It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lift and Tire questions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:27 am 
LOST Newbie

Last year I went through a whole ordeal about trying to fit some 32" BFG Mud Terrains. Eventually, with the guys on this sites help, I decided it was going to create too many problems than it was worth to go that high. So I decided to go with 31" Duratracs. Which I am really happy with. But I have the BFG's still and I just got a K5 Blazer with 33's on it and now my fiancee, who drives the Liberty, has decided she needs bigger tires on it. Knowing now what I know, I can't raise the frame any further from the axle without causing issues. But I am now wondering if there is a BODY LIFT out there that I can use to space the body a little further from the axle without messing with the frame and all that is attached to it? I know I hate body lifts too. Usually. But the only problem I had with the 32's was they would have flexed into the fender way too quickly on a trail and the rubbed a little at full turn. So if I can get the body just a little bit higher, then I think I could make them work. But I need advice. I can't seem to find a body lift. Is this a bad idea? Why? That kind of stuff. Thanks a lot guys.

2005 Liberty CRD Limited Loaded, GDE Hot Tune, Rear Suspension Air Bags, ARB Bull Bar, OME 790 front springs with Nitrochargers, Rancho 9000s in the rear, 245/75/16 Duratracs, Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, Red Samcos, HiLift, Smittybuilt X2O 8,000 lb, Solid Rear Diff Cover

Chaperoned by the dog pack - Bobby Seale, Abbie Hoffman, and MJ Pride

Post subject: Re: Lift and Tire questions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:01 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

No such thing as a body lift for a KJ,totally impossible to do since it's a uniframe design.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:11 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks.

2005 Liberty CRD Limited Loaded, GDE Hot Tune, Rear Suspension Air Bags, ARB Bull Bar, OME 790 front springs with Nitrochargers, Rancho 9000s in the rear, 245/75/16 Duratracs, Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, Red Samcos, HiLift, Smittybuilt X2O 8,000 lb, Solid Rear Diff Cover

Chaperoned by the dog pack - Bobby Seale, Abbie Hoffman, and MJ Pride

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

denvergrows wrote:
Last year I went through a whole ordeal about trying to fit some 32" BFG Mud Terrains. Eventually, with the guys on this sites help, I decided it was going to create too many problems than it was worth to go that high. So I decided to go with 31" Duratracs. Which I am really happy with. But I have the BFG's still and I just got a K5 Blazer with 33's on it and now my fiancee, who drives the Liberty, has decided she needs bigger tires on it. Knowing now what I know, I can't raise the frame any further from the axle without causing issues. But I am now wondering if there is a BODY LIFT out there that I can use to space the body a little further from the axle without messing with the frame and all that is attached to it? I know I hate body lifts too. Usually. But the only problem I had with the 32's was they would have flexed into the fender way too quickly on a trail and the rubbed a little at full turn. So if I can get the body just a little bit higher, then I think I could make them work. But I need advice. I can't seem to find a body lift. Is this a bad idea? Why? That kind of stuff. Thanks a lot guys.

32 BFG are sweet! 5 inches of backspacing and bump stops will work fine. Regear would be nice but I am getting good MPG still with the CRD and the hottune is there for me when I need the power :wink:

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry