It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Transmission codes 0700, 0733, 0734, 0735
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thats the answer they (warranty advisors) are trained to give first. If that makes you go away, then it doesn't cost them anything.

Pays to be persistent.

Glad your ride is fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:59 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The quiet time was short lived.

Update, the transmission shifts well but the following is what I am experiencing right now.

1. Engine light is lit and codes P0700, P0725 are showing.

2. The wobble/shake is back and only felt while traveling at sustained highway speeds above 63mph.

Chrysler customer care has been made aware of the problem and I am meeting the Jeep service manager this morning.

I realize this is becoming pretty boring to some of you, but for the sake of keeping this information available to others who may be experiencing the same issues and adding to the Liberty CRD knowledge base of this forum, I will continue to report back until the transmission issues I'm experiencing are fixed for good.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:08 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Not boring at all to me.

:POPCORN:

GDE ECO Tune / Fumoto Valve / E-Tecno GX3123 7v Glow Plugs / 2nd Gen Fuel Head / Mishimoto RED Hoses / Rockers/Lifters @ 114k / Hayden FC + 11 Blade Nylon / Sears P1 Battery / Transgo 45RFE-HD2 Reprogramming Kit / Timken Front Bearings

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Update:

I met the service manager, explained the issues I was having, showed him the engine light on the dash and he decided to take it out for a test drive.

When he retuned he said that he felt the wobble shake at 65 mph, but he didn't think it was that bad. It was not grave enough to warrant bringing the vehicle in the shop. I informed him that the noise gets worse at sustained highway speeds above 65 MPH. He said that they are instructed not to drive it above 65.

He placed a scanner on it and said that the codes weren't showing up anymore and the engine light was out.

He said all is well with the vehicle and to return if the noise got louder or I noticed any other issue with the vehicle.

Customer care called me and my claim manager wanted to know how the meeting went with the service manger and after I gave her the update, she said not to worry, that she was going to get back to me on Friday with instructions on how to proceed.

The saga continues.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:36 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Update.

The jeep is back and it runs drives magnificently.

The dealer updated the ECM and TCM with the latest updates and the rear upper control arm has new bushings. You can really feel the difference almost like having a GDE tune but without it. The latest updates really make the difference.

There is more power at take offs then before and the transmission shifts superbly.

The shimmy shake is gone and the engine sounds smooth and quieter, I can hardly hear it when stopped at a light, the rattle is gone.

BUT: I've noticed that if I do the Off road Modification, the engine runs real bad. I am considering the Elephant Hose Modification instead or invest in a provent and increase my Oil change intervals to every 4500 miles helping to keep the soot level low.

I believe that this ordeal is over and I am very pleased.

Over and out fellas and ladies.

Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:48 am 
LOST Addict

So, are you going now to send the ECU back to GDE?

DOC

2005 KJ CRD Ltd Detroit TrueTrac Bilsteins G2 GDE "HOT" ECU GDE TCM "Tow Tune" "euro" TC SEGR Weeks Elbow New HG at 130K ARPs Clean CAT aFe Filter Magnaflow Exhaust EHM Cumminos In-Tank Lift Pump Hayden Fan Clutch Nylon Fan VH Enabled with GDE lower shutoff point Recalibrated Temp Gauge Tekonsha Prodigy Sears P-1 ZDDP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:54 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Doc, I have an alternate ECU with the hot tune on it that I will keep on the shelf. I want to see how this new OEM ECU/TCM update works over time. I think I may keep it stock if it continues to run this good.

I am very happy with the performance, I never thought the jeep could run this well with an OEM software and transmission update.

It doesn't have the power I used to experience with the GDE HOT tune but I think I can live with the OEM set up the way it is running now.

It's real smooth, it has an incredibly quick peddle response and the power is there when I need it.

I would hate to disturb this set up.

Personally speaking, I am in AWE and it only has 59,000 miles on it.

But here's the bad part, my better half wants me to get rid of it ...... she's had enough, home time is not very pleasant, the CRD experience has been a challenge.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:52 am 
LOST Addict

If it really is new programming, I am sure Keith would love to look at it. You could use your other ECU while he did that. I am sure he can incorporate any useful changes so you can have the best of both worlds.

Regarding the other, much more serious issue, contact me offline. (That's what I do in my real job.)

DOC

2005 KJ CRD Ltd Detroit TrueTrac Bilsteins G2 GDE "HOT" ECU GDE TCM "Tow Tune" "euro" TC SEGR Weeks Elbow New HG at 130K ARPs Clean CAT aFe Filter Magnaflow Exhaust EHM Cumminos In-Tank Lift Pump Hayden Fan Clutch Nylon Fan VH Enabled with GDE lower shutoff point Recalibrated Temp Gauge Tekonsha Prodigy Sears P-1 ZDDP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Update.

Recently I swapped the original ECM with a GDE Hot tune.

I am now experiencing a little shudder when the tranny is fully locked up, so I decided to go NAPA and pick up a bottle of this stuff.

http://www.lubegard.com/~/C-112/LUBEGAR ... Protectant

Followed the directions on the bottle and poured it in the tranny.

I am happy to report that the shudder is gone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Update; shudder returned and after doing some research on the causes of shudder, I discovered that old and dirty gear oil in the rear differential can cause shudder. I just changed the gear oil and the shudder is gone.

So my shudder was not due to the TC but to the dirty gear oil in the differential.

The oil in the differential hadn't been changed since it came out of the factory. My fault for not checking earlier, I bought the jeep with 37,000 miles on it in 2011 it now has 65,000 miles, it was due for a change. I'll do the front tomorrow.

So if any of you are experiencing continued shudder even after you replaced your Torque converter, before you tare into your transmission again, change the rear differential oil with 70 OZ of 75 - 90 synthetic gear oil.

The worst part of the job was getting the old gasket off.

Here is a good write up on how to do it: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-ch ... ils-28670/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

was doing about 55mph a few hours ago and my rpms shot up so i stopped and pulled the scanner out. got the p0700,p0731 and p0846. hopefully its just the filter

:banghead:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

spin on filter was laying in the pan. go figure. i got one sitting here in the garage. gonna walk to parts store and grab the other filter and some oil and see what happens

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

DONE!!! easy day. never seen a filter come off like that. it just unthreaded itself. threads on both filter and coupler were fine. i knew something was wrong when i saw the filter but i didnt remember what the filter was supposed to look like till i pulled the new one out. the plastic coupler was still threaded into my transmission so i just unscrewed it and put the new filters in. works like new. codes cleared after just a few minutes. best 75 bucks i ever spent haha. time to get that sweet stupid rustys off-road lift on next weekend :BANANA: :JEEPIN:

if you guys have a deep pan like i do you might want to try to find a way to keep the filter from backing off like i believe the original pan did..? not sure i threw it away years ago but if anyone has any ideas i would like to know. my first thought was to get a piece of cylindrical aluminum and weld it underneath the filter. but i think the main reason why the filter came off was my passenger side strut started acting up a few weeks ago and when it did i had some pretty bad vibration obviously, which is one of the reasons i ordered the rustys lift so maybe im wasting time thinking about a filter fix but if i get some down time with this vehicle ill keep working on some ideas