It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 05 crd limp mode problem! please help!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

They wanted to do an ECU flash on my Jeep at Chrysler for free. They said it was an update to the EGR/MAF known issue and was on a recall. However while flashing my ECU the computer network went down and that fried my ECU, and Chrysler had to pay to get another one (4 days later).

It MAY be an ECU issue....

GDE ECO Tune / Fumoto Valve / E-Tecno GX3123 7v Glow Plugs / 2nd Gen Fuel Head / Mishimoto RED Hoses / Rockers/Lifters @ 114k / Hayden FC + 11 Blade Nylon / Sears P1 Battery / Transgo 45RFE-HD2 Reprogramming Kit / Timken Front Bearings

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:47 am 
LOST Newbie

So I just ask the dealer to do a egr/maf recall check? and I drove it some more today and it went into limp mode a couple more times.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:48 am 
LOST Newbie

Also would a GDE tune fix these problems for sure?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:33 am 
LOST Addict

The GDE tune will take care of the P0401/P0299 codes. The P0101 code can point to a drift in the MAF sensor or potentially worn rocker arms. Hopefully just a flaked out sensor.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

Called the dealer today and they said all recalls have been done on this jeep except the rear control arm recall. But the Torque converter and tcm reflash have already been completed on it according to the VIN.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

I ran a Freeze Frame on my actron obdii scanner today while cruising steady at 45-50mph in 3rd gear limp mode appox. 2k+RPM. Here is what that showed at that time.

Frame 1 Mod $12
Troub code P0700
Engine Speed 894 (RPM)
ABS FRP 43520.00 (PSI)
VEH Speed 6 (mph)
IAT 61 (íF)
coolant 70 (íF)
MAP 100.0 ("HG)
MAF 12.77 (LB/M)
CalcLoad 55.3 (%)

Maybe someone can point the problems out or help lead me to where to get help with this info.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Good and bad news, we find the problem (good news) it was 2 wires coming from the solenoid pack but we can reach the cable over the tranny without droping it with the trandfer case (Bad news).

Instead of repairing the master cable wiring, we just pass 2 new wire beside so the input got signal again and don't drop in Limp mode. A new master cost $1800 here in Canada and $842 in USA but It's a real PITA to replace...

Wish you get lucky and find your "Demon" asap AKWCRD, I'm now ready to install my new Equal-I-zer hitch, grab my camping trailer and hit the road,

Asta La Vista Liby! :BANANA:

Samco/OME/Bilstein/JBA4.5/Mattech BTA Machined trans valve body
/BF rugged terrain 245/75/16 on MOAB

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

OldSkull wrote:
Good and bad news, we find the problem (good news) it was 2 wires coming from the solenoid pack but we can reach the cable over the tranny without droping it with the trandfer case (Bad news).

Instead of repairing the master cable wiring, we just pass 2 new wire beside so the input got signal again and don't drop in Limp mode. A new master cost $1800 here in Canada and $842 in USA but It's a real PITA to replace...

Wish you get lucky and find your "Demon" asap AKWCRD, I'm now ready to install my new Equal-I-zer hitch, grab my camping trailer and hit the road,

I'm glad you figured yours out, I am kind of thinking mine might be two wires as well,it makes since, whichever wires control the p0988, 4c pressure switch.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:36 am 
LOST Newbie

akwcrd wrote:
OldSkull wrote:

I'm glad you figured yours out, I am kind of thinking mine might be two wires as well,it makes since, whichever wires control the p0988, 4c pressure switch.

I took it to another shop and they said it might be a cracked plate on the side of the valve body, so I ordered a new one from the dealer for $17 and it will be hear tuesday, I am leaving wednesday for new york! wish me luck

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:29 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

akwcrd wrote:
I took it to another shop and they said it might be a cracked plate on the side of the valve body, so I ordered a new one from the dealer for $17 and it will be hear tuesday, I am leaving wednesday for new york! wish me luck

OEM plate su...Big time! Don't do it! Buy a Transgo kit instead! They need to remove the pan/filter and valve body to install that plate anyway! Do it right only one time! No need to install all parts in the kit just rebuilt the valve body and install the heavy duty plate include. I did mine in about 1 hour but I let the pan dry all night before filling back the tranny.

Here the link.. http://transgoonline.com/products.php?prd=45RFE-HD2&homeinclude=catalog&category_id=63&parent_id=29&product_id=96&countdisplay=2&start=0&addcountview=Yes

Almost forget...Break a leg!

Samco/OME/Bilstein/JBA4.5/Mattech BTA Machined trans valve body
/BF rugged terrain 245/75/16 on MOAB

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:41 am 
LOST Newbie

So is that plate cracking a common problem?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:42 am 
LOST Newbie

Also has anyone ever noticed their a/c blower motor unit under the dash sweating when the a/c is on and dripping water on the floor board?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:42 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nope, check the AC/Heater box drain that comes out of the firewall under the coolant bottle. Good chance it's clogged.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:29 am 
LOST Newbie

It does the same thing either way

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:59 am 
LOST Newbie

akwcrd wrote:
It does the same thing either way

Hi so, how did you fix your lim mode case on your commander, im sufering a similar case!!!
Taks for your help!
Federico A.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

Apologies if this is a repeat, but my post isn't appearing…

2006 Libby CRD 99000kms (60000 miles), GDE Tune, EHM, Samco turbo hoses

After 15 minutes of driving to work today (and a rev to get through a changing traffic light) my Jeep started idling very rough and wouldn't rev past 1800 RPM.

I popped the hood when I got to my parking spot and there is an intermittent buzzing coming from passenger side of the engine compartment where that canister is located (with the small hoses running in/out), and the large electrical connections near that grey electrical box mounted to the fender.

I recently changed the air filter, added some oil and washer fluid but nothing else out of the ordinary.

I'll check the MAP and MAF this evening, but they shouldn't be too fouled since I cleaned them after installing the GDE tune and the EHM.

Is there anything in that cluster of electrical connectors, vacuum lines, etc…on the passenger side of the engine compartment that would be causing that loud buzzing noise and causing the limp home mode to engage? Also, I have no CEL displaying which I'm finding odd.

Any help would be groovy and I'll post an update as I start to diagnose things.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

Already have an update…after my last post I stumbled on to a thread discussing solenoid and vacuum issues causing the same symptoms I was having.

In the post:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=70602&p=757348&hilit=boost+solenoid#p757348

It mentions to test a bypass on the solenoid. I quickly ran to my Jeep started it up and the jeep seemed to be idling better and was able to rev again all though it was rough. I noticed that the buzzing sound wasn't intermittent any more but solid and it was coming from that solenoid with all of the vacuum lines coming out of it.

I did the bypass on the solenoid and the engine was revving better immediately. Time for a new solenoid.

I'm assuming that the intermittent vacuum I was getting suddenly this morning was causing the idle and low revs.

Does that make sense to anyone else? I'll give it a try anyway.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sounds like the solenoid was bad or intermittently bad causing the vacuum to dump or intermittently dump which may explain the buzz.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

@papaindigo

I've ordered the parts and have been driving around with bypass mentioned in the other thread. But out of curiosity I removed the bypass and ran the vacuum lines properly and it was still running fine. But the vacuum sound was also consistent as opposed to the intermittent sound this morning. So you may be right, it might just be starting to fail.

Had to order the parts from the dealership as none of the other part stores could even find the part in their systems. $96.00 (Canadian) for both the Turbo Boost Pressure Solenoid and the Wastegate vacuum filter. We get ripped off large in Canada!

I'll let you all know if I still run in to that problem again. I'll clean the MAP and MAF sensors again as well just because...

Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:29 am 
LOST Newbie

I know this is an old topic but I have the opportunity to buy a 2005 crd with similar issues as posted originally in this. Limp mode and then various dealer fixes that did nothing.

I was wondering if the limp mode issues with these have a common fix such as the wires above the tranny as listed?

The dealer has replaced the egr valve, glow plugs, computer and wire harness, and new valves in tranny.

I am contemplating purchasing it for $2000. It has around 75K miles.

I had a Liberty CRD in 2004 and loved it so would like to get this if it is fixable but don't want a money pit.

Thanks for any help,
Randy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next