It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Few questions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello new owner here...was wondering some things...I came from a 6.0 powerjoke I was wondering can we install a smoke switch on these? on my 6.0 all I did was tie in to a wire on the turbo...also my co worker has a newer dodge and he said he tied in to the map sensor? can we do that? also what are yous all running for gagues?

Post subject: Re: Few questions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

blackDiesel wrote:
Hello new owner here...was wondering some things...I came from a 6.0 powerjoke I was wondering can we install a smoke switch on these? on my 6.0 all I did was tie in to a wire on the turbo...also my co worker has a newer dodge and he said he tied in to the map sensor? can we do that? also what are yous all running for gagues?

There is a hose you can pull off to do this, I thought you could probably wire in a solenoid to do the same thing. I am not sure what hose it is, but some one will chime in soon I am sure?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:24 pm 
LOST Newbie

smoke switch???

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:47 pm 
LOST Junkie

blackDiesel wrote:

As far as i know you cant do any smoke mods on the CRD turbo. Most people want to stop the smoke. Smoke in a CRD means trouble. Noise's are worse. You will find out in time. Your ford 6.0 was a better choice.

K&N Air Filter, 2nd gen Fuel filter head
NEW Rockers & lifters
Mobil 1 0w-40
Stant 13519 195 deg inline Thermostat.
0 281 002 845 MAP
Etecno GX3123 7v Glow Plugs
Advance Gold 800CCA Battery
Traded it for a Quality VW TDI

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

My 6.0 blew apart at 130k not sure how's its better...the jetta TDI guys have smoke switches why can't we? Its not like I would drove around with it only for about 5-15 seconds...

Post subject: Few questions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Black Diesel did the smoke switch have something to do with the engine failure?

Bio-Diesel when/where I can. In Houston available at http://www.houstonbiodiesel.com/ and it conforms to ASTM. They also have home brew classes!!

60 % Suburbs N. of Houston, TX - Conroe / The Woodlands Area 40 % Colorado and the West

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

No injector stuck open washed cylinder out a piston came threw block...unrelated to smoke switch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:21 pm 
LOST Junkie

I know that lots of trucks have smoke switches. Never heard of any CRD. FYI...If you push these little engines hard they will break hard, just like your 6.0

Good luck, keep reading and asking questions.

K&N Air Filter, 2nd gen Fuel filter head
NEW Rockers & lifters
Mobil 1 0w-40
Stant 13519 195 deg inline Thermostat.
0 281 002 845 MAP
Etecno GX3123 7v Glow Plugs
Advance Gold 800CCA Battery
Traded it for a Quality VW TDI

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:25 am 
LOST Newbie

I'm going to try and tap in to my map sensor and wire a switch to it like my buddy did to his dodge should work will post how it turns out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:45 am 
LOST Junkie

Is this a kids thing? Why would you want it to smoke or "roll coal". As Diesel Power and/or Diesel World Magazines say, smoke is for competition, not the street. We want people to know that diesel power is GOOD and by being immature and blowing black smoke out the exhaust pipe, it sets us back.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

I want it for our local diesel get together s and car shows not street

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:52 pm 
LOST Junkie

If it is for "Shows", then ok. But see where I am getting at? We are all ready far behind the rest of the world when it comes to diesels. I want a diesel 1/2 ton pickup, and at this point, I don't care if it is Ford, Ram, or GM. We mostly likely don't have one because of Yuppies like this...

http://youtu.be/ZBV486ignTk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:12 pm 
LOST Member

ChooChooman74 wrote:
If it is for "Shows", then ok. But see where I am getting at? We are all ready far behind the rest of the world when it comes to diesels. I want a diesel 1/2 ton pickup, and at this point, I don't care if it is Ford, Ram, or GM. We mostly likely don't have one because of Yuppies like this...

http://youtu.be/ZBV486ignTk

:roll: Boy, I'm not into the whole smoke thing, but wouldn't it been nice to use it right there and then. :twisted: Maybe a turd cannon too. :ROTFL:

Talking like that in front of your kid, I applaud you and your wife. You showed more restraint and class than most could have. That's the kind of brain washing kids need! :BINGO:

Boy she had looks and charm. If she's got a spouse, bet he's chained up in the dungeon at home.

2005 Blue KJ Sport CRD, GDE, Magnaflow muffler, Destination AT, Amsoil filters, Fumoto, Timing belt and waterpump @ 99,600, 11 blade nylon fan, 2905 hayden fan clutch, EURO TC

Arguing about whether the glass is half full or half empty misses the point: the bartender cheated you.
Unknown

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

If only that lady knew tgT the batterys in that thing are worst then anything... and yes I only the smoke for local shows they actuallyhave a "roll coal show" and lots of jettas do it so I would think the card would be neat...I'll try something with map sensor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=69937&p=747293&hilit=smoke#p747293

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

I tried that...really did not do much...barley any smoke has to be a way with map sensor to fool jeep in to dumping more fuel in...all we have to do is fool the jeep that there is no boost or lower boost and will dump more fuel in thus roll coal...maybe that gde ( if I got it right? ) would know something?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

this is a map sensor on a common rail 6.7 cummins...looks very close to our's ( 4 wires ) it fulls the ECU into thinking it is at full boost and dumps fuel in...Im sure we can do the same

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/b ... tch003.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:54 am 
LOST Member

hmm seems like your dead set on this so before you go burning up your wireing harness you should know what your splicing into I am not sure how the liberty is set up but on most diesel you have a 5v wire a ground and a signal wire not sure what the fourth wire doe's? the signal wire should change .05vdc at idle, 5.0vdc at full boost the the theory is makeing a switch it will trigger the signal wire to 5v thus makeing the engine think it is at full boost and "rolling coal" usually work's better with a tune ( Gde hot tune,diablo power puck etc ) but I am not a diesel tech so don't take my advice use a multimeter and good luck let us know how it turns out...

Silver 05 sport crd-Ehm,Orm,wix oversized oilfilter,shell rotell,2nd gen fuelhead,Fumoto oil drain valve,muffler delete,cat removed,V6 airbox swap,evic added,HVAC controls modded, Franken lifted II,hercules Terra Tracs 245/75/16,Full l.e.d. interior swap,hayden fan clutch and nylon fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:58 am 
LOST Member

LOL that is not even the map sensor!! :ROTFL: