It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New CRD owner.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:04 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey I just picked up my new 06 CRD Libby. I was price shopping only to find out my wife went ahead and bought it. The only thing she forgot to look for was the skid plate package. So where can I find some aftermarket skids that are worth anything. I'll also need some towhooks to pull out those stuck LR3's. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:46 am 
LOST Junkie

All that stuff is in the parts catalog at DC. The factory skids are a good value if your not in the rocks all the time. The factory hooks are pretty nice also, and a good value. About $250 will get you all the skids. I had mine the next day. My CRD also came with a engine skid that was very thin and was good only to hold the sound dampening material up. The original pan and the dampening material together was the same thickness as the good factory skid. Everything looked cool till I dropped the rear bolts to slide the tranny skid under, then it was easy to see the difference.
It's at least 2 times thicker than the pan I had. Took about 1 1/2 hours to put them all on. The fuel tank skid was the longest, as I had to drop the hitch and then put both back up together. Lining up the first hole was the hardest.

Post subject: Re: New CRD owner.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:05 am 
manganos wrote:
Hey I just picked up my new 06 CRD Libby. I was price shopping only to find out my wife went ahead and bought it. The only thing she forgot to look for was the skid plate package. So where can I find some aftermarket skids that are worth anything. I'll also need some towhooks to pull out those stuck LR3's. Thanks!

Here is a place that is an actual dealership in Pennsylvania that sells for about 10-15% off with free shipping over $75 in orders. A great deal for getting MOPAR stuff.

www.jparts.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:41 am 
LOST Addict

spoonplugger1 wrote:
All that stuff is in the parts catalog at DC. The factory skids are a good value if your not in the rocks all the time. The factory hooks are pretty nice also, and a good value. About $250 will get you all the skids. I had mine the next day. My CRD also came with a engine skid that was very thin and was good only to hold the sound dampening material up. The original pan and the dampening material together was the same thickness as the good factory skid. Everything looked cool till I dropped the rear bolts to slide the tranny skid under, then it was easy to see the difference.
It's at least 2 times thicker than the pan I had. Took about 1 1/2 hours to put them all on. The fuel tank skid was the longest, as I had to drop the hitch and then put both back up together. Lining up the first hole was the hardest.
Hey Spoonplugger1, MY CRD came with a front skid as thick and the same material as the tranny skid I got from the dealer. When I dropped the rear bolts to slide the tranny skid under the engine skid, it was the same thickness as the tranny skid and sounds the same when whacked with a hammer as the tranny skid. Why would your skid be different then mine, other then possibably the build date. Mine was built July of '05, when was your's built?

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:30 am 
Lifetime Member! LIBERTY OR DEATH
Lifetime Member!  LIBERTY OR DEATH

Alright! Another KJ in southern VA! Welcome to LOST manganos! Check out the Mid Atlantic LOST section and the Carolina LOST section. We're positioned right on the border of both groups and there's stuff going on all through April and May.

If you want Mopar skids and tow hooks, check this topic thread out. There's a list in the first post detailing all the parts numbers, prices, and where to get them. I went with jparts.com because they have free shipping on orders over $75. Free shipping on something as heavy as a big box of skids is worth a LOT! Place the order late on a Wednesday and was dragging the box off my porch on Friday.

Oldnavy, I was wondering the same thing. My engine skid is nice and heavy too. I wonder if some of the earlier CRDs got a thinner engine skid, and the later ones got a regular skid plate thickness. Like Mopar got tired of producing two of the exact same thing or something (shrug).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:59 am 
LOST Junkie

old navy,
My rig was built April '05.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:05 pm 
LOST Junkie

Everything about the skid that was on the rig was identical to the thicker skid. Same heavy metal bosses on the mounting bolts that go thru the big holes in the skid, the metal was just way thinner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:14 pm 
LOST Addict

That's strange, mine was built the same as the tranny skid and seem as thick about 3" into the center which about as far as I could put my thumb and fore finger. I guess I will check again when I install the fumoto drain valve.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:20 pm 
LOST Member

I also got the aftermarket one for the front .... the factory one was much lighter as well ... it looked the same, but I took off the factory and it was much lighter ...