It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EGR Cooler Hoses (was: Can't find a part on the parts fiche)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:45 am 
LOST Member

To those of you ignorant folks who don’t understand it was never legal in the first place removing emissions equipment from a vehicle that is licensed and drives on the road has always been a federal offense they’ve just recently started acting upon it… Keith is adapting and doing what he has to to put food on his table which means selling emissions compliant tunes. He could continue to offer compliant tunes but most people were too cheap to buy the tunes before and now that his tunes are certified by the epa and it’s all legal it costs $100000 per platform to certify so take the cost for the kJ tuning $500 and add the cost amortized out for the certification and you are looking at a $5000 tune just to break even… I am a professional mechanic and i talked with Keith on the phone a few years back about the situation so I had more info

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: EGR Cooler Hoses (was: Can't find a part on the parts fi
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:20 pm 
LOST Member

No one wants to hear preaching. It isn’t legal to put loud annoying exhaust in vehicles in most places but people do it and it isn’t enforced. Ever that I’ve seen.

Most people know it’s illegal. Can’t blame them for removing a poorly engineered system. And one that hurts the engine. It was a grey area. Like many laws not enforced. The EPA has no right to enforce sellers from providing things buyers can use illegally. Just like the MPAA has no right to ban servers that just provide a medium for illegal activity. But, alas. Another discussion.

Keith was very knowledgeable on the 2.8 GM used engine and the CRD. Unfortunate he’s muzzled now. He said they actually monitor their emails and phone calls. Feel sorry for them. I’ve spoken to him many times on the phone. But I understand his position now in this climate and don’t expect things to ever improve.

Around where I live half of every truck is freely breathing. There are bigger problems to worry about than this stuff.

Post subject: Re: EGR Cooler Hoses (was: Can't find a part on the parts fi
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:29 pm 

EPA forcing manufactures to install equipment that causes engines to get a lot worse fuel mileage, and increases emissions overall, along with shorting the life of the engine all in the name of environmental protection is a total oxymoron. An agency run by idiots!
And disrespecting owners by degrading them who simply want to improve their vehicles efficiency and longevity will certainly NOT make you any friends.... :cry:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve