It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hey how do you check the oil...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Gee thats a weird place for the dipstick :evil:

I need to post a pic. The dipstick tube is bent down against all of the ABS/Brake stuff so there is no way the oil could be checked. The dealer is going to fix it in the morning. MADE IN THE USA!!!![/img]

Post subject: Re: Hey how do you check the oil...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:47 pm 
LOST Addict

TDI4BY wrote:
Gee thats a weird place for the dipstick :evil:

I need to post a pic. The dipstick tube is bent down against all of the ABS/Brake stuff so there is no way the oil could be checked. The dealer is going to fix it in the morning. MADE IN THE USA!!!![/img]
Tell them to order new tube and dipstick, mine had the same problem and they were unable to straighted the tube out or even get the dipstick out of the tube. The tech is going to be needing about 3 hrs for the repair, I think they had to remove the EGR to get the one bolt out to remove the tube. I bet this happened while in shipment or when being fitted into the engine at factory.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Image[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ask your dealership how they checked the oil level as part of the pre-delivery inspection :-)
When DCX sends you the questionaire, include this picture :-) :-)

IronMan Lift/Shocks/Provent/Moog ball joints/ V6 Airbox/Fan/Hayden
Cobalt Boost/EGT/Oil/Trans/Volt gauges/Aeroturbine 2525
Yeti Hot Tune/Odessey 65/Samco's/Michelin Defenders

Last edited by Ranger1 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I did and they told me that it must have been a dealer trade so the other dealer would have done the PDI :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

TDI4BY wrote:
I did and they told me that it must have been a dealer trade so the other dealer would have done the PDI :roll:

"must have been a dealer trade" ??? Like they don't really know how it arrived ? Somehow, someway, CRD's just show up on their lot each morning and they all join hands and sing "Looky, looky, another dealer trade happened while we wuz sleeping." Or maybe aliens took too much cargo aboard and just to lighten their drag they dropped off your CRD in a last ditch effort to break earth orbit? These dealer crack me up sometimes with the stories they can fire off without breaking a sweat.

IronMan Lift/Shocks/Provent/Moog ball joints/ V6 Airbox/Fan/Hayden
Cobalt Boost/EGT/Oil/Trans/Volt gauges/Aeroturbine 2525
Yeti Hot Tune/Odessey 65/Samco's/Michelin Defenders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:45 pm 
LOST Addict

The guy that PDI our CRD was told to look for other employment.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:08 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I am going to make sure the service manager does a little poking around because If I was some poor sap that knew nothing about cars who knows what would have happened. What is great is that I was going to check vehicles at an out of state dealer that sells below invoice and they badmouthed them saying that they don't do PDI's and if I left those other guys lot it would be my problem if there was no oil in my new Jeep. Looks like the pot is calling the kettle black huh.
I just got back from running for dinner and man I love that diesel,I feel bad for reporting my bad experiences. I am not so sure about the Sport Seats though, I am too wide for those things :oops: and they are really hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:11 am 
LOST Addict

TDI4BY wrote:
I am going to make sure the service manager does a little poking around because If I was some poor sap that knew nothing about cars who knows what would have happened. What is great is that I was going to check vehicles at an out of state dealer that sells below invoice and they badmouthed them saying that they don't do PDI's and if I left those other guys lot it would be my problem if there was no oil in my new Jeep. Looks like the pot is calling the kettle black huh.
I just got back from running for dinner and man I love that diesel,I feel bad for reporting my bad experiences. I am not so sure about the Sport Seats though, I am too wide for those things :oops: and they are really hard.
Sounds like we be kindred sprits, what with dipstick bent like yours (bought ours last Oct) and it being a Sport model with kind of crappy seats that don't fit my big arss either. On the few ocassions I drive the CRD I am reminded how much more comfortable my Magnum is from a sitting and ride stand point, but driving the torque of the CRD kind of offsets all that comfort of the Magnum.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:32 am 
LOST Addict

Wow...when you said your dipstick was bent I thought to myself, "Maybe that's why mine has been so hard to pull and reinsert the dipstick". But then I saw your picture. WOW...yours really is BENT. That is ridiculous...how on Earth could the dealership miss something like that??

2005 Stone White KJ Limited CRD 4x4
Off-Road Pkg
Trac-Lok
Emu 790s/948s
Skyjacker H7088s rear/Bilsteins front
15x7 Black Rock Lobos/31x10.50 Firestones
GDE HOT Tune + TCM Tune
Euro TC
CB radio
Thrush Turbo muffler
AEM DryFlow filter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:49 am 
LOST Addict

Truly unfortunate and I would think embarassing for Jeep. Makes me wonder what the factory quality control inspectors were doing that day. If they did catch it on the assembly line, unlikely they had the part on hand to fix it. More likely to ship it to be fix it at the dealer later. But hey, easy to find your block heater cord now.

I worked for a short time at a large volume Chevy dealer. PDI consisted of pulling the plastic off the seats, fast wash, and get the car & customer off the lot before their impulse to buy the car faded. They actually went as far a video training materials detailing this sales technique. I had a big issue with the way they did business and bailed quickly. It evident that my CRD went through a PDI. They even asked me if I would mind returning in a few of hours while they inspected the truck and got the paperwork together. Watched them drive it away to their service dept that is a mile down the street.

If you need to know the original dealer involved, look at the bottom line of your window sticker (next to the bar code). Just a gut hunch, on a CRD model probably wasn't a transfer.

Those crappy sport seats fit my skinny ars just fine. They will loosen some and get more comfortable, need to give it some time. Should get some scotchguard on them as they will show water stains.

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

:D :D :D :D They took that one back and gave me one with Cruise,Trailer tow, Tint and SIDE AIR BAGS. I paid the difference but it was only a few hundred dollars. Man I am happy. They had promissed cruise and it turns out that you cannot, I repeat CANNOT add cruise to a CRD Sport that came without it.I was clear before I bought it that I NEEDED cruise. They are making good on what could have been a bad situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:24 am 
LOST Addict

Well I'm glad that you found a rare dealership that is coming through for their customer. Congrats. :o

2005 Stone White KJ Limited CRD 4x4
Off-Road Pkg
Trac-Lok
Emu 790s/948s
Skyjacker H7088s rear/Bilsteins front
15x7 Black Rock Lobos/31x10.50 Firestones
GDE HOT Tune + TCM Tune
Euro TC
CB radio
Thrush Turbo muffler
AEM DryFlow filter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:42 am 
LOST Member

I guess we should start a club .. but since you sent yours back ...

Post subject: bbo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:57 am 
LOST Addict

Let me know how it works out for you, they almost had the disassemble the engine to replace the dipstick on mine. They had to loosen the EGR, but not the coolant hoses and had to have it on the rack to get to the last bolt from the bottom. The dipstick tube is cast metal and is very sturdy, but might break or not straighten properly. MOPAR warranty covered a new tube and stick without even requiring a picture, that makes me think they have had a few of these puppies before mine last Oct.[/b]

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:34 pm 
LOST Member

yep .. I am almost a year into service and when I called on mine .. ( noticed when I got home) took it in .. they brought in back ... came back and gave me a loaner ... ordered it and by end of week ( I think I brought it in on Tuesday and picked up on Friday) it was done.

I think they said something about engine assembly caused the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:03 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

They are giving me a different Jeep because of a no cruise control issue(long story) so I don't care but the tech fixed mine in like 5 minutes. He just bent it back up and they are going to dealer trade it.........I am glad it's not mine.