It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New CRD
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:17 am 
LOST Member

I went to the dealership to drop off my 02 Liberty for the 30,000 mile service and drove home in a 06 CRD. I have 37 miles on it so far. When I test drove it I tried to get the tranny to shudder and wasn't able to. The dealership I went to was Bill Luke Chrysler in Phoenix. Overall I'm happy with the deal I got and the way I was treated. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the dealership (for the initial purchase, we'll see how service goes) and the salesman I dealt with, Tony. I asked a lot of questions abou the extended warranty and ended up buying it. I bought the "bumper to bumper" 7/70 warranty. I don't normally buy extended warranties but I found this one to be pretty impressive in what it offers. I hope I never have to use it. Here's the details:

06 CRD
Deep Beryl Green
Skid Plates
Tow Pkg
EVIC
6 CD In Dash Changer w/Sirius
Side Airbags

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:47 am 
LOST Member

Congrats on getting the CRD! I have had very few issues with mine (I do get the shuder ocasionally). I have been able to find tons of information on the CRD from LOST members. There is a wealth of knowledge here on the CRD. I really enjoy driving mine, love all the torque.

2005 CRD Limited 4x4 - Deep Beryl Green - Selec-Trac
Trac-Lok - Skid Plates - BFG Radial Long Trail TA's- Rotella T 5W40 Synthetic.

2007 GC CRD Limited. Silver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:12 pm 
LOST Member

I'm in Phoenix also and have heard good things about Bill Luke's Service Department as well as the dealership as a whole. What'd you have to pay for your extended warranty? What deductible did you choose? Help with the details! I'm about to spring for one myself. .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:57 pm 
LOST Member

My wife did the talking on the warranty while I was watching the 2 year old. She choose the $100 deductible and paid too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:08 pm 
LOST Member

At first I thought you had dropped off your '02 for service and they gave you a CRD loaner! Then I realized you traded the '02 in on the CRD. :)

Welcome to the board! I love my CRD. Gets better mileage than my Subaru WRX and carries more stuff. Plus I get double mileage towing from my 2000 Wrangler. I've only had the tranny filter TSB done. Debating on whether to get the reflash done - I do my own service so unless something breaks it'll never be into the dealer.

GDE Eco Tune and DPF delete
CB Engineering DPF delete pipe
EHM

Past (sold to Mountainman):
2005 Patriot Blue Liberty CRD Limited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Congrats and welcome to the dark side aka Diesel side. You will like it better every day you have it. :D

06 Jetta TDI/DSG, RC1+, VAG-COM,
V-65 Drag Bike