It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Module for Liberty CRD..........
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:37 am 
LOST Newbie

Here is a handy url about module for the CRD: http://www.dieseltuning.com/english/02p ... index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:56 am 
LOST Addict

Not TuV approved so I am no way interested in it. There are others out there with TuV and 200hp and a little more tq.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:08 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

From that link:

"Dieseltuning specializes in making tuning modules for diesels. We have developed a quality product that is TUV and CE certified. Over 100,000 DIESEL POWER® modules have been sold worldwide.."

Looks like TUV to me.

IronMan Lift/Shocks/Provent/Moog ball joints/ V6 Airbox/Fan/Hayden
Cobalt Boost/EGT/Oil/Trans/Volt gauges/Aeroturbine 2525
Yeti Hot Tune/Odessey 65/Samco's/Michelin Defenders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:21 am 
LOST Junkie

Is there a new Predator module? I saw one on ebay that said NEW and it sai it would increase hp by 70.

ORM&EHM with great success!
TJM T17 Bumper, 50W KC HID's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:58 am 
Ok, all you tuners have finally sucked me into looking at these performance modules. This one in particular is the DIGI CR made by Diesel Optimization Systems.

Does anyone have experience with their products, whether it be for a diesel jeep, vw, gm, whatever?

They specifically make this claim:

Quote:
Unlike other manufacturers of diesel performance products that increase turbo charger boost pressures, ours achieve their power gains by strictly altering the fuel injection timing and duration.

Does that claim really mean anything? Could it be "read between the lines" that they are actually boosting fuel rail pressure?

Here are the factory vs. installed stats:

Quote:
Power output Series
120 kW 163 HP 400 Nm 294 lb-ft

Diesel Power
144 kW 196 HP 480 Nm 353 lb-ft

And, an interesting blurb about power loss - this relates to oil through the CCV system (VW TDi but speculated same problems as us?):

Quote:
Q: Are there any pre-existing condition that will affect performance or lack of with my new Dieseltuning module on my VW TDI?

Intake Manifold and EGR Cleaning - This vehicle is equipped with a CCV (crankcase vent) system and an EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) system. Oily fumes from the CCV system can combine with carbon particles from the EGR system to form a black sticky tar in the intake system. This eventually starts restricting the amount of airflow into the engine, resulting in gradual power loss as the vehicle ages and the intake clogging becomes worse. In rare cases a MIL ("check engine" light) may be tripped, with an intake manifold pressure control code set, but normally this does not happen and no codes are set. Operating conditions, fuel quality, oil quality, driving habits, and general condition of the engine all have some effect on how long the intake system survives before clogging up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:26 am 
LOST Member

I've had this module installed on my KJ for about 4 months now. It works great!
On setting 'C' I have to be careful not to spin my precious 245/75 MTRs, and that's on dry pavement. There is alot of tourque there, and when you lay off the throttle, it gets better milage as well.
I have to say that I don't know as much about that though, because it's a little too fun getting into the throttle.

LOST#065178
2005 KJ Sport CRD
2.5" Daystar(F) Skyjacker(R) hybrid lift
245/75/16 MTRs on Moab rims
JKS Supernerf Rockrails/MOPAR skids
Aeroturbine 2525

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:54 am 
LOST Member

spoonyG wrote:
I've had this module installed on my KJ for about 4 months now. It works great!
On setting 'C' I have to be careful not to spin my precious 245/75 MTRs, and that's on dry pavement. There is alot of tourque there, and when you lay off the throttle, it gets better milage as well.
I have to say that I don't know as much about that though, because it's a little too fun getting into the throttle.

What sort of fuel mileage are you experiencing with that module? I'm looking around at my options. While I love the idea of more power, I got the diesel for mileages as well. :)

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD Limited (sold)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

I’ve been running the Digi CR tuning module on my Sprinter (L5 2.7L CRD) for well over a year now. I know this isn’t a Liberty but the engines are similar in displacement and share some characteristics. I get about 3% better mpg on the highway, about the same around town and about 8% better when towing. I have experience 0 problems. I can tell that I have tested it under as many conditions as possible including towing a 6000 pound boat.

Currently, we are running extensive Digi CR module testing on a 05 Liberty CRD. The EGT’s are running at or only slightly above stock levels (depending on load) and so far the mpg is very similar to the Sprinter’s results.

BTW, we now have the ProGuard 7 performance air filter available for the 3.7L and 2.8L engines. We are just beginning testing on the Liberty but this media has been tremendously successful for the Sprinter and I know it will make a difference for the Liberty as well. Independent tests have shown the ProGuard 7 product by far outperforms the K&N and other performance filters. We will keep you up-dated with the results.

Hope this helps.

dieselpowermodule.com
A division of Upscale Automotive, Inc.
19460 SW 89th Ave.
Tualatin, OR 97062
503-692-0846

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:24 am 
LOST Member

Thanks for the input, John!

What sort of gas mileage are you clocking on that '05 Liberty CRD right now with the chip in it? 3% and 8% is great, but what's the baseline?

My first tank was 20.4 MPG and my 2nd tank was 23.5 MPG. This is with a daily run over a small mountain pass ( Tiger Summit on SR-18 ). Consumer reports clocked around 31 MPG on the freeway in their report, so I was REALLY hoping for 25-27 in my commute. :)

And forgive my ignorance... what's a Sprinter? Edit: Scratch that last bit.. just found out when I checked your website... ;)

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD Limited (sold)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:21 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm running the Digi-CR on my CRD at setting F (highest performance) for several months now. On a 150 mile trip a few weeks ago, I averaged 30 mpg on winter blend diesel in 50 degree F temperatures. My last fillup with all local driving, with plenty of stoplights, was calculated at 23 mpg. None of my city driving was relaxed, but very brisk city traffic acceleration. This is similar mileage I was experiencing without the Digi.... but, I'm enjoying the extra power a little too much to see if relaxed driving would yield higher mpg. Mileage on my CRD is 18K.

The difference on setting F is that the extra power causes the transmission to shift much faster, with resultant lower engine rpm's, than on settings C, D or E. This may be the reason for the good mileage, even with the extra grunt. Even on setting F, I cannot see any smoke on acceleration while driving.

IronMan Lift/Shocks/Provent/Moog ball joints/ V6 Airbox/Fan/Hayden
Cobalt Boost/EGT/Oil/Trans/Volt gauges/Aeroturbine 2525
Yeti Hot Tune/Odessey 65/Samco's/Michelin Defenders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:53 am 
LOST Newbie

The preliminary mpg I have so far is in town at 23 mpg. Seems inline with what others have reported and inline with what I find on the Sprinter. Not to bad when you consider the added performance.

dieselpowermodule.com
A division of Upscale Automotive, Inc.
19460 SW 89th Ave.
Tualatin, OR 97062
503-692-0846