It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: anyone get their free hitch yet?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:28 pm 

Took mine in this morning to a local Jeep/Dodge dealer for the recall; they informed me that since it already had a factory installed Mopar hitch, all they had to do was inspect it and put a certification sticker on it which they did and do the paperwork...

Funny thing happened while I was there; some salesman and the service writer started asking me about it being a Diesel Liberty and said they did not know that Jeep ever made or sold one in a diesel. Some in service said they had never even seen one! Word soon got around the dealership, and before they got through inspecting the hitch and doing the paperwork, I had a small crowd milling around the Jeep with hood up looking it over... :lol:
One salesman asked me if I wanted to trade it for a new Wrangler, (40k & 17 mpg), I just laughed at him.
:ROTFL: :SOMBRERO: :ROTFL:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I got mine installed yesterday, no wiring though.

I will have to do that myself. The wires must attach to an existing wiring harness some where, anybody know where?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:35 pm 
LOST Addict

racertracer wrote:
I got mine installed yesterday, no wiring though.

I will have to do that myself. The wires must attach to an existing wiring harness some where, anybody know where?

Did you get the harness? Is it the plug and play type?

Sent with the power of children's screams!!!

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:16 pm 
LOST Addict

Not sure how mopar is, but the one I got from eBay (curt I think is the brand) plugs into the left stop light socket for sure - maybe also right, don't remember exactly). It takes 30-60 MI uses to do it right, tuck the wires, use loom, etc, and maybe 10 if you rush it.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:18 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

4x4kayak2112 wrote:

]Did you get the harness? Is it the plug and play type?

Sent with the power of children's screams!!!

I did not get the harness yet.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:20 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
etrailer.com sells the plug-in harness, it will slot in behind both tail lights at their electrical harnesses, and give you the 4-flat connection.

You will need to route the cross wire under the flooring or the doorway trim (not hard) from one side to the other, and then find a way to get the 4-flat connector itself outdoors. IIRC, I went under the trim for that too, and then under the bumper without removing anything.

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:23 am 
LOST Addict

I have to make a new appointment for mine since the last was canceled because the transmission went on me out of town and I wasn't going to have it fixed in time to get to the dealership.

my question is since I have the tow package with flat 4 wire. how do I upgrade to the RV connector and flat 4 ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:36 am 
LOST Member

Got tired of listening to the automated recall phone calls so I took the Jeep into the dealer today to see if they would install my new hitch (actually I just want them to replace the sheared off bolt in one of my frame holes since I already have a junkyard special....)

Of course the service manager knows NUUUTHING (Sgt. Schultz) except that I'm #25 on the waiting list! :dizzy:

#1 2006 Silver CRD Limited, flipped spare tire, ASFIR skids, GDE TCM & Ecotune, blue SAMCOs, 5V glow plugs, Rotella T6, intank fuel pump, Gen2 fuel head, new crank sensor, JBA 2.5 in silver package, Provent and ARB bumper
#2 2006 Metallic Green Limited; currently DOA
#3 2005 Silver project; currently not running...don't judge me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I called back in October for my 2 hitches, and have not heard boo. They must be dragging it out in hopes that the Libby's go to the junk yard before they install the receivers?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:07 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Oh come now, that is just so cynical! They wouldn't possibly do THAT, right? /s

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:53 pm 
LOST Addict

There is probably only one Chinese pour soul that's doing all those hitches to keep down the costs that mother Chrysler is willing to pay, so it may take a while...

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:30 pm 
LOST Addict

My local dealership has a whole stock pile. So far 4 KJs have came in for the recall (they claim) 3 of which were my KJs.

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

I got a message on phone that hitch was in and all I needed to do was make an appt. I made the appt and got there about 1/2 hour early. 2 1/2 hours later I was notified the jeep was ready and would be released when I paid the 189.00 for the hitch and labor. After I hit the roof and told them I was not going to pay a friggin thing and to remove the hitch. The service manager got involved and discovered the service adviser had hit the wrong button on the computer and there would be no charge. I got myself and my Libby out of there and hope to never return. I believe if I had not hit the roof, the charge would have stayed.

Stant 195 degree thermostat,

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:52 am 
LOST Member

"The service adviser had hit the wrong button on the computer..." Right. Do they really expect anybody to actually believe this?

Meanwhile, I am STILL waiting...

