All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Excessive White smoke after MAP Cleaning and EHM
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:41 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

OldSkull wrote:
Ticket on sale now! :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Thanks a lot you darn Canuk! :mrgreen:

OK take me out of this, I hope every noob blows the seals out of their CRD before they make their first post? :roll:

Those "Hi I bought a new CRD" threads with the boring "Be sure you read the noob guide" :| responses, are very boring, we want to see drama off of every noob. Make them get their hands dirty and dig deep in their pockets $$$$ for initiation? :dead:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

So I got the Jeep back Sunday, the crank seal was shipped in from Detroit and actually slipped right through the cover and fit looser than the blown one. My mechanic talked to some Mopar people he knew and they said it will "vulcanise" itself to the cover. He ordered a new cover with the seal in already just to be safe because it just did't feel right to him. Shipped again from Detroit. New hoses, timing belt job a little early, everything seems fine about 50 miles in. Thanks again everybody for their help.

82 VW rabbit truck aka Caddy
1.6diesel under construction but still runs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

xseadogx wrote:
So I got the Jeep back Sunday, the crank seal was shipped in from Detroit and actually slipped right through the cover and fit looser than the blown one. My mechanic talked to some Mopar people he knew and they said it will "vulcanise" itself to the cover. He ordered a new cover with the seal in already just to be safe because it just did't feel right to him. Shipped again from Detroit. New hoses, timing belt job a little early, everything seems fine about 50 miles in. Thanks again everybody for their help.

Glad you are back on the road, now enjoy the darn thing! :pepper:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

"While I think thats a bit of an exaggeration it is fair to point out what can go wrong if you screw things up.

Warning: If you screw up the install of a new heater head your vehicle might burn to the ground.
Warning: If you screw up your oil change and all your oil leaks out of your engine you will most likely destroy the engine and turbo.
Warning: If you screw up cleaning your MAP you will screw up your MAP.
Warning: The bags your new parts come in present a suffocation hazard, do not place over head and then wrap electrical tap around your throat while binding your hands together without anyone else present who knows the safeword.

I'm not opposed to putting a disclaimer in there, but what is truely worthy of a disclaimer and what is not? Would have the disclaimer of making sure the EHM was vented have helped in this case? I'm not sure it would have."

Without a doubt, this is the best advice i have read on a forum in awhile.
Thanks LostJeeps. :)

2005 Liberty CRD, ORM, EHM, muffler delete, 3 inch lift, 245/75/16's, Front bumper mods, Home made front tow points, Wanting More!

1995 Dodge 2500 Cummins 12 valve, Built pump, 5 inch exhaust, Built Trans, big rig turbo, lifted on 35's

Custom 31' Center Console, Cummins 12 Valve, Built pump, custom turbo.rolls coal and sips fuel!