy using the magnet he described. But to complete the programming there must be a TPMS sensor in the spare tire also.

The only indicator that doesn't work on the evic is the ambient temperature indicator... Anyone know how to get it to work? The ambient temperature sensor is installed in the grill and it tested fine, the EVIC will not read it.