It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mishimoto vs Samco boost hoses
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:31 pm 

Which is the better hose? Mishimoto or Samco boost hoses :? :?: Not much difference between prices $$$ for either. I am ready to order a set and would like to like to make an informed decision on which brand to order based on list member ratings. 8) Mine are fairly soggy. :(
I will post the result if I can get enough feedback.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

Post subject: Re: Mishimoto vs Samco boost hoses
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:56 am 
LOST Addict

From the feedback and research I've done, they are about the same, just 2 different manufacturers making a high quality product. I have samco and I'm very pleased with them.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have Mishimoto as I told my wife to order Samco's and they were on the same website and $7 cheaper (or something like that) so that's what she ordered.

They fit great, they work great, they look great - so I just kept them after reading online reviews about their products.

No issues in the first 20k miles.

GDE ECO Tune / Fumoto Valve / E-Tecno GX3123 7v Glow Plugs / 2nd Gen Fuel Head / Mishimoto RED Hoses / Rockers/Lifters @ 114k / Hayden FC + 11 Blade Nylon / Sears P1 Battery / Transgo 45RFE-HD2 Reprogramming Kit / Timken Front Bearings

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:28 pm 
LOST Addict

Dont forget to check out eBay, I think I got mine with something like 240 shipped, brand new.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:06 pm 
LOST Junkie

I've just put on a set of omix Ada's. they were less than 100$, fit nicely and seem well made.

RUNNING B100
Pic of my Jeep!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:31 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ebbnflow wrote:
I've just put on a set of omix Ada's. they were less than 100$, fit nicely and seem well made.

Are the silicone-based like the other two?

Dan

Fumoto drain | ProVent CCV Filter
Stanadyne FM100 filter | Cummins fuel pump
GDE Eco | SEGR | BoulderBars | FrankenLift | Frankenskids

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:22 pm 
LOST Junkie

dgeist wrote:

Are the silicone-based like the other two?

Dan

They are more like the factory ones than the Samos, but the larger CAC hose has a liner, I believe is silicone.

RUNNING B100
Pic of my Jeep!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:53 pm 

A big thanks to all who gave feedback on the boost hoses! :)
I went with the Samco hoses for two reasons; European design, and Boostcontroller had matching clamps to go with the new hoses. Got them installed tonight along with a new Mopar air box to turbo hose. They look great and fit perfect. :-)r
Hopefully the last boost hoses I will ever buy! 8) Will drive to work in the morning and see if I can tell any difference. :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:56 am 
LOST Addict

Mishimoto's are $250 shipped on Amazon at the moment. What are the ID's of the two pipes, 2.5" and 2"?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:56 pm 
LOST Member

What I don't understand is why a comparable (two piece, similar size) silicone hose kit for a 6-cylinder 02-07 Wrangler is only $100, while the hose kit for the Liberty CRD is $300. Kind of aggravating.

Also, I thought I'd let the community know that I made the mistake of purchasing the IDParts.com silicone hose kit a while back, and just spent some time stranded in the desert because the upper radiator hose split. It wasn't rubbing on anything and the exterior of the hose still looked new. It just plain failed.

IDParts is saying since it's out of the 1 year warranty period, they won't refund (or even credit) my purchase price for the kit. They'll only give me a partial credit towards the Samco kit from their site ($300). I'm pretty disappointed since they obviously *know* the hoses were bad and no longer sell their IDParts.com branded hoses.

I'm posting this here in case anyone else installed the IDParts.com silicone hoses. You would be well served to replace them before you get stranded somewhere with a split hose (or two).

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:26 pm 
LOST Junkie

Sux that ID won't stand behind their products.

Check eBay. I got my set of red samcos for a little over $100. They were new old stock.

RUNNING B100
Pic of my Jeep!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:28 pm 
LOST Junkie

Sorry. Double post.

RUNNING B100
Pic of my Jeep!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:07 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
I've had the old style IDParts silicone hoses in mine for about 2.5 years. I was running unregulated boost (appx 30psi) while doing some testing, and the turbo end of the pass. side hose failed in spectacular fashion right beside the clamp. I cut it behind the failure to clean the end, did some jerry-rigged reinforcing, intending to replace them later, and it has worked great ever since inspite of regularly carrying 20-25 psi.
My gauge is a mechanical Auto-Meter, so there is no inaccuracy introduced from electro-mechanical sensors or multiple levels of interpretation between the gauge and the intake pressure.
IMO the original IDParts silicone hoses were made to prevent the bi-annual failure of the OEM hoses due to hot CCV gases and turbo oil related deterioration. They aren't built to hold up with some of the more aggressive tunes some of us are running.
I don't know what failed on yours, but there are many reasons beyond the control of IDParts that could result in inconsistent quality. In my view, I applaud their decision to discontinue that arrangement, and proceed with marketing Samco hoses, as they have established the reputation of being the best, even though IDParts' profit margin is very likely less.

Your observation regarding the prices of Wrangler (and Cherokee) aftermarket stuff being cheaper than Liberty (or any other Jeep) stuff is an aggravation the rest of us share, but what it comes down to is Economies of Scale. Our market is quite simply much smaller.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set