2005 Liberty Limited CRD; Air Filter Monitor; Samco Hoses; GDE HOT Tune; RL037142AA TC; KJ Interior Rack from All J Products; JBA Adjust-a-strut lift and A-Arms; 245/75R16 Firestone Destination ATs on Moabs; ARB Bumper; ASFIR Skids; FS-2500 Bypass Filter; ARP studs.
2016 Grand Cherokee Overland CRD.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'll add my less than stellar experience with this recall.... I got the original notice and called the local dealer, "no replacement parts available". So I researched it and found the concern was with fuel tank ruptures during accidents and resulting fires. Since it's diesel I wasn't overly concerned. 9 months later I get a reminder from Jeep and went into the dealership in September (2014). "No replacement parts available", so I put my name on the list. No response from the dealership and yet another recall notice, so I went in Monday. The parts where there, but...... They told me they could replace the hitch but I'd have to pay to have a new bracket for the wiring because it wasn't included. I told them I wasn't willing to pay for that, so they inspected the hitch and found "some minor rust". They put a sticker on it and sent me on my way. No new bolts, just the inspection sticker.

I do tow with my jeep, so I guess when the weather gets warmer I'll remove the hitch, clean, repaint, and reinstall with new bolts. Probably should have done that in the first place, it would have been less of a hassle. (BTW, I have an OE hitch)

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:25 pm 
LOST Member

thermorex wrote:
There is probably only one Chinese pour soul that's doing all those hitches to keep down the costs that mother Chrysler is willing to pay, so it may take a while...

Uh yeah, my tech's name was Ming and he ( and the rest of the service dept) couldn't figure out how to install the hitch and my ASFIR gas tank skid. ...decided to do it myself. At least I got 6 new bolts and they removed a sheared off bolt in one hole.

Oh, and they nicely removed the 7 pin connector box on the new hitch, probably to prevent those pesky questions. ...

#1 2006 Silver CRD Limited, flipped spare tire, ASFIR skids, GDE TCM & Ecotune, blue SAMCOs, 5V glow plugs, Rotella T6, intank fuel pump, Gen2 fuel head, new crank sensor, JBA 2.5 in silver package, Provent and ARB bumper
#2 2006 Metallic Green Limited; currently DOA
#3 2005 Silver project; currently not running...don't judge me

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:14 pm 
LOST Junkie

CGman wrote:
...Oh, and they nicely removed the 7 pin connector box on the new hitch, probably to prevent those pesky questions. ...

What hitch was this? No one else I know of had a 7-pin box there to begin with.

927/948 OME Springs - Bilstein Shocks - JBA Upper Control Arms - Rage Black Widow Roof Basket - Viper 3606V Alarm System

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:19 pm 
LOST Member

I just moved to MD for my new job. I took it in for the recall, a new state inspection and some service stuff I don't have time for right now. The Local dealer told me they just had to measure it and put a sticker on it. Then I got a call saying the spacing was wrong and they had to replace the hitch. They also replaced the bracket for the 7pin connector, they had to order it separate as the recall hitch didn't come with it.

When I picked it up Friday the paperwork said the new hitch couldn't be used for towing, which resulted in a discussion with the service manager. He says its a liability thing because folks who didn't have a Mopar hitch didn't get the wiring and that I am good to go.

SOLD-2006 Red CRD Sport 4x4. Hot, Fumoto, Weeks stage 1, ARP studs .
SOLD-2006 blue CRD Sport 4x4. Eco, Fumoto.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:40 pm 
LOST Junkie

buddy357 wrote:
...When I picked it up Friday the paperwork said the new hitch couldn't be used for towing, which resulted in a discussion with the service manager. He says its a liability thing because folks who didn't have a Mopar hitch didn't get the wiring and that I am good to go.

Thank you! We have been telling people that for a year now. Most of them didn't want to believe it... :D

927/948 OME Springs - Bilstein Shocks - JBA Upper Control Arms - Rage Black Widow Roof Basket - Viper 3606V Alarm System

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:51 pm 
LOST Member

My issue was I use the jeep for light towing. I was a little ticked since it was never mentioned, I looked for it since it had been discussed here. The dealer said it was a class 4 hitch(not sure I believe that), but he said since mine came with the hitch and wiring I was allowed to use it for towing. He said folks without a MOPAR hitch just got a hitch with no wiring or bracket for the 7 pin connector.

The spiel from the receipt says "Do not attempt to tow with the campaign installed trailer hitch assembly. Your vehicle was not equipped with a chrysler em trailer tow package (not true, we looked) and this campaign-trailer hitch assembly does not include the necessary wiring harness and/or other heavy-duty components required for towing."

SOLD-2006 Red CRD Sport 4x4. Hot, Fumoto, Weeks stage 1, ARP studs .
SOLD-2006 blue CRD Sport 4x4. Eco, Fumoto.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